• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jake88

SARCASTIC SLUT
Serious question. I was thinking that and did a quick a google and actually saw a bunch of articles come up basically stating that it is in fact a mental illness. As far as I know, it is. For example, in bi polar disorder(lol me-undiagnosed at that!) there is no CT scan or anything like that to detect it. That's why I haven't even bothered to go see a doctor because I read how long and difficult the diagnosis is to make. Who knows? With me being such a rapid cycler, I might be the quickest diagnosis in history lol but I digress.

It is incredibly not normal(typical? I'm not trying to offend) to feel like the opposite gender. I would never suggest that gay people are mentally ill but I do honestly believe that being transgender is a form of mental illness. I mean many of them appear to be mentally ill outside of being transgender. To my knowledge there is no type of scan or test that detects Transgender disorder very much like other forms of mental illness.

Anyway, the issue here and why I'm bringing it up is why do we encourage their mental illness? If I honestly believed that martians were out to get me or that Donald Trump was Jesus' reincarnation or Hillary Clinton was in fact a vampire that is really 1200 years old... NO ONE would encourage that thinking in pretty much any capacity much less encouraging and then celebrating me having my anatomy removed/changed whatever the case is... it's disturbing.

We have young transgender kids now because people we encourage their mental illness instead of actually trying to help them...

Interesting food for thought there. I think some transgender people say that denying them their gender identity gives them the other mental problems. Probably they are people with mental disorders who are also transgender, whether transgender is a mental disorder or not.
I think a better analogy would be those people who have body integrity identity disorder (BIID) where they feel like a limb does not belong to them. They feel incomplete or unnatural with the limb, also shame and confusion. It's usually the left leg, usually men. The person may pretend to be an amputee, which doesn't help because the limb is always there. In extreme cases, a few people have caused an accident requiring amputation. (This is completely different from people who get sexually aroused by thoughts of their own amputation, or are sexually attracted to amputees. It's not about sex. )
If there is a source in the brain for this BIID, researchers have not yet discovered it. It is completely real to the person who suffers from it, and there is no cure except amputation, but doctors won't do that.
Also, many transgender people may lead quiet lives and get surgery or not. But they don't attract attention to themselves, they find a satisfactory way to deal with it without advertising to everyone what they are doing. They prefer private lives. Then there is the type of transgender person with lots of media presence. They may be dedicated activists or just attention whores posing as activists. That does not represent all transgender people, just transgender people who like publicity. I think people confuse the attention whore types for typical trans people.

ETA : extreme example, like the self proclaimed transgender activist who screamed at and struck a police horse at a Trump rally in Kansas City, and was proud of it. I can't remember what gender that person claims to be, I do know that person is an asshole.

Last edited:
If you spend a lot of time worrying about people and their collective genitals?

I agree. Who gives a fuck about this? I mean, I would worry if I had a trans cousin or friend or something. But, not because I would think they are crazy, I would worry about their safety.

Being gay or trans does not make you any kind of danger to others, I am far more concerned about rapists and pedophiles.

Actually, as a mother of a transgender child, it USED to be viewed as a mental illness, but recent medical studies, Boston University for one, have shown that it is not a mental illness, it is in fact a medical condition. Much like how in the past, down syndrome children were institutionalized, as medical advancement goes on, we know better. I highly doubt that reassignment surgery would be covered by medical insurance (WA) if it were still considered such. And that is all I'm going to say on the matter.

I'm going to be honest, my first initial reaction to was post an angry rage filled response to this.

However, I decided against that.

I will say that being gay and open about it has certainly made me feel much better as a person. There was a time when I honestly didn't think I was normal and wasn't sure how to deal with that. I have known since before high school. I was in a school district where some of the kids actually parked their tractors in the school parking lot. Tiny community, every one knew every one.

My first initial thoughts were just to act "normal." Pretend I like guys, date them. Hating it. I didn't want to disappoint my family, and I certainly didn't want to deal with the kids either. As I got older, it became inherently clear to me that I couldn't live up to that charade much longer. First girlfriend I ever had made me feel like I had truly embraced myself. I still didn't come out to my family until my late 20's. My brother said to me, "it's about time you said it out loud." I guess they knew and just wanted me to feel comfortable with telling them when I wanted to. They have been super supportive of it. Which helps. A lot.

Not everyone gets that luxury. I have seen many a parent disown their kids for it. I have also come across several transgender people in my life. Meet a lot of them in gay bars. Which yes, I prefer. Because I can be myself and not have some random drunk dude come up to me and ask me why I don't like dicks....

The transgender people I do know, both male and female, just truly believe they weren't born who they were supposed to be. Normal people, with normal jobs. A few have gotten the surgery. You could tell they just felt more alive and free.

As with any sector of the population, there is mental illness. I think people find transgender as such, because they only hear about the negative. As with anything else. The stigma behind priests for instance. You rarely ever hear about the ones who are doing good for their community, or are just living their lives like every one else. Only the sick shit some of them have done, now puts that whole group of people in a bad light.

So yeah, there are trans people who do have mental illnesses of course. I don't think it has anything with them being trans, just them being human.

Last edited:
While some here vilify you for being curious, however, having had a boss that was rapid-cycle bi-polar, I find your question and random spark of interest to be entirely normal and not worthy of venom.
EXACTLY. It's good to ask questions. Especially of things where the issue is shackled to political correctness.

These fellows, who put on a dress, so that they can pretend to be lesbians, are, to be perfectly blunt...degenerates. All of these perverts should be deported to an island somewhere, and have their own country, like the Jews have. Pervert Island. It would be a strong Democratic Party constituency, of course.

These fellows, who put on a dress, so that they can pretend to be lesbians, are, to be perfectly blunt...degenerates. All of these perverts should be deported to an island somewhere, and have their own country, like the Jews have. Pervert Island. It would be a strong Democratic Party constituency, of course.
Some might say the same of you..just saying. Others may say you're afraid of being fooled..

Last edited:
Some might say the same of you..just saying. Others may say you're afraid of being fooled..

The only things that I am afraid of, are; giant birds, driving in parking lots, electric kitchen appliances, Mossad, the sound of someone knocking on a door, pancreatitis, knives, razor blades, broken glass, sting rays, helicopters, riding in compact cars, mirrors, cats, witches, Jews, body odour, public transportation, Carthaginians, amusement park rides, heights, widths, butter...

That is the dumbest shit you've written to date and you are the king of writing novels of dumb shit.

Really? Are you aware that with each passing generation(I think there's another word for it besides generation but similar concept) , mental illness is coming out earlier and earlier? Children as young as 4 are being looked at as being bi-polar now? Lol that's crazy to me, I don't think any kid that young should be considered to have a mental illness because of their behavior but it is what it is. Now I'm hearing about kids as young as 4 feeling transgender... that was unheard of not that long ago.

It's not stupid. That is why you are so mad, because logically I'm making sense right now and it's making your brain overheat. If I was spouting obvious delusion you would be laughing right now.

While some here vilify you for being curious, however, having had a boss that was rapid-cycle bi-polar, I find your question and random spark of interest to be entirely normal and not worthy of venom. My former boss, a surprisingly successful lawyer given his broad mood swings, went from heatedly discussing a criminal case, to almost sobbing with adoration about his devoted and perfectly healthy Black Lab to something he saw at Pottery Barn the day before in about 38 seconds, no joke. Working for that guy was never dull, but it was emotionally draining at times. <3

Lol I'm fine with being a villain. Doesn't everyone love a good villain? Maybe not lol. I might be the only person that's a fan of Neagan on the Walking Dead but I'm fairly caught up with the comics. Most recent episode might have shown a bit of what I'm talking about there. Lol c'mon BG! Don't be so damn selfish! I'm sure it was pretty emotionally draining for your boss too! It's not always about you BG lol!

A separate 2012 study found that 57% of transgender youth who did not have supportive parents attempted to commit suicide in the past year, while just 4% of transgender youth with “very supportive” parents did.

See? That's helpful! Thank you very much Mata. Those are some pretty strong numbers, I'd be willing to feed into mental illness if it had benefits like that; I didn't know exact numbers but I knew suicide was going to be brought up and I get it. I have compassion towards suicide. I understand what it's like to not want to be alive. To be in constant anguish, I know how badly that can take its toll.

However, the fact remains that many other forms of mental illness have very high rates of suicide... but we don't feed in to their delusions. We go ahead and smash their reality to pieces, which to me using common sense; could possibly push them to commit suicide.

If you spend a lot of time worrying about people and their collective genitals? The issue lies with you, not them.

My issue is encouraging mental illness. I could care less about genitals.

That said... I really wouldn't like a transgender person hitting on me... I will never accept them as the gender they identify with. Not knowing... I would be pretty fucking pissed to learn that after finding myself into someone I thought was born a female.

My daughters best friend since 4th grade is trans and I love him as my own. I see it in his eyes and I know with my whole heart that if he could have chosen to be different, he would have.

He actually said to me over the weekend - "I don't hate my body, I'd love my body if it belonged to someone else." In other words, he thinks he has a wonderful female body but it's not the body that his heart/mind belong in. He's one of the lucky ones, to be loved and accepted by his family, friends and school. I actually gave him his male name. Makes me rather teary, because I love him as if he came from my body and I don't want him ever to be afraid or attacked or ridiculed for just trying to be his authentic self.

That is way too young in my opinion. I'll leave it at that because like I previously mentioned- I'm not trying to offend.

I want to say I recall Jake standing firmly on the line for advocating for pedophiles. Am I imagining that? Because that would be hilarious.

Whoa. Advocating for pedophiles? Am I comprehending that correctly? I believe they should all be hung from the nearest tree... if that's the line you were referring to lol. Whoa, I hope I didn't interpret that correctly lol... it takes a lot to offend me but that would do it. In fairness, I'm sure there are "pedophiles" out there that have urges they don't act on. I feel genuine sympathy for them and even find them respectable- but I don't think they're a pedophile until they act on it. Once they cross that line, I have nothing but contempt for them.

The transgender people I do know, both male and female, just truly believe they weren't born who they were supposed to be. Normal people, with normal jobs. A few have gotten the surgery. You could tell they just felt more alive and free.

And yet schizophrenic people... truly believe their own delusions. They are still very much mentally ill.

In regards to the rest of your response... I don't know why you'd be so angry, why? Because you don't believe that it is a mental illness like I implied? I'm bi polar and do not suffer from any delusions. I am incredibly moody, and feel emotion more intensely than the rest-apparently that makes me mentally ill. I'm okay with that, I'm not mad or bitter about that assessment.

However, I don't think being gay is even close to being transgender. They are attracted to their own sex... and that is that. Plain and simple. However, to feel like you are the opposite sex... is a form of delusional thinking whether you like it or not. People say Global Warming is science... I agree. Scientifically, men are born with penises and women are born with vaginas. It really is as simple as that. There is no gray area there with the exception of hermaphrodites....

In conclusion, not a single response here has made me think that Transgender disorder is not a mental disorder. I see benefits to encouraging it... but it is still very much a mental illness to me and should probably be classified as such.

That said, If a sex change makes them happy and they are no longer living a tortured life- then maybe it isn't a mental illness after all. Treating mental illness is never a quick fix like that. Your welcome. I just had to offer the best logical explanation for it not being a mental illness. Again, I'd have to see numbers though... like I said before- many transgender people still appear very mentally ill outside of their gender whether it is separate mental illness or not, it's definitely a fair generalization.

Last edited:
And yet, people advocate for pedophiles! "They can't help it" and "they are born that way" which can be accepted but homosexuality? Transgender? Oh hell no. And before anyone equates them, pedophilia is absolutely 100% different because consent.
I want to say I recall Jake standing firmly on the line for advocating for pedophiles. Am I imagining that? Because that would be hilarious.

ETA I just read it in the total context and am sure I interpreted you correctly. Shut the fuck up. I don't care what your opinion is of me and how you share it... but to say out in the open that you recall me advocating for pedophiles is unacceptable. Lol the funny thing about your post dummy is that you were implying that I'd be hypocritical... Lol look at your stance! Exactly what you thought would be funny- but in reverse! Understanding Trans people but wanting to crucify every pedophile for being "born that way" lmao! My two stances are consistent. Yours aren't. Don't argue with me because you'll wind up looking dumb... Oh and I'm quoting the full comment so its right there on display.

I get the consent thing, but you're against researching about pedophiles and trying to help them in any way shape or form... which I agree with. That said, you are still being a hypocrite when you refuse to hear "they can't help it" or "they were born that way" when you're using that same argument when it serves you better...

Oh God, suck a giant bag of dicks you twisted little creep. Are we doing this now? Morbid? Subrosa? Are we letting this little shit just post inflammatory idiocy so he can use the flame war that will ensue to jack off his tiny troll dick?

My computer restarted and I guess I lost some of my response lol as if it wasn't long enough. Anyway I'll be brief(for me lol) what makes me twisted? Asking a legitimate question?

And crying for Morbid and Subrosa? Why shouldn't it be allowed? Because it offends the PC police? They still let you comment... be thankful!
Also not election related but this is why you and some of your fellow american friends act like whiny little brats at toysrus when you don't get your way. You don't know how to deal with things that upset you so you just want to censor it. The pussification of America at its finest folks!

Yes, you are 100% trying to offend. And I am 100% trying to offend you in kind. Why not go hate on shit that makes you uncomfortable (or horny) on reddit or some other gross corner of the internet where trolls congregate?

I do believe I find you way more distasteful than any other person on the entirety of DD and that is like not an easy feat.

Tell me, what the fuck do you care what strangers do with their junk? Should we care what perverted shit you do with yours?

No I'm not trying to offend, I just didn't care if I did. There is a difference.

You find me the most distasteful? That's rich coming from somebody that became giddy like a school girl over an incestuous unregistered sex offender paying her compliments daily. Even went down with the ship for him if I recall... LOL!

And yeah the genital thing again.. I don't care about it. That was not my focus... If that was my focus... the title would have read "Why do we let transsexuals receive sex changes?" right? Using commons sense isn't in your repertoire though. Surprisingly the crazy guy has more logic and reasoning than you... that's bad.

@Jake88 I have a serious question for you.

How do you feel about gender stereotypes? Meaning in the simplest terms, girls liking pink and dolls and boys liking blue and trucks. Girls supposed to be in dresses and boys in jeans. That type of thing.

I ask because I was actually thinking about the mental aspect of wanting to become the opposite sex. I'll use myself as an example as I don't want to speak for anyone else. I don't like pink, I never played with dolls. My mom told me I would scream like a banshee even as a baby, if she even attempted to put a dress on me. I played rough with the boys, had a four wheeler, always wore jeans, very rarely wear makeup (usually only when I have to, like my sister's wedding, she insisted on it). That type of stuff.

Now I've never wanted to actually be a boy. The thought has never crossed my mind. But let's suppose that I did. Would it be because I was predisposed already to that line of thinking, even as a baby? With no provocation. I knew what I liked and wanted even as a small child. Are brains are hard wired to be believe certain things? So would it be fair to assume that a small boy, that say likes pink and playing with barbies and prefers to wear dresses could conceivably believe that he was a girl? That he had the brain of a girl. Which I wouldn't classify as an illness, but just how they are born.

I promise you, I'm not arguing with you. I genuinely would like to know what think about that.

Last edited:
My mom told me I would scream like a banshee even as a baby, if she even attempted to put a dress on me.

That could just be comfort related at that age.

I played rough with the boys, had a four wheeler, always wore jeans, very rarely wear makeup (usually only when I have to, like my sister's wedding, she insisted on it). That type of stuff.

I don't know how to feel about that because I don't see anything delusional about it. My son is two and I haven't cut his hair yet... It's long blonde and curly. Strangers think he's a girl all of the time... I don't care. It only bothers me when they give me the girls toy with his happy meal when I forget to specify lol... it's an inconvenience. If I had a problem with gender stereotypes his hair would be cut already. I'm going to cut it soon because its starting to look awkward now... hair in his eyes lol but I have no problem with his hair being longer than most boys his age...

That said he is also a stereotypical boy. Loves hotwheels more than anything. Got him a giant hotwheels parking garage for christmas lol and it's killing me not to give it to him but I digress. He loves any kind of car, real or toy. He makes scary monster sounds all of the time. He likes to rough house. Loves playing sports already lol even though its more a disorganized mess but we have fun doing it.

Now I've never wanted to actually be a boy. The thought has never crossed my mind. But let's suppose that I did. Would it because I was predisposed already to that line of thinking, even as a baby? With no provocation. I knew what I liked and wanted even as a small child. Are brains are hard wired to be believe certain things? So would it be fair to assume that a small boy, that say likes pink and playing with barbies and prefers to wear dresses could conceivably believe that he was a girl? That he had the brain of a girl. Which I wouldn't classify as an illness, but just how they are born.
I promise you, I'm not arguing with you. I genuinely would like to know what think about that.

No I'd believe you were born that way. Genetic factors... I don't know, I'm obviously in over my head on this. Many mental illnesses have to do with genetic factors. Some people are born with genetic make ups that are at risk to certain mental illness. That said... they can live their entire lives without ever getting the illness... they are just at risk. That's where environmental factors start to come into play. Certain environments are not good for people that are at risk genetically.

So by that logic, I suppose being predisposed to that line of thinking and playing with trucks could lead to developing a gender disorder if you were at risk to it genetically. I am talking out my ass right now though... I don't know enough about transgender people and what their genetic make up could be like and if there are the same similarities/differences from the rest. I don't know what I'm talking about though with transgender disorder... I'm purely speculating. Which is why I genuinely asked what I did.
[doublepost=1481236875,1481236464][/doublepost]

Awwww Pete! Your daughter is adorable!

@Jake88 : good questions. What makes me "me"? What defines our gender and why some respond different at the same stimulus? There must be something at the molecular level in our brain that triggers our identity and our conduct. Can social environment trigger mental illness? Some, yes, like PTSD in war zones, but how about bipolar disorder? or gender identity? Any ideas?

Ok I guess I have to say a bit more on this, from my personal experience is all I can speak on, but we knew something was up with my child from a very young age, 3 I believe. My child was born female, identifies as male now. I knew nothing of transgender, we just assumed she was a tomboy, much like I was, so we let her be her. Imagine if you will what it would be like to grow up in a gender specific world, lining up boy/girl in school, just everything and not understanding why you feel the way you do. This is what causes the depression, hating your body, etc..we fortunately just let her be her, she wouldn't wear girl clothes and of course not being educated, the kids in school found her weird, causing more depression. Tyler 1st thought he was a gay female and we supported that, then he realized he was transgender at about 17. Which is something you can't tell them, they have to feel it in their soul. Once he disclosed that, we supported that too. It's not like we didn't know something was up. I will say we noticed Tyler seemed to have more testosterone than the average girl child (single black hair we'd pluck at age 2 or 3 on his nose ) but even with full support, it's very hard on a person, nobody would choose this, especially when you think about how much fitting in and being "normal" is to someone in the teen and early 20s years. My son fights every day trying to be happy with his cross he has to bear. Personally, I feel like I was gifted this child because I could handle it and my child was born this way because he was meant to change the world and I will stand by his side and love him every step of the way, because when I told my kids, they could do or be anything they wanted, I meant it. I don't find the questions offensive, in fact I appreciate it, because an informed world is an accepting world, where my son doesn't have to feel like an alien. Thank all of you for listening and being supportive.

Last edited:
Well...if you have a penis, and male DNA, you are a male. The end.

And to think that would have taken me 5000 words. Thank you.
[doublepost=1481240067,1481239459][/doublepost]
but how about bipolar disorder? or gender identity? Any ideas?

I know bipolar disorder they think it is genetics with environmental factors coming into play. Like I explained above. Some people can be at risk genetically.. and not ever become bipolar. Others are practically born bipolar. It is most genetics with environmental factors playing a big part in the course of illness. A disruptive home environment that is full of conflict and such can lead to a very destructive and/or deadly course of illness. They believe that a supportive stable family can keep somebody at risk from ever becoming bipolar or having a lesser case of bipolar disorder(harder to detect and diagnose).

Just like Mata pointed out the disproportionate suicide numbers in transgender people coming from a supportive vs non supportive family. It really seems like mental illness to me the more I consider it.

Well...if you have a penis, and male DNA, you are a male. The end.
This kind of statement mystifies me, when we know of medical anomalies such as hermaphrodites. These are real medical issues and when I see statements like this all I can think is how ignorant. When we know that people are born this way, how hard is it really to accept transgender? The human body is an amazing mystery and to not acknowledge that just screams ignorance.

Food for thought... is the suicide rate higher in transgender people than in gay people? I think suicide is a sign of mental illness in almost every case. Some commit suicide selfishly... don't want to be tortured for the heinous shit they have done. Then there are the ones that are looking at the death penalty and they are fighting for their sorry ass lives rather than just taking the death penalty lol.

Suicide is almost always a sign of mental illness. Even in the children being bullied. Many many more are bullied that don't commit suicide...
[doublepost=1481240524,1481240444][/doublepost]
This kind of statement mystifies me, when we know of medical anomalies such as hermaphrodites. These are real medical issues and when I see statements like this all I can think is how ignorant. When we know that people are born this way, how hard is it really to accept transgender? The human body is an amazing mystery and to not acknowledge that just screams ignorance.

I understand and am compassionate about your feelings and why that offends you but scientifically he is 100 percent accurate.

Food for thought... is the suicide rate higher in transgender people than in gay people? I think suicide is a sign of mental illness in almost every case. Some commit suicide selfishly... don't want to be tortured for the heinous shit they have done. Then there are the ones that are looking at the death penalty and they are fighting for their sorry ass lives rather than just taking the death penalty lol.

Suicide is almost always a sign of mental illness. Even in the children being bullied. Many many more are bullied that don't commit suicide...

I understand and am compassionate about your feelings and why that offends you but scientifically he is 100 percent accurate.
If suicide is a mental illness, then it's one we all have because IDK 1 person who hasn't thought about it at least once. I think sometimes it can be a sign of exhaustion.
[doublepost=1481240778][/doublepost]

It doesn't offend me, it just seems ridiculous because there is so much we don't know, it's a very black & white answer in a very gray subject and considering even medical science doesn't look at it that way, it's very close minded from someone who seems afraid of the unknown.

Last edited:

Most of these "trans-gendered" individuals are not hermaphrodites. They are delusional malcontents, who refuse to accept the gender with which they were born.

Most of these "trans-gendered" individuals are not hermaphrodite. They are delusional malcontents, who refuse to accept the gender with which they were born.
Members of the medical community have proven you 100% incorrect and for you to ignore that, well in my opinion makes about as much sense as you stating that the sky is green. You are just wrong and not acknowledging reality actually IS a mental illness.

Last edited:
Members of the medical community have proven you 100% incorrect and for you to ignore that, well in my opinion makes about as much sense as you stating that the sky is green. You are just wrong and not acknowledging reality is a mental illness.

Members of the "medical community," are no less influenced and pressured by the wave of ridiculous political correctness, than are any other professionals. These "trans-gendered" persons, are as mentally ill as some lunatic running about thinking he is Napoleon.

600full-napoleon-bunny--part-screenshot.jpg

Well darlin, believe what you want and scream it from the mountain tops, you're still wrong and I will deal with you as I would with any person who refuses to deal with reality, with pity. Maybe a nice long ride on your unicorn would help?

If suicide is a mental illness, then it's one we all have because IDK 1 person who hasn't thought about it at least once. I think sometimes it can be a sign of exhaustion.

I meant the act of suicide. Suicidal thoughts themselves can be normal, can also be a sign of mental illness though. The rational mind realizes that it is not the right decision and/or realize how many they will be hurting where as the ill mind thinks they are making the right decision and follows through.

You are just wrong and not acknowledging reality actually IS a mental illness.

Hypocritical? The reality is that they were born male or female. Not acknowledging/accepting that reality would be a mental illness in your own words...
[doublepost=1481243602,1481243343][/doublepost]
Members of the "medical community," are no less influenced and pressured by the wave of ridiculous political correctness, than are any other professionals.

Hence the change in "classification" somebody mentioned. Sellouts succumbed to the PC wave. Not I...

Last edited:
Well darlin, believe what you want and scream it from the mountain tops, you're still wrong and I will deal with you as I would with any person who refuses to deal with reality, with pity. Maybe a nice long ride on your unicorn would help?

You think it is acceptable for a grown man to put on a dress and pretend he is a lesbian, so he can ogle women in a locker room...and you equate me with unicorns?

tumblr_mfoa91aanl1qzr8nao1_500.gif

Back