• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2e4b0k4.jpg

Peter Kema Sr. and Jaylin Kema​
Nov 15 2014
The 1997 disappearance of 6-year-old Peter "Peter Boy" Kema, Jr., is one of Hawaii's most notorious, unsolved crimes. Peter Boy disappeared on the Big Island 17 years ago.
[...]
case was classified as a homicide in 2000 and has remained open since.
[....]
police claim they have uncovered promising, though unspecified, new evidence.

“The police are actively investigating and we’re still following leads," Hawaii County Prosecutor Mitch Roth told
[...]
"There is some new information, but I cannot tell you what that stuff is."

Peter Boy's parents, Peter Kema Sr. and Jaylin Kema, are the only suspects in the case and were known to be physically abusive. His parents told police that the last time saw their son was when they dropped Peter Boy off on Oahu in August 1997 with a family friend, "Auntie Rose Makuakane." Police have yet to find evidence of her existence.

Documents released in 2005 detailed the abuse that Peter Boy and his siblings were subjected to, including fractured ribs on Peter Boy when he was less than four months old. According to his older brother, Peter Boy received the brunt of the abuse. "I couldn't tell you why. It was just the way it was,
[...]
younger sister said that their parents would often put Peter Boy in the trunk of the family car when they went out in public. “Our dad said he was being punished for doing something bad,”
[...]
“We'd go to the beach, and he'd be in the trunk; we'd go to the store, and he'd be in the trunk."

Peter Boy and his siblings were placed in temporary foster care in 1991, after doctors discovered his injuries. They weren't returned to their parents until 1994.
[...]
disappeared in 1997. A year later, during a psychological evaluation, one of Peter Boy's sisters said that she had seen the boy's lifeless body in a box in her parents' closet.
[...]
state removed the children from the home after Peter Boy's disappearance. Peter Boy's step-siblings went to live with their father, William Collier, while his sister went to live with grandparents. Peter Boy's grandfather, James Acol, still has hope that his grandson may be alive. "Until proven otherwise, he's around,"
[...]
"Unless somebody can show me evidence where he's truly dead."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/15/peter-boy-kema-murder_n_6161914.html?utm_hp_ref=crime
2eaj7yw.jpg

'Peter Boy' Kema
2z7rhnb.jpg
Nov 14 2014
[...]
the question that has haunted Hawaii Island for years: Where is Peter Boy Kema Jr.?

"I wish I knew. I wish I knew, I don't,” says Allan Acol, Peter Boy's older brother.
[...]
6-year old Hilo boy was murdered in 1997.
[...]
Peter Kema, Senior and Jaylin Kema, have always been the only suspects.

Thousands of pages of
[..]
files show a pattern of abuse that Peter Boy and his siblings suffered at the hands of their parents. The state took away the kids at one point, but returned them to the Kemas. And Acol says the abuse resumed.

“I know Peter has something to do with it,”
[...]
of his step-father, “My mom, probably knows something, in fact, I guarantee she knows something."
[...]
year after Peter Boy went missing, the couple called a press conference and told a tale of what happened to their son. Peter Kema says he flew to Oahu and gave his son to an auntie. But no one believed that story and there were no plane tickets to prove it.
[...]
the parents were never arrested and the case stalled.
[...]
police continued to revisit the case and earlier this year, Prosecuting Attorney Mitch Roth assigned a Deputy Prosecutor to take another look too and the combination appears to be paying off.

“The police are out there, they're reinvestigating, there are some new leads that are coming out,”
[...]
He would not detail the new leads but says they are promising.

“I'm very excited about it. It's been a long time,”
[..]
“We're tying up some loose ends,” says Lieutenant Gregory Esteban of the Hawaii Police Department's Criminal Investigation Section, ”We're working closely with the prosecutor's office, we're exchanging communication… there were additional follow-ups that were recently completed."

Allan Acol is happy that investigators didn't give up on the case.

“I want something to be done about it,”
[...]
“Try… Just try."

Even if his parents are never arrested, Acol says he will be satisfied knowing that his playful little brother, was not forgotten.
Timeline up until 2005
Aug. 15 and Aug. 16, 1998:
[...]
U.S. Department of Justice child interviews Peter Boy's siblings and finds that "the children witnessed violent events that created a level of fear that they did not feel safe to disclose while they were in contact with both their biological mother and their step/biological father."

» Dec. 17, 1998:
[...]

report says that the children, now removed from the Kema home, described sexual abuse at an undisclosed time, by Peter Sr. and Jaylin and another man.

» March 1999: Police submit case to prosecutor for review.

»Jan. 31- Feb. 2, 2001: Detectives and U.S. Army personnel who help identify the remains of missing military personnel dig up the back yard of residence in Keaau, where Peter Kema Sr. lived
[...]
» April 30, 2005: Lillian Koller, head of the Department of Human Services, releases 23 pages of
[...]
documents.
» May 31, 2005:
[....]
2,000 pages of previously secret documents in the Peter Boy case are made public.

» June 1, 2005: Big Island prosecutors review the Peter Boy case, something they have done periodically since 1999.
http://archives.starbulletin.com/2005/06/01/news/story3a.html

there were no plane tickets to prove it.

I found another article that I had to open in a cache saying they found three tickets in August.

[...]At the hearing, Jaylin Kema also told the judge she had not been to O'ahu since 1976. A few weeks later, though, on April 21, 1998, authorities discussed the plane ticket from Honolulu to Hilo with her name on it.

"The plane ticket shows there were three people who went from Honolulu to Hilo on August 1997 ... Peter Sr., Jaylin and a third person, unnamed at this time," according to a progress report filed after the meeting.[...]

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...com/article/2005/Jun/27/ln/ln05p.html&strip=1

I still think that the stepdad and mother did something evil, though. The surviving children detailed countless incidences of abuse. :(

Peter "Peter Boy" Kema, Jr.
I know in the grand scheme of what has happened to these children, this isn't really significant but it Always hurts me worse to read that the child abused and/or murdered is named after the "father". I grew up in a family where that is an honor and to read that some fucktard abuses and/or murders a son named after him just hurts my heart.

I hope they get their punishment.

It is long overdue.

PB was a little sweetheart. I agree with @Krystal about when murdered children share the name of their abusers - it always makes me wince when I see this in cases. So I'm going with PB and fuck that abusing Father and his shitty wife, they don't deserve to share that little boys name.

There is an update to this story:
The mother of a missing six-year-old Hawaiian boy has admitted manslaughter 20 years after he was last seen.

Jaylin Kema and her husband Peter Kema Sr. campaigned for the safe return of their six-year-old son Peter who became affectionately known in the public as Peter Boy after his 1997 disappearance from Big Island, Hawaii.

The couple claimed to have lost track of the child after giving him to a family friend to look after when they fell upon hard times. Earlier this year they were both arrested for murder after a fresh investigation.

On Thursday, Jaylin Kema pleaded guilty to manslaughter as she confirmed the boy is dead as authorities have long feared.

He is believed to have died of sepsis after a wound in his arm which police say was inflicted by his abusive father became infected.
Link

--Al

The mother of a missing six-year-old Hawaiian boy has admitted manslaughter 20 years after he was last seen.

Jaylin Kema and her husband Peter Kema Sr. campaigned for the safe return of their six-year-old son Peter who became affectionately known in the public as Peter Boy after his 1997 disappearance from Big Island, Hawaii.

The couple claimed to have lost track of the child after giving him to a family friend to look after when they fell upon hard times. Earlier this year they were both arrested for murder after a fresh investigation.

On Thursday, Jaylin Kema pleaded guilty to manslaughter as she confirmed the boy is dead as authorities have long feared.

He is believed to have died of sepsis after a wound in his arm which police say was inflicted by his abusive father became infected.

Jaylin Kema agreed with this version of events, Hawaii County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Ricky Damerville said.

She agreed that she failed to get the child medical help after he suffered the injury which was large enough for a finger to be stuck in it.

[..]

The wound, which was puss-filled and festering, prompted extended family members to fear Peter was being abused, Damerville added.

It was one of many suffered by the child at the hands of his father, according to his siblings.

They told Hawaii News earlier this year how they were all beaten as children but that Peter suffered the most gravely. Their father forced him to eat his own feces and tortured him daily, they said.

[..]

The three children were removed from their parents care when Peter was just a baby after he was found to have suffered several broken bones. They went to live with their grandparents and were happy.

It was during this time that all the photographs taken of Peter Boy throughout his life were captured. The children were however returned to their parents by the state and the abuse began again.

After his disappearance, Peter's four-year-old sister told authorities she saw her father trying to resuscitate the boy before he vanished. She also claimed to have seen him in a box in a closet.

Kema Snr, who denies killing his son, maintains that he gave him to a woman called Auntie Rose Makuakane in Oahu after struggling to support him financially.

Police never found any trace of such a woman or flight details showing he had made the described journey.

The couple was arrested earlier this year after a grand jury indictment which named them as Peter's killers.

They were brought in to custody on gun and welfare fraud charges and separated, a tactic law enforcement officers hoped would drive a wedge between them and reveal what happened to the boy.

The case had been reopened after heavily redacted files from 2005 were released in which detailed the abuse Peter and his siblings suffered at the hands of their father.

Jaylin was charged with second-degree murder but pleaded guilty to manslaughter in a plea deal with prosecutors. She will testify against her husband in exchange for a reduced sentence for her crime.

[..]

Jaylin Kema received a recommended sentence of just one-year in exchange for her testimony with credit for time already served. If her husband's trial isn't over by April, she'll be on supervised release, according to the plea agreement.

Peter Boy's body has never been found.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-Hawaii-boy-pleads-guilty-manslaughter.html

Hawaii is such a fucking cesspool. That seriously might be the nastiest state in America, at least when we're talking about the people/cultures there. Vile.

How depressing that this rotten bitch will never see proper justice for slaughtering her own child.

The children were however returned to their parents by the state and the abuse began again.

So the State of Hawaii is also responsible for the kids death. Good to know. I'm sure there will be lots of negative repurcussions as aresult of this news and the legistlature will rethink their parental reunification priorities...

Father of boy missing for 20 years pleads guilty to manslaughter
By Associated Press

April 6, 2017 | 3:57am

kema.jpg

HONOLULU — The father of a Hawaii boy who went missing 20 years ago pleaded guilty to manslaughter Wednesday in a deal with prosecutors that requires him to reveal the location of the child’s body.

Peter Kema Sr. also entered a guilty plea to hindering prosecution and agreed to a 20-year prison sentence, with a mandatory minimum of six years and eight months if he helps authorities find the remains of his son, Peter Jr., who was 6 when he disappeared.

If Kema doesn’t cooperate, prosecutors can ask for a 25-year term, Hawaii County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Ricky Damerville said.

“This saga doesn’t end until we find that body,” the prosecutor said after the hearing on the Big Island.

{...}

Kema and his wife, Jaylin, have long been suspects in the boy’s disappearance, but prosecutors said they didn’t have enough evidence to charge them until last year, when a grand jury indicted the couple on murder charges.

Jaylin Kema pleaded guilty last year to manslaughter in the first official confirmation that the child was dead. In exchange for a one-year sentence with credit for time served, she agreed to waive her marital privilege and testify against her husband if he went to trial.

[...]

In 1996 and 1997, extended family members, most of them now dead, were concerned that the boy’s father was abusing him. An arm injury was left untreated, festering and filling with puss until there was a hole so deep someone could put a finger inside it, Damerville said last year.

Despite having health insurance, Jaylin Kema didn’t get her son medical treatment and didn’t report the abuse because she was afraid of her husband, Damerville said.

Sometime between May and June 1997, the couple’s then 4-year-old daughter heard Jaylin Kema calling out for her husband and saw her trying to resuscitate the boy. The girl later saw her brother in a box, Damerville said.

Prosecutors believe the boy died from septic shock from not getting medical care. They do not believe Jaylin Kema knows the location of the body.

[...]

A turning point came when Kema’s wife agreed to testify against him, Roth said.

Roth was in court Wednesday sitting next to Peter Boy’s maternal grandfather.

“Now we’ll know the truth,” Roth said. “It answers the question for the public: Where is Peter Boy?”

http://nypost.com/2017/04/06/father-of-boy-missing-for-20-years-pleads-guilty-to-manslaughter/

I hope I posted this article correctly, I haven't tried to post one in years. I'm just happy there's a good chance to give this baby a proper burial.

The mother convicted of manslaughter in the death of her son, 6-year-old Peter “Peter Boy” Kema Jr., has died.

Jaylin Kema, 48, died Wednesday of renal failure at Hilo Medical Center, according to a source.

A family member declined to comment and requested privacy.

Kema had diabetes. According to the Hawaii Tribune-Herald, she previously had part of her leg amputated due to complications of the disease.

She and her husband, Peter Kema Sr. were convicted in a high-profile child abuse case involving their son, Peter Boy, who is presumed to have died in 1997.

Jaylin Kema pleaded guilty to manslaughter for failing to get medical treatment for her son.

She was sentenced to a year in jail with credit for time served under a plea agreement in exchange for her testimony against her husband. She was also sentenced to 10 years’ probation.

Jaylin Kema returned to court after she had violated terms of her probation.

She was scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 29 for a probation revocation hearing.
Judge Greg Nakamura sentenced Kema Sr. to 20 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to manslaughter under a plea deal after he agreed to lead authorities to the child’s body.

He led police to a site in Puna where he told law enforcement he unsuccessfully tried to burn his son’s body. He told police he placed the child’s body in a box and dumped him into the ocean.

Peter Boy’s body has never been found.

I dont get it. THe plea deal was that he would lead them to the kids body, which he didnt do.

Were they that fucking desperate for this deal that they didnt take it off the table and throw the book at him?

Back