• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...th-certificate-children-divorce-a7384776.html
[....]
Richard Hoagland made a panicked call to his wife, Linda Iseler, when she was at work on 10 February 1993, saying he was on his way to hospital.

She and her two sons, Matthew, 9, and Doug, 6, never saw him again.
[....]
He was declared legally dead in 2003. His wife moved on and and remarried.

Meanwhile Hoagland had traveled 1,000 miles south from their home in Indianapolis to the small town of Zephyrhills, Florida.

He remarried under the name of Terry Symansky - a fisherman who died in a freak accident in 1991 - and had another child.

He stole the identity by renting an apartment from the fisherman’s father and taking his son’s death certificate once the landlord had died, and using it to apply for a birth certificate and a driving licence.

Smyansky’s nephew exposed the con after doing some research on ancestry.com and saw that his uncle had married two years after his death.

Hoagland, now 63, faces several fraud charges.[....]

His third wife, Mary Hickman, said she found a briefcase of documents relating to his first identity after he was arrested.

Hoagland told police he wanted to leave his second wife but did not want to get another divorce after being married to Linda for 11 years.
serveimage

As long as he didn't somehow claim any insurance/death benefits or social security or anything else wrongfully, i don't see a big deal with this. I assume he must have done something similar to all that htough if he's facing fraud charges.

I'm more interested in what his replacement wife/family thinks upon finding this out. Hilarious.

Indiana and Florida? The guy really didn't change much at all. If you're gonna do this, why go from one nightmarishly shit place to another even shittier place?

As long as he didn't somehow claim any insurance/death benefits or social security or anything else wrongfully, i don't see a big deal with this. I assume he must have done something similar to all that htough if he's facing fraud charges.

I'm more interested in what his replacement wife/family thinks upon finding this out. Hilarious.

Indiana and Florida? The guy really didn't change much at all. If you're gonna do this, why go from one nightmarishly shit place to another even shittier place?

Falsifying identification and identity theft are federal felonies.

I'd bet my last two cents that after he was declared dead his children received social security payments on his record. What a coward. You put them through hell. Get a divorce and move on asshole. Don't just abandon your wife and kids and the life you made. Step up to the plate and be a MAN. And by that I don't mean a DEAD one.

Yeah and i don't see a big deal with either so long as they aren't leading to any financial defrauding.

survivors benefits from the government is financial defrauding. I am sure his wife and children received payments. He should have to pay every penny back.

Back