• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
This story is from Keepalowprofile, she says she can't post from her phone. A poor innocent child is dead because his PoS grandma decided it was a great idea to mix heroin and babysitting.

A baby is dead after his grandmother overdosed on heroin while babysitting, according to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

A grand jury indicted 42-year-old Kathy Huff on felony child endangerment charges last week after deputies said her husband found her and the 4-month-old unresponsive in a bathtub.

Hamilton County Sheriff Jim Neil said Huff admitted to snorting heroin just before her daughter dropped off Huff's 4-month-old grandson for Huff to look after in Cleves on October 3.

Both Huff and the baby were hospitalized after the incident. The baby was in critical condition.​

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/crime/baby-dies-after-grandma-ods-on-heroin-while-babysitting

KHuff_zpsxpzqdh2u.jpg

Kathy Huff

Last edited:
Charges have been upgraded to involuntary manslaughter. Evan Millward tweeted:

#BREAKING: Kathy Huff's charges upgraded to involuntary manslaughter by grand jury; she OD'd with grandson in tub; baby later died. @WCPO

Why do people soak infants and small babies in baths when it literally takes 5 minutes to thoroughly wash a baby?

A grandmother who passed out from a heroin overdose while giving her infant grandson a bath admitted in court Wednesday that she caused the boy to drown in the tub.

Kathy Huff, 43, was sentenced to six years in prison in a plea deal. She pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and felony child endangerment.

Huff cried and bowed her head for most of the court session.

"I just want to say I'm sorry," she whispered when Judge Jerome Metz asked if she had anything to say.

Metz encouraged Huff to seek treatment, and her attorney said she would.

"Both she and her entire family want her to receive help," Huff's attorney, Charlie Rittgers, said. "Unfortunately, by the time they figured out she had a heroin addiction, it was too late. But she is ready and willing to go into a treatment facility."

Huff was sentenced to two years for theft and forgery in another case. She was convicted of stealing $2,000 from a client while she was a home health aide last year. She will serve her sentences concurrently.

Huff is not eligible for early release under the plea agreement.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/gran...tenced-for-causing-infant-to-drown-in-bathtub

Huff was sentenced to two years for theft and forgery in another case. She was convicted of stealing $2,000 from a client while she was a home health aide last year. She will serve her sentences concurrently.
Concurrently.
I hate that word. why fucking waste tax dollars to prosecute only to run concurrently.
This skank got off easy.
6 years total for murder of her own grand baby and theft of money for in home health care. you know damn well if someone needed home health assistance then they couldn't care for their self. what a fucking bitch.

Her family can forgive her and hope she gets help. I hold no hope for her.
I hope she dies in prison.

I believe this is grandma's FB, with lots pics of the little man. :(

Why do people soak infants and small babies in baths when it literally takes 5 minutes to thoroughly wash a baby?

I'd soak in the tub with my nephew when he was a wee bit, like so, especially when he was cranky. He loved it. I'd sing to him and make bubble beards on his face. Granted, I had all my faculties and never bathed him (sink tub or otherwise) when I was tired.

This shit here infuriated me! I deal with an immense amount of terrible pain and have very strong prescriptions to help deal with it BUT when I have any of my grandchildren at home with me I don't even take so much as a tylenol. My babies need me to be 100 percent aware and present! Yes, it makes for a long hard pain filled day but I will never have regrets. Trust me though, as soon as their papa gets home from work, nana is upstairs, in bed recovering. I do not want my grandchildren with strangers so I do what I do to keep them from any potential harm. I'm not trying to Saint myself, it is just that my own demons from my childhood experiences are stronger than any pain I may feel in the present.

I hate that word. why fucking waste tax dollars to prosecute only to run concurrently.

Your argument is a bit of a double edged sword lol. Costs tax dollars on keeping them in prison for twice as long also but I agree with you. If you're gonna spend it.. might as well spend it on keeping criminals in jail obv.

Maybe she gets sober and becomes a better person. Highly unlikely at that age but at least with drugs you can always hope for that no matter how unlikely it may be. But if that were to happen it would be a stiffer punishment than anything else at least. Good people feel the weight of their actions.

I can only hope that the poor baby gets that respect at least. Sadly the junkie will probably just use this experience as an excuse to get high now even though she was an addict before all of this.

I truly don't know how someone lives with something like this. How do you keep putting one foot in front of the other with the weight and enormity of what her choices wrought?

"Both she and her entire family want her to receive help," Huff's attorney, Charlie Rittgers, said. "Unfortunately, by the time they figured out she had a heroin addiction, it was too late. But she is ready and willing to go into a treatment facility."

How did none of her family members not clue into the fact that she was a heroin addict?

Last edited:
Here's a tip on bathing slippery babies from a coworker who had 5 children. She'd wear those cheap cotton knit gloves when bathing baby. No slipping.
9634_273x0.jpg

Back