• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.wpxi.com/news/teen-accused-of-bullying-classmate-into-giving-him-nearly-7000/461524331
[....]
Katy School District Police contend that between June and October, 17-year-old Robert Guthrie intimidated a younger classmate in to giving him up to $6,800. The younger boy allegedly stole the money from his parents.

Guthrie was arrested at school Monday and charged with aggregate theft, a state jail felony. He could get up to two years behind bars if he’s convicted. The thought frightens him.

“I’m very scared of what might happen to me and if I end up with a fine, the felony charge is going to keep me from getting a job,” Guthrie told KPRC on Thursday.

He insists he didn’t bully or intimidate the other boy. He said that they were actually partners.

“He was taking money from his parents to give it to me so I could purchase things for him and me to share,” Guthrie said.
[....]
Purchases the other boy wanted to hide from his parents.

“It was all his idea. He was the one stealing the money to give it to me so I could supplement his desire for electronics, and his desire to binge eat. If I had know all of this I wouldn’t have done it,” Guthrie said.

It all came crashing down, he said, after they quarreled about which would keep an expensive Xbox One, and the other boy confessed to his parents.
Guthrie said it didn’t occur to him he could be committing a crime.

“My avarice came and bit me in the neck. And I just, it’s my own dang fault that it kept going, I could have stopped it any anytime, but I kept asking for more,” he said.

Guthrie is set to be arraigned in November.

Is the other kid getting charged too?

Sounds like he's telling the truth too. What a load of shit. He's clearly a delinquent shithead, but 17, clearly a smart kid(or at least capable of coming across that way, which is a quality skill all on its own), put his ass on strict probation and slaughter him with community service requirements. 2 years locked away, felony charge, for merely staying quiet while his bud steals a shit ton of money and then utilizing it with him to buy shit? Hopefully they're only comin so hard in order to force a plea that will lead to similar penalties as i'm describin.

Isn't this the same school district i read about in another thread here that stole tens of millions of dollars from the tax payers to build an absurdly overpriced luxury football stadium? What a surprise the kids are stealing too. The entire community sounds assbackward and plagued by ignorance to me.

And how the fuck did this kids parents not realize that much money had gone missing?

If I had know all of this I wouldn’t have done it,” Guthrie said.
Known all of what? That he would be caught? When did he learn the money was stolen from the other boy's parents? All along? Or after they were caught?
And all these cool toys - didn't the "bully's" parents question the electronic goodies? How could the "bullied" boy's parents fail to notice so much missing money?
Whatever the truth, and teens are sneaky, but there seems to be a lot of parental inattention on all sides.

Last edited:
Binge eat o_O wtf was this kid eating that $5 couldn't cover ...

... and let me add .. "avarice" (very interesting choice in words) :shifty: These 2 are the next Charles Ponzi :shifty:

Hmm. There's this:

“It was all his idea. He was the one stealing the money to give it to me so I could supplement his desire for electronics, and his desire to binge eat. If I had know all of this I wouldn’t have done it,” Guthrie said.

And next we have this:

“My avarice came and bit me in the neck. And I just, it’s my own dang fault that it kept going, I could have stopped it any anytime, but I kept asking for more,” he said.

So, which is it = "All his idea", or "I kept asking for more"? The two statements are not exactly synonymous.

So, which is it = "All his idea", or "I kept asking for more"? The two statements are not exactly synonymous.
It might have started as a bullying situation (shaking him down for lunch money) and became a symbiotic relationship of greed and thievery. Neither boys nor parents get my sympathy based on the statements so far.

He talks like Eddie Haskel. Never could believe a word he said either. "Good Afternoon, Mrs. Cleaver."

Or flea market vendors.
A neighbor made a lot of money at one time collecting tolls on his private road to a beach.
He taped an envelope with $4000 cash to the back of a dresser and FORGOT about it. His wife found it sometime later and gambled it away at Lake Tahoe. Because she was mad at him for hiding the money in the first place?! No white trash emoji, so :wtf:

Last edited:
Because she was mad at him for hiding the money in the first place?! No white trash emoji, so :wtf:
:woot: Twice in my life...
I have come across these kinda people ...
Doing things irrationally out of emotion using no logic :)

A girl I worked with.. found out her husband was cheating ..
Sold me her Jewelry out of spite for 100$$ ( I kept it for a month incase she changed her mind) She wouldn't :) he had to buy bigger and better things for forgiveness

... Then ... A guy I knew who had a sick Camaro 1977 LT Type ( I asked repeatedly if he ever wanted to sell) Then just my luck ..
His wife hits his car and smashed the back wheel well ..
No biggie .... I own a Shop/ Mechanic/body/towing/impound (piece o cake)
He gets pissed calls me and says u can have the car for 1500 buks!!!
THE RIMS ALONE ARE WORTH 3000 :woot: SCORE!!!!

Back