• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sudonim

Trusted Member
The bodies of a missing mother and her teen daughter have been found in a well and police say their deaths are being investigated as a homicides, reports CBS affiliate WNCN.

On Tuesday, the Martin County Sheriff’s Office said that they believed Dawn Elizabeth Ward, 40, and her daughter Taylor Lynn Carroll, 14, went missing from a mobile home on Monday. At that time, evidence reportedly surfaced causing concern for Ward and Carroll’s safety and welfare.

The station reports that Ward’s mother was the last person to see the two victims. She reportedly said that when she saw a broken window at her daughter’s mobile home, which is located just steps from her house, she said she knew something was not right.

Martin County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Drew Robinson would not comment on the cause of death, and he said no arrests have been made so far.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dawn-el...rth-carolina-mom-daughter-found-dead-in-well/

My guess would be someone that one of them was in a relationship with. Maybe an older guy the girl met on the internet...mom found out...tried to end relationship...or mom got involved with a control freak manipulative monster that took their lives.

I wonder how far the well was from the home...who found bodies and how...how were they killed...were they sexually assaulted. Why were bodies removed from the home and hid. Someone close to the family that had the strength and time to do all that would be my theory. Hope they catch him.
[doublepost=1480716977,1480715260][/doublepost]Got at least one answer...they were found in a well 10 miles from their home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3994748/Officials-Bodies-missing-mother-daughter-well.html

The Medical Examiner’s Office in Greenville has determined the mother and daughter who were killed in Martin County last week were stabbed multiple times.

NewsChannel 12’s Aisha Mbowe reports Dawnn Ward, the mother, was stabbed a single time in her chest. Taylor Carroll, the daughter, was stabbed multiple times in the chest.

Jeffrey Todd Ward of 2923 McCaskey Rd. in Williamston was arrested and charged on two counts of murder with no bond on Saturday. Also charged was Jerrett Cole Ward of 2923 McCaskey Rd. in Williamston.

He was charged with two counts of accessory after the fact to murder with a $1 million bond.

The two are brothers. They had their first court appearance on Monday.
LINK

Jeffrey Todd Ward was arrested on Saturday and is currently being held without bond. His brother, Jerrett Cole Ward, 24, was also arrested and charged with two counts of accessory after the fact to murder. He is currently being held on $1 million bond.

The Medical Examiner’s Office in Greenville determined Ward died from a single stab wound to the chest, while Carroll was stabbed in the chest repeatedly. WITN goes on to report that the estranged couple allegedly "had a violent history," and Ward filed for and obtained a domestic violence restraining order against her husband in 2014.

"I am afraid for my life, my children, and my mother. He is dangerous," she wrote in the document, discussing a time Ward allegedly strangled her until she passed out. "He came out and threatened to burn my house and my mother's house to kill us all."

The document also noted that Carroll was not Jeffrey Ward's biological daughter, but that she thought of him as her father.

People reports that both of the Ward brothers are due to appear in court on Dec. 14. They will both be given court-appointed attorneys and have not yet entered a plea deal.
LINK

Sep 11, 2018
Jeffrey Todd Ward received two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole for killing his estranged wife and her 14 year old daughter in 2016 and dumping their bodies in an underground well.
According to statements from Jeffrey Ward and other evidence, Jeffrey Ward and Dawnn Ward involved in an argument on the night of November 27 or early morning hours of November 28 at Dawnn's residence.

Both Wards proceeded out in the yard when Jeffrey stabbed Dawnn once in the chest with a knife, killing her. Jeffrey then stabbed his step-daughter, Taylor, multiple times with a knife. Jeffrey admitted to striking Taylor in the head with an air soft pistol.

Jeffrey Ward then transported both bodies about 7 miles away to his grandmother's residence on McCaskey Road in Williamston, where he eventually dumped both bodies into an underground well on the property.

Their bodies were discovered a few days later with the aid of canines. Autopsies confirmed that each died due to stab wounds, and in addition Taylor suffered blunt force trauma to her head.
1579274572675.png

According to a search warrant obtained by WITN, Jeffrey Ward told investigators “he screwed up and he killed them during one of his blackout episodes, where he was overtaken by demons.”

In September 2014, Dawnn Ward obtained a domestic violence protective order against her husband.

In it she said Jeffrey Ward "grabbed me around my throat using his hands. He strangled me until I passed out." That allegedly happened on August 1, 2014 after the couple had an argument.

"I am afraid for my life, my children and my mother. He is dangerous," the woman wrote in the court document. "He came out and threatened to burn my house and my mother's house to kill us all," Ward said.

The protective lasted one year.

One family member expressed disappointment an execution had not taken place in North Carolina since 2006, and even if Ward were sentenced to death, the family would likely never see it carried out.

"According to a search warrant obtained by WITN, Jeffrey Ward told investigators “he screwed up and he killed them during one of his blackout episodes, where he was overtaken by demons.”

Demons, my ass. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Back