• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I mean... She went through all the months sans killing, why now?

Also, just a random thought: did you ever notice that when it comes to a child's biological parents, it seems like their fathers most often LEAVE THE FAMILY (as opposed to murder it) when shit's bad. Mothers don't leave. They either KILL their children (& sometimes themselves) OR they, in a nutshell, let their significant dick do it. Of course, I don't have the data to back up that casual observation, but if there's actual science behind that either way, someone, please let me know! Also, I'm very curious what is in a person's brain that tells the person to kill vs leave... :bored: (this is the weird shit I think about.)

A mark on the back of the child’s neck that indicated someone had used a device to tighten the string of lights, the paper reported, citing an arrest report.
She was playing for keeps. she wanted that baby dead.

Also, just a random thought: did you ever notice that when it comes to a child's biological parents, it seems like their fathers most often LEAVE THE FAMILY (as opposed to murder it) when shit's bad. Mothers don't leave. They either KILL their children (& sometimes themselves) OR they, in a nutshell, let their significant dick do it. Of course, I don't have the data to back up that casual observation, but if there's actual science behind that either way, someone, please let me know! Also, I'm very curious what is in a person's brain that tells the person to kill vs leave... (this is the weird shit I think about.)

Women care about their children more than men in general. Most of them probably think they are doing their children a favor in their fucked up head at the time; where as the men just leave selfishly not giving a shit either way, just wanting a better life for themselves. Other women do it out of spite to the father probably. That would be divorce related I assume. Don't want me? Can't have our kids either.

Wow. I'll have to pat myself on the back for that one. It was rather lucid, and I even tackled it with a serious tone while analyzing the psychology behind crime. I finally contributed something meaningful to the forum after 1,181 posts. I don't even think I slipped a joke in there anywhere.

zfz7Kcr.jpg

MKrQHsU.png

Mom's FB. Also, she's got a few defenders out there.

UhX27WI.png

X0Lbapm.png

CqudhR8.png

The gofundme has been pulled already, or taken down. What a baffling justification, that she "lost" her, like one loses a shoe. Oops, there she goes. As though a two year old has the manual strength to not only strangle another baby, but to use a device in which to tighten the cord with.

"Lost suddenly" my ass.

She f'ing GARROTTED that little tiny girl. She didn't even just strangle her. What in hell, I mean there has to be some real rage or hate there. Mom's a killer, dad's in jail, sister's dead, hope the brother winds up in a decent home now and never finds out his incubator tried to pin it on him.

I'm not seeing the posts above on her FB page. Wonder if they have been removed. What precious pics of the baby girl. I agree I hope the brother never learns he was blamed for this.

So if you want me to believe that mama didn't do this, I'm only left with 2 other suspects, the 2yo brother, who is not physically strong enough or mentally cognitive enough to have done it, or she committed suicide. So you see the problem here.

She did it, but why, oh, why kill a little kid, so you can't care for her, give up your rights, I'm sure someone in your family would have helped you, then go clubbing, drugging, stripping and whatever else floats your boat. Just leave the babies in peace.

It would have taken four to six minutes to strangle the child with the decorations, she estimated.

quote from @mybum62's link.

No 2 yo has the attention span let alone the strength to do what she's accusing him of.

Just a few weeks ago I packed up strings of pumpkin lights with the rest of my Halloween decorations. After reading this I will never see them as the fun, seasonal items that might amuse a child again.

WTF happened that a mothers gaze when falling on the pumpkin string went to the dark side and the thought, "Aha, those will do nicely to garrote my little baby girl" entered her head?

Were drugs responsible for the twisted thinking that she could blame this gruesome garroting on a 2 year old toddler who had neither the dexterity or the strength to manage it? A 2 year old toddler that according to her she overheard making an apology to his sister.

The events the mother said took place that were contrary to what detectives observed at the scene is just whacked.

Last edited:
I'm just speculating here...but I think what might of happened is this...cops were called at 10 pm. I'm guessing mom fell asleep while kids were on their own supposedly watching tv. I think the baby girl got into the Halloween decorations that were probably taken down but not stored away...made a mess and when the mom was woken up being hit in the face/head with pumpkin lights by the baby...she lost it...grabbed them and strangled Mia to death. Just a guess of course.

@MissGuggle

Women actually change after having a baby. We go through some pretty incredible neurological changes. They're permanent and depending on the woman in question, the flipped approach can sometimes be seen as a stupefying difference.

Its why women become so focused on the child, sometimes at the expense of their husband - at least as far as some husband's see it. Our brains quite literally, make us focus on our babies in a way that leaves the father's in the dust. Men too, will produce more oxytocin in order to love their child and bond with their child, but they simply do not undergo the incredible changes that our bodies and brains do.

This article in The Atlantic explains it fairly well:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...omans-brain-when-she-becomes-a-mother/384179/

As for women like this murderous skank, my guess is, despite her altered neurological state from becoming a Mum which should mean that she would do the exact opposite of what she actually did, the other factors in her life and respective nature took centre stage. Meaning, if she's vindictive, cruel or plain evil in her nature, or if she's a drug addict etc - those driver's clearly won out over the signals coming from her brain telling her to protect her baby.

As for parents who slaughter their offspring, this article speaks to a psychiatrist, Dr Philip Resnick from Case Western Reserve University who has data to back up the idea that mother's and father's commit filicide, do so at equal rates.

www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2015/05/why_do_parents_kill_their_chil.HTML

Although I too, did think it seemed disproportionate and that father's abandoned while mother's murderered. Our perception there is most likely based off the fact that the media makes a song a dance when a mother kills her child, probably based on the notion that mother's are supposed to be fiercely protective etc.

I guess, based on the information provided here by the media, this woman is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. As @Benighted pointed out. She GAROTTED her baby. That's such a horrifying concept to wrap your head around. Who does this???

And its even worse that she tried to setup her little baby boy to take the blame for it. She is missing so many basic elements that make up a good and kind human being. She is, a truly stupefyingly evil individual.

I too, hope the little boy never finds out. But its a fool's dream. He'll Google his Mum one day, probably as a teenager and he'll see the media articles and websites like DD with our comments. The poor, poor kid. He doesn't deserve this. I hope he is raised by a loving family and has a happy and successful life - as far away from his deadbeat dad and his incredibly monstrous mother. No child deserves an upbringing and family like that.

I briefly reconsidered my opinion based on the fact the child was supposedly found dangling with her feet off the floor in a crouching position and wondered if it could have been an accident but then how would the mark be on the BACK of her neck. Also the shower evidence is pretty damning.

She was indicted for murder one.

Florida mom, 27, is indicted on charge of murdering her one-year-old daughter using a string of Halloween lights and blaming it on her son, aged just two
  • Kristen DePasquale, 27, was indicted Wednesday on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse after death of Mia Rice, one
  • Baby Mia was found unresponsive in her family's home in Oviedo, Florida on November 10, with strand of pumpkin lights tied around her neck
  • DePasquale told police she went to take a shower, leaving Mia with her two-year-old brother in front of the TV
  • She said her son apologized for hurting his sister, but the medical examiner found the toddler did not have the strength to strangle the infant
  • Coroner estimated it took 4-6 minutes to strangle the baby girl
  • Police pointed to alleged inconsistencies in DePasquale's story, including the fact her shower was dry, her feet were dirty and she had makeup on
  • She will plead guilty or not guilty in January

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3991584/Mom-Baby-Mia-Kristen-DePasquale-indicted-little-girl-s-death-Florida-cops-allege-tried-blame-strangling-murder-son.html

@cubby @Buffettgirl @Keepalowprofile @mybum62
Sep 24, 2018

A Seminole County woman accused of strangling her infant daughter with holiday lights and blaming her 2-year-old son is trying to get her case thrown out.

Lawyers for the mother claim the case has crumbled so badly, prosecutors should be stopped from going forward.

Their claim hinges on the fact that the medical examiner said the baby’s death was an accident.

The defense argues there's no way to convict Kristen DePasquale of murder if no one's willing to classify her daughter's death as a homicide.

A letter from the Brevard County Medical Examiner claims that a toddler has the strength to strangle an infant and cause a loss of consciousness in 10 to 20 seconds.
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/wom...with-lights-may-get-case-thrown-out/840724962

Wow. The whole case comes down to what the medical examiner said... and now you have two medical examiners with two opposite opinions.

If she did it, she might be about to get away with murder. If she didn't do it, thank goodness for the second medical examiner.

Looking at the photos of the baby, she looks very healthy and well cared for, and the house is clean, well stocked, and even decorated for the holiday. That isn't really the type of mom / family environment we usually see in child murders. Not that it makes it impossible, it clearly doesn't, but it is a factoid to consider.

I hope the mystery will be solved.

A woman indicted on a first-degree murder charge in the strangulation death of her 1-year-old daughter will serve 10 years on probation after pleading no contest to a lesser count.

Prosecutors insisted Kristen DePasquale strangled her daughter with a string of decorative Halloween lights, but could not prove it.

DePasquale was offered a reduced charge of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm. She plead no contest.

DePasquale's infant daughter died with her neck wrapped in decorative Halloween lights in 2016.

Her lawyers said she lied to police about being in the shower when it happened. Instead, they said, DePasquale was asleep.

A police report said a device was used to tighten the light string around the child's neck with "extreme force."

A medical examiner ruled it could not have been an accident, but later changed her mind.A second medical examiner found that it could indeed have been accidental.

DePasquale was sentenced to 10 years' probation, but can apply in five years to have the probation terminated early.
1623797911671.jpeg

Tallest single rail roller coaster?
Mixed up link perhaps?
----------------------
If the child's entanglement and strangulation was accidental why would the mom lie about showering and why would she try to pin it on the 2-year-old? Neither of those things make sense. Why not just say I woke up and the baby was entangled.

For that reason I have to say she is likely guilty.

Last edited:
Back