• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thatsmallgrl

Tiny Warrior
Bold Member!
3481to5.jpg

95 year old Albert Loehlein was beaten to death in the home he had lived in since 1945. His family stated he was 95 going on 75. He worked for decades for WCCO Radio (830 AM) tending the the transmitters. He was also a WWII vet. He lost his wife seven years ago and though shaken, he still loved to hunt and fish. And now he is gone. When he was found, it appeared that he had been deceased for at least two days. A relative bringing groceries to his house found him.

27 year old Isiah Thomas was caught based on a single fingerprint found on a wooden box in Loehlein's home. A mantle clock found in a pawn shop was identified as Loehlein's. When arrested, they found Loehlein's gold pocket watch on Thomas's person. Nothin else appears to have been stolen from the residence.

Thomas only lived six blocks away from Loehlein, and he has a rather lengthy criminal record starting when he was just 15 years old. He had entered a house when no one was home and stole various items. He attempted to go back the next day but was stopped by a woman at the front door.

At 19, he broke into a house with people there and stole, video game consoles, a phone, and a wallet. At 22 he broke into a home with a mother and her two young children inside and stole various items from there. He is already scheduled to be sentenced in two weeks for a another robbery conviction.

He is charged with two counts of second-degree murder and bail was set at two million.

imj677.jpg

Rest in Peace Mr. Loehlein. I'm sorry you were taken from this earth in such an unnecessary fashion by someone who should have never been on the streets in the first place.

http://www.startribune.com/repeat-f...r-old-anoka-man-s-home-killing-him/404288816/

Last edited:
So sickening.

I wonder what the $ value was for that clock and pocket watch?

I bet no more than 2 days pay at a minimum wage job.

This guy should be locked up for the rest of his life. society isn't safe if he is on the streets.

95 year old Albert Loehlein was beaten to death in the home he had lived in since 1945.
wow!

He had entered a house when no one was home and stole various items. He attempted to go back the next day but was stopped by a woman at the front door.
wow!
At 19, he broke into a house with people there and stole, video game consoles, a phone, and a wallet.
wow this man will walk right into your house.
At 22 he broke into a home with a mother and her two young children inside and stole various items
right in front of little kids too ... that would have been scary as fuck. The boogie man doesn't exist dear ... yes he does Mom ... he just walked off with my PS4.

Cowardly smear.
Take off both his legs and one arm, then lock him away.
Leave the one arm so he can clean, wipe and feed himself.
If he mouths off, out with the tongue.

Found this update while searching on another update -

Fuck this dude and his social commentary to his situation bullshit -

L I N K

Life in prison for man who killed 95-year-old Anoka resident
By Chao Xiong Star Tribune | April 9, 2018 — 11:10pm

Man had pleaded guilty to murder for killing the 95-year-old Anoka resident with flashlight and clock.

Albert Loehlein made wine from grapes grown in his backyard in Anoka, logged his own trees for the fireplace and made rugs with his mother’s loom set up in the basement.

At 95, he could barely see or hear, but wished to live independently in the home he bought in 1945. It was there that he and his wife, Hannah, raised six children. Loehlein cared for Hannah there as she succumbed to cancer several years ago.

“He didn’t want to be anywhere else,” his son, Timothy Loehlein, said in Anoka County District Court on Monday. “He loved being there.”

Isaiah M. Thomas lived six blocks away. Over Thanksgiving weekend in 2016, Thomas crept into the WWII veteran’s home, beat him to death with a flashlight and a clock that he pawned for $22.50. On Monday, he was sentenced to life in prison, with a chance of parole after 30 years.

Loehlein’s children urged the court to lock Thomas away for life. Thomas and his attorney, Caroline Durham, argued that prejudice had unfairly burdened Thomas his whole life. Thomas is black. Loehlein was white.

“I apologize in all honesty and sincerity,” Thomas said before launching into a five-minute speech about poverty and discrimination.

Thomas, 28, pleaded guilty in March to first-degree murder with intent for killing Loehlein. As part of the plea agreement, one count of premeditated first-degree murder was dismissed, sparing him a mandatory sentence of life without the chance of parole. One count of second-degree murder also was dismissed.

Thomas said Monday that his behavior was not coldblooded, but rather an act of “warm-blooded, long, deep misplaced anger” directed toward a man who represented other men who had victimized him and his peers.

“I’m a product of my environment,” said Thomas, who was shackled while in court.

In handing down the sentence, District Judge Barry Sullivan reflected on the crime’s effect on the community.

“If a nice old guy like Albert Loehlein isn’t safe in his own home, who is?” he said.

Thomas said he grew up in poverty, and has been in trouble with the law since he was 10.

“I didn’t steal because it was fun,” he said. “I stole because I couldn’t afford those things.”

Thomas said he has watched people get “gunned down” and witnessed blacks suffer at the hands of police.

“At the end of the day, these are my peers,” he said, adding that he plans to mentor youth while incarcerated.

Thomas’ mother and sister, who were in court, said they extended their condolences to the Loehlein family. They declined to be identified.

“We had everything we needed,” Thomas’ sister said of their upbringing.

Thomas’ criminal history includes four burglary convictions. Assistant Anoka County Attorney Wade Kish said in a court filing that Thomas had allegedly assaulted three correctional officers and three inmates while in custody.

He has not been charged in those incidents.

Albert Loehlein.jpg

Albert 'Shining Example of Life Worth Living' Loehlein

issaiah-montrell-thomas.jpg

Issiah 'I-Can't-Help-Myself-Because-Reasons' Thomas

Back