• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.kptv.com/story/33418756/hunter-found-1-still-lost-in-southwest-oregon
[....]
Curry County Sheriff's Deputy Tracy Morse told The Associated Press that 21-year-old Trevor Higgins was located by search crews Tuesday afternoon.

She said she didn't know exactly where Higgins had been found but that searchers had been looking for the hunters in mountains between Grants Pass and Gold Beach.

Morse says Higgins was severely hypothermic and was taken by helicopter to a hospital in Coos Bay.

She says the search continues for his father, 41-year-old Shawn Higgins.

The two were reported missing to the Curry County Sheriff's Office Friday night after they failed to meet up with a relative while hunting.

Bad weather has been hampering the search by dozens of officials and volunteers for a father and son who went missing in the southwest Oregon wilderness.

Searchers went back into the woods Tuesday to look for 41-year-old Shawn Higgins of Coos Bay and his 21-year-old son Trevor in mountains between Grants Pass and Gold Beach.

The two were reported missing to the Curry County Sheriff's Office last Friday night after they failed to meet up with a relative while hunting.
[....]
Curry County Sheriff John Ward says heavy rains, swollen creeks and fog have made the search extremely difficult.

I think we can safely assume that the dude is dead.

COOS BAY, Ore. – Curry County Sheriff John Ward announced Tuesday evening that the ground search for Shawn Higgins has been suspended.

Ward said the search was called off due to no signs, clues or indication of his location in the rugged search terrain.

The overhead search for Shawn was called off Sunday evening.

Several of Shawn Higgins’ friends, co-workers and acquaintances when back in the search area Monday, but didn’t find any clues as to where he could be.

http://kpic.com/news/local/curry-county-sheriff-calls-off-ground-search-for-shawn-higgins

Wow. That's so sad. I went to college in Coos Bay, SWOCC, and when we went into the woods it was only for one reason. Mushrooms. I can't imagine getting lost there. What a nightmare, plus being all alone, I would have dug me a hole and just sat there probably feeling hopeless. I was always with a few friends, never did we split up further than visual distance. But if I remember right, there were many little trails or mud tracks and garbage trails and whatnot to find yourself back towards the openings. One friend use to even leave braches in x marks to keep from getting lost. Probably a different wooded area for sure but still....how horrible. Hope he finds his way out soon.

Back