• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
NEW YORK, NY
– Two baby sisters were scalded to death after a radiator busted inside the room where they were napping.

The tragic incident happened on Wednesday after the sisters, Ibanez, 2, and Scylee, 1, were put down for a nap by their father inside a New York homeless shelter.

When their mother returned home an hour later, she went in to check on the girls and made a horrifying discovery. It seems as if a valve on the radiator busted, filling the room with scalding hot steam, causing horrific burns to the girls’ faces and chests.

Witnesses say the girls’ parents, Danielle and Peter Ambrose, ran screaming into the street carrying their children. The girls were rushed to the hospital suffering burns to 70 percent of their bodies, but were unable to be saved.

I’ve been reading a handful of sites reporting on the parents’ history of drug addiction, homelessness and history with child welfare. While the articles themselves don’t blame the parents for their daughters’ horrific death, this info hasn’t stopped the people commenting on the articles from doing so.

Personally, I feel those details may be the root cause for the family living in a city owned homeless shelter with 60 code violations against it, but that this is nothing more than a tragic accident.

If anything, it highlights the state of the city’s homeless shelters. The owner of the building where this incident occurred, Moshe Piller, was named on the public advocate’s list of the city’s 100 worst landlords. Resident say they’ve been complaining about the radiators letting off too much heat.

“We are devastated by this tragedy,” said Department of Social Services Commissioner Steven Banks. “We are investigating and taking steps to immediately transfer the four other families being sheltered at this location to another shelter.”

Yesterday, the Bronx District Attorney’s Office said it is opening an investigation into Piller and the building.

Damielle and Peter Ambrose with their daughters, Ibanez and Scylee

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Looks like they have an older child as well. I hooe they are able to keep it together for their other child.
:(

Edit
Oh never mind. I read *baby sisters.
My mind processed *twins.

I hope they keep it together for their own well being.

Last edited:
As always too little, too late. Fix the problem after someone gets killed. Poor babies I can't imagine the pain they were in.

I don't understand why the father never heard these little angels screaming?? My guess is he wasn't sleeping on the couch but passed out. These "apartments" are tiny and he was in the next room on the couch, how did he not hear this? The walls in these building are literally like paper. When a radiator valve snaps and pressurized steam is released, it's loud! Like really loud! I can't imagine what that poor mom walked into.
No, their past history doesn't change the fact that two parents lost two babies in an horrific manner, but it does, naturally, make people question why they even had these two angels to begin with? The mom was just caught pan had long in the cold with both of them with her. I've read he has 4 other babies in another state that he doesn't care for and they have been state jumping for the last year due to Social Services. People who are really living on the straight path to recovery and doing everything in thier power to live clean and be productive, don't do this.
THe Hunts Point area, in the Bronx, is the cesspool of the planet, literally!! I HATED driving through on my way from Manhattan to the Bronx. Anyone who wants to know more about the area should look up the movie "the Bronx is burning" yes it takes place in the 70's and 80's but some areas in the Bronx and hunts point still look like war zones.
My ex is NYFD and he has worked hunts point for 18 years. I would try to get him to transfer daily, it was a constant battle and it scared me every time he walked out the door, but he wouldn't. Firemen love what they do and want to be in areas where there are fires and they can help people. Firemen are responsible for building inspections also and they do this daily. They would inspect these building in hunts point regularly, for all the good it would do. Nothing would change and they would just end up writing citations. The horrors he would come home with turned my stomach. Not only do the landlords, especially in this area, not care but the tenants are just as bad, if not worse! For the families that are good people and no money to get out, it's hard to watch.
The tenements are filled with drugs and the most deplorable conditions you can imagine. It literally is a war zone in regard to appearance, drugs pedofiles, fires, and trash everywhere. My heart goes out to the children who can't get out and end up falling down a path of destruction.

Last edited:
The parents might be irresponsible druggie shitheads, but this looks like a tragic accident. Yes, maybe they wouldn't have been in the shelter in the first place if not for the drugs or whatever, but they came to the shelter seeking a safe place to sleep, not to off their (rather unfortunately named, IMO) kids.

Some kids just have the deck stacked against them at birth, and it makes me cry and it's not fair. I hope that this horrible incident makes the parents wake up and want to better themselves and get sober so they can afford a safe place to live, but I'm not hopeful. :(

@Francyne32 have you seen this photographer's work? Focuses on Hunts Point and the addicts and prostitutes living there.

He apparently befriended a lot of these people over a period of several years, so they trusted him and allowed him very honest access to their lives.

The way he ended up able to document their lives paints a very bleak picture of what it's like living in that place.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/arnade/sets/72157627894114489/

@Francyne32 have you seen this photographer's work? Focuses on Hunts Point and the addicts and prostitutes living there.

He apparently befriended a lot of these people over a period of several years, so they trusted him and allowed him very honest access to their lives.

The way he ended up able to document their lives paints a very bleak picture of what it's like living in that place.

Last night I read the caption of EVERY SINGLE picture. Now I can't stop thinking about it.

Poor sweet angels. One can only pray that their agony was brief. Surely they must have cried out so why weren't their cries heard?

Hope the building owner is charged with something serious.
I frigging hate slumlords with a passion.
As for the two junkie parents.
Not much to say really.
They have shit lives that are self induced and 2 children died because of their parents crappy life choices.

Yes I have. He's pretty well known in the area. Thank you.:)

Taking pictures of naked junkies, then having sex with them...art, or exploitation?

Anyways, sounds like everyone in these kids life failed them. The parents DO deserve blame, no doubt about it. If i'm a homeless drug addicted piece of trash that refuses to do what's right by my kids, and i take them to a scary old cave for shelter and a rock slide kills them, guess what, I FUCKED UP and i put my kids in a dangerous environment that got em killed.

There's no difference here.

Back