• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A woman has won a legal battle to remove her late partner's testicles from his dead body in the hope of using his sperm to have a child.

The Toowoomba woman was granted permission to remove his testicles in the Queensland Supreme Court.

The woman lodged an urgent application to perform the procedure the day after her fiance died unexpectedly in April, the ABC reported.

Several of the couple's friends presented evidence in court supporting their desire to have a child together.

The two met in September last year, became engaged a month later and were planning to get married in late 2016.

At the time of her fiance's death the pair were already trying for a child.

Justice Martin Burns granted the request to remove the testicles but said another application must be made before the sperm was used.

He said this would give the woman the chance to think about whether she really wanted to go through with her pregnancy.

In the meantime, the man's testicles will be stored at an IVF facility.
[…]
Lawyers representing the deceased man did not oppose the application.
LINK

Fucking gross...like move on lady. Get a fucking shrink...grieve...and meet

someone new...have kids with him. Fucking weirdo...I hope if she goes through with this

her kid comes out ugly...like Celine Dion's goofy looking frozen babies.
I agreed with you up til the baby comment.

The technology of IVF is a fucking miracle of modern medicine and every bit as natural as curing cancer or sawing off your tit when it has a lump.

I don't agree with this. This is an ultimately, purely selfish desire on her behalf.

This child, if she has one, will never, ever be able to know its father. There are other kids in the same boat, around the world of course, but denying the child a chance to know its Dad, because Dad passed away, well before the child was even conceived, seems ghoulish.

IVF is an amazing scientific accomplishment. But its there to help couples conceive due to a variety of fertility issues. I don't think its morally or ethically appropriate to essentially replace one parent.

This couple may well have planned a family - and told their friends. But sadly, he died unexpectedly. Ultimately, he is unable to make a clear, conscious and sound decision today, over whether his body is utilized in order to create a life. Ergo, he has not given his consent.

I really feel empathy for this woman, but I don't agree with this, at all.

I think it's a sweet thing.
[doublepost=1464537362,1464537289][/doublepost]I guess I feel that way because my husband and I are so close.

Well if i were dead I would not care unless I already had kiddies running around because this would muck up estates and inheritances I should think.
Even though these ones came after the fact.

One thing though, why take the testicles, why not just extract some swimmers.
I have visions of his berries in a jar and the kid calling them JarDad as they sit in the fridge or on a curio shelf

long as the intention to have kids or at least to stay with the woman can be corroberated, i say go for it! as a widow whose lover died very shortly before the wedding, ive thought about getting the marriage made legal anyway but it was quite a while after he died and i had no clue if such a thing can be done in my state and still dont.
its been 11 years in january. i wonder if i could still get some of his ashes mixed with tattoo ink to finish my backpiece of him. i love him and we love eachother so much that when we would go to sleep we would say gn baby love you see you in my dreams.
im sorry if you guys havent felt love like that but when someone you love that much dies, i guess you could say its natural to claw at any...tangibleness of that love. any shred of hope that your love will transcend even death. which i guess is why i can type that my gabey died but still refer to us in present tense bc i know we are not truly separated, not for long anyway. hope this is making sense...

long as the intention to have kids or at least to stay with the woman can be corroberated, i say go for it! as a widow whose lover died very shortly before the wedding, ive thought about getting the marriage made legal anyway but it was quite a while after he died and i had no clue if such a thing can be done in my state and still dont.
its been 11 years in january. i wonder if i could still get some of his ashes mixed with tattoo ink to finish my backpiece of him. i love him and we love eachother so much that when we would go to sleep we would say gn baby love you see you in my dreams.
im sorry if you guys havent felt love like that but when someone you love that much dies, i guess you could say its natural to claw at any...tangibleness of that love. any shred of hope that your love will transcend even death. which i guess is why i can type that my gabey died but still refer to us in present tense bc i know we are not truly separated, not for long anyway. hope this is making sense...

My good friend/roommate lost the love of his life in April. Gay couple, together over 8 years. They wanted to get married, but by the time it was legalized in FL where we live, his partner was declining in health rapidly (terminal cancer, he fought hard over 6 years).

My friend went on a trip a couple of months ago, and spread some of his love's ashes across Norway and Iceland, in the most beautiful places he found in his travels. He also got 2 tattoos on that trip, representing cities he visited, and had his partner's ashes mixed in with both.

So I say, go for it. When you love someone so deeply, they become a part of you anyway. He would have carried his memory on throughout the rest of his life regardless. I think having the person he loved so completely be a part of him now forever, in a more literal sense, has been a comfort to him.

Also... I'm sorry for your loss. I've talked to my friend at length about all this (I was extremely close to them both, we all lived together at one point), and I've seen how devastating it was for him to lose the love of his life. But at the same time, he was so grateful to have had the time they did get together, because he knows how few people find a true love like theirs in a lifetime. <3

someone new...have kids with him. Fucking weirdo...I hope if she goes through with this

Lol I can't believe people only crapped and disagreed with that sentiment... did they not read the article? They met a month before getting engaged... I don't understand the exact time frame, but it appears that they did not even know each other a year... that to me isn't true love. From somebody that knows a thing or two about poor impulse control... that was poor impulse control. Now she is trying to take the dead mans testicles!!!??? Get those impulses in check lady! I find this fucking weird... probably because they weren't even together long enough to leave the honeymoon phase... He probably hadn't even started farting in their bed yet....

That's terrible, sorry to hear that... the fact that you even thought about making it legal means he made the right choice. I think this is a bit different than that though... and by a bit I mean a lot. Your story invoked many different feelings/emotions for me but absolutely none of them were along the lines of creeping me out...

I want to hear her saying this to herself outloud.. It might wake her up and she will come back to planet earth.. Or she can always tell a shrink that well
we really loved eachother.. Wanted a baby together!! But he died and i had his nuts taken off and used my late husbands sperm!

That make her sound like a whack job! How can they grant her that without his consent?
If they do use his sperm her babies will probably turn out to be baby zombies!! Omg or worst! Crazy baby zombies!!!

But he died and i had his nuts taken off and used my late husbands sperm!

Damaged ... sick ... not healthy, not living in the present.

Omg or worst! Crazy baby zombies!!!

That's exactly what they will be ... looking forever for someone with brains.

*** I feel for any children may become of this ... may they have the strength and endurance to live up to what I can presume will be their mother's expectation that they be EXACTLY like their father. Look like him, act like him, talk like him, make the decisions that she knows (HARK) he would have made.

Back