• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I was thinking about getting Life is Strange. I like those open world, live life, make decisions kind of games.

Does anyone have it? Is it any good?

Life Is Strange is GREAT, much better than a Telltale as far as those games go. And it feels more like Twin Peaks than Deadly Premonition, literally a TP-ripoff

Anyway I'm just playing Binding of Isaac waiting on that sweet, sweet Afterbirth+

I was thinking about getting Life is Strange. I like those open world, live life, make decisions kind of games.

Does anyone have it? Is it any good?
If you play on PC you can try episode 1 for free on steam :). I own all episodes but haven't played yet, so can't tell you if it's good or not lol

There's a few really good walking simulators. Gone Home, Vanishing of Ethan Carter etc. I picked up a few smaller, lesser known ones during fall sale that look promising. Hoping Fire Watch goes on sale with the steam winter sale since that's the next one on my list.

If you like horror games The Park is pretty good, although short. Kholat, The Descendant and the Amnesia series are fun, although they aren't just walking sim/point & clicks. They have the stealth aspect. You can be killed, but you can't fight back type thing.

Also got the latest Tomb Raider and for fun, Deadpool.

I actually had fun with the Deadpool game. But then again it was childish humor that made me laugh.

Just finished Red Dead Redemption on PS4 (Thanks Playstation Now), and currently playing Watch Dogs 2, Recore, TitanFall 2 and Gears of War 4 on PC

I dont play shit. I bought mortal kombat x for ps4 but i cant ever play it because the stupid bf plays destiny 12 hours at a time. If not destiny then he's playing battlefield and if not battlefield then he's play tom clancy's rainbow 6? Or maybe 7? Awe fuck idk..

Horizon Zero Dawn. I can't recommend this game enough! PS4 Exclusive.

Anxiously awaiting Mass Effect: Andromeda too!

Last night I downloaded Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World for 3DS.

I know, not on par with the "real" games here but cute and relaxing, which is exactly what I need given the current state of my job. :)

Mass Effect Andromeda concept is great, gameplay is alright, but oh good lord is the writing bad.

@thatsmallgrl I have another story driven walking sim for you :D

What Remains of Edith Finch. Excellent game. It's a bit lacking in the touch this, do that, but the story is well written, albeit sad. There are mini games for most of the characters stories which add a nice touch to the story telling. On par with Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Took me 2.9 hours to complete and I went through as slow as I could muster to drag it out so might want to wait a bit as $20 is pretty steep for 2 hours of game play.

Another great but little known game is We Happy Few. I got it for my birthday and so far I'm really liking it. I love the setting and the game holds a lot of potential. It's in early access atm but there's very few bugs and enough content that it's enjoyable to play. The only thing that irked me slightly is how the saves are done, but it's typical for the genre.

Going to start Inside and see how it is.

Though I still play DayZ, I also play MineCraft, Ark and Ahnayro. Have had my own gamut of gaming servers and TS3 servers... shut everything down except the TS server last November, due to my dog becoming seriously ill. Now I just serve on some one else's server where I don't have to handle all the day to day responsibilities. I miss having my own servers, but it was soooooouch work.

~shadow
[doublepost=1498858708,1497759285][/doublepost]
I beat RE7 after playing it 3 times. I read you can run through the entire game in 4 hours. Meh. I mean it was a decently made horror game but it wasn't Resident Evil. I hope this isn't the game model from now on.

While I am not a fan of the Resident Evil game(s), I have to admire your dedication. I gave you, Thumbs up, because we seem to have an odd duck going around giving thumbs down. I'm not sure if it's people he just doesn't like, or if he just truly doesn't like the post.

~shadow

I know this is for video games.

But i wanted to post about this game that i recently started playing again. Geocaching.
Here is the wiki link for a better understanding of whst it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching

This is the site i belong to.
https://www.geocaching.com/play/search

Two things to bring with you
Some random tokens. Things like marbles, charms, old key fobs just anything of almost no value.
And a pencil.
When you find the cache, you will take out a trinket and leave one.
You need the pencil to write your name, city and the date on the log sheet.

I used to do this with my daughter at different state parks when we lived in minnesota. We've done it on foot, by boat and by horse back.
I only recently rediscovered this by stumbling upon a cache while fishing. Of course, i ran to my car and found a trinket and a pencil so i could log.

This morning, i went online and found the coordinates for one that was close to my house, about a quarter of a mile away. I grabbed a marble and a pencil, put the leash on the dog and away we went.

I found it in 15 minutes.

Good luck

Another great but little known game is We Happy Few. I got it for my birthday and so far I'm really liking it. I love the setting and the game holds a lot of potential. It's in early access atm but there's very few bugs and enough content that it's enjoyable to play.

I was really looking forward to this game, but after Gearbox took over I just have no desire to play it any more.

I was really looking forward to this game, but after Gearbox took over I just have no desire to play it any more.

I stopped playing because I ran into a bug in a quest. The cook throws a rubber duck and you have to retrieve it, but the duck completely vanished. I stopped and waited to see if it would be fixed at some point. That dream of it being fixed vanished with the gearbox deal. That bug will NEVER be fixed now. Of course theres a slim chance that since they are just the distributors that the dev's will follow through and fix stuff up but we all know gearbox won't force them to fix those kinds of things

I got a Nintendo Switch today and so far I'm LOVING it. Super Mario Odyssey is incredible, if you're a Mario fan.

I know Nintendo had never been the go-to system for the most realistic graphics but damn, I've been a fan since NES days and this system (and game) are everything I could have hoped for.

Anyone else with a Switch that has suggestions on other games? Zelda is a given and is probably next on the list, then maybe Mario Kart 8, but I'm not sure what else is really good.

Anyone else with a Switch that has suggestions on other games? Zelda is a given and is probably next on the list, then maybe Mario Kart 8, but I'm not sure what else is really good.
Bayonetta. Lots of solid reviews, and I think they still have the buy Bayonetta 2 get Bayonetta 1 included.

I just got done playing Night in the Woods (on Switch although it's on all the other systems, and Steam etc from my understanding)...

It was a fascinating, strange little game. Highly recommend. I feel like people who read DD will find things that resonate with them in this game.

Apparently you can replay it and get different background stories/side quests depending on who you talk to and hang out with, although the primary storyline stays the same. So I'll probably be doing that soon. I was kind of sad to finish it last night and be done with the strange little town of Possum Springs and its denizens.

Chess.
I have a beautiful "Sandman" set.
I didn't read the whole thread...but if there are other Chess players
on the board, maybe we can have a match.

Back