• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
FNeXNYK.jpg
An 11-year-old girl died early Sunday after she was struck by a bullet in her mother’s bedroom from a gun police say was fired by the girl’s father.

Family members and paramedics tried to save Achauntiara Lanza, who went by Shanti, but she died soon after arriving at Children’s Hospital.

About seven hours later, the girl’s father, Deandre Kelley, 34, turned himself in to Cincinnati Police.
[...]

The incident began Saturday night when Kelley and the girl’s mother, Kristina Lanza, had an argument, said Anita Lanza, the girl’s grandmother. Around 3 a.m. Kelley returned to the home intoxicated and her daughter refused to let him in, she said.

That’s when Kelley, standing outside the three-story home, fired several shots in the air, Anita Lanza said. One of those shots went in the second story window and into Kristina’s bedroom where Shanti had gone as her parents were arguing.

Kristina’s three other children were also in the house, Lanza said.
[...]

Kelley was charged with reckless homicide and was being held in the Hamilton County jail Sunday afternoon. He has been arrested multiple times in Cincinnati mostly on traffic, drug and alcohol charges, court records show.

Kelley has also been charged with domestic violence against Kristina Lanza three times in the last 12 years, but each charge was eventually dropped.

In 2004, Kristina Lanza told police that Kellley punched her in the head and nose and grabbed her arm.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20140112/NEWS01/301120070/

38QoXiO.jpg

Hamilton County Court Judge Melissa Powers set a $500,000 bond Monday morning for Deandre Kelley, the Sedamsville father accused of killing his daughter.

Kelley was arrested Sunday on a charge of reckless homicide after police say he shot 11-year-old Shanti Lanza at his Delhi Avenue home.

Prosecutors requested a high bond after reviewing what they said was Kelley’s extensive felony record in Kentucky, and a history of mental health issues. Attorneys feared the father was a danger to himself after the incident.

"He might drink a little bit but that was his child, that was his baby," said Antwone Kelley, Deandre’s brother. "He didn't mean to do this at all. He's more heartbroken than anybody."
[...]

Antwone Kelley said his brother left the scene without knowing what happened until he found out he was wanted. Antwone was one of the people who spoke with Deandre, convincing him to surrender to police.

“It was a bunch of crying. He didn't mean to do it. What more can I say? He didn't mean to do it,” Antwone said. "He's more heartbroken than anybody. Accidents happen..."
[...]

Vince Lanza, Shanti’s uncle, said Deandre and his sister had a troubled relationship, but loved each other and their daughter.

"It was one of those relationships that they can't be together but they can't be without each other," he said.
[...]

A grand jury is set to meet Jan. 22 to review evidence in Deandre Kelley’s case.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ning-shooting-death-of-11-year-old-in-custody

It's sad that it took the death of their child to make the madness stop. They should both be ashamed of themselves for letting this reckless shit go this far.
I wish no peace for either of them in this life or the next, especially the Dad. He knew his kids were there and yet he still did this. What a selfish self absorbed piece of shit and whatever punishment he gets won't even be half good enough to make up for his actions.

The dad accused of killing his 11-year-old daughter during a drunken shooting spree at a slumber party at their home will not be allowed to go to her funeral, a judge ruled Thursday afternoon.

Deandre Kelley can't leave jail because public safety trumps his grief, Hamilton County Judge Nadine Allen said in an emotional court hearing. The judge said Kelley must "mourn symbolically."

The girl's mother, Kristina Lanza, sobbed loudly and appeared to nearly faint. She wanted Kelley to attend Achauntiara (“Shanti”) Lanza's funeral, saying the shooting was an accident.

But prosecutor Joe Deters fought their motion after bringing more charges against Kelley Thursday morning.

Deters also released more disturbing details about the shooting and blamed the girl’s mother for dropping three previous domestic violence charges against Kelley.

Deters said Shanti was hiding from her drunken father in her upstairs bedroom when he wildly fired the shot that killed her.

"This is the end of the road for this enabling," Deters said. "He needs to be in jail and the rest of them should be looking in the mirror for the reason this little girl is dead.”

Kelley faces up to 17 years in prison if he is convicted of all charges, Deters said.
[...]

Deters said Shanti's parents shared the blame for the circumstances that led up to the shooting.

"Kelley had three prior domestic violence charges involving the victim’s mother which were dismissed for want of prosecution when the victim’s mother failed to appear in court," Deters said.

“There has been a lot of public discussion that the “system” failed this family. This defendant has been charged with domestic violence three times and was never convicted because the witness would not cooperate. Now, in an incredibly senseless act, he has killed his daughter and the mother wants him to attend the funeral."
[...]

It's not uncommon for a judge to grant a prisoner's request to go to a family member's funeral, but a prisoner is usually not allowed to go to public services. The usual procedure is that the prisoner gets a private viewing, in handcuffs and accompanied by sheriff's deputies.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...al-from-judge-to-attend-his-daughters-funeral

The girl's mother, Kristina Lanza, sobbed loudly and appeared to nearly faint. She wanted Kelley to attend Achauntiara (“Shanti”) Lanza's funeral, saying the shooting was an accident.
WOW, so did he think that after shooting like a crazy person AT the home his FAMILY was in nothing would happened? shoulda shot the dumb wife who allowed this man to abuse her for years.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!

What started as a man reluctantly admitting he was drunk when he accidentally shot his daughter to death ended with courtroom outbursts Wednesday and the girl's mother and aunt being arrested.

Kelley, facing more than 20 years in prison on the original manslaughter charge and other charges, was balking on a plea deal offering a six-year sentence, the minimum possible. Assistant Hamilton County Prosecutor Mark Piepmeier said prosecutors only offered the minimum because Kristina Lanza demanded the most lenient sentence possible for her boyfriend.

During a break for Kelley to consider the offer, family members and friends of Kelley and Lanza argued aggressively with Piepmeier, saying the proposed six-year sentence for killing the girl was too harsh. One husband and wife were kicked out of court; the wife, who created an uproar in the hall, was arrested.

When court resumed, Kelley pleaded guilty to reckless homicide and was sentenced by Common Pleas Court Judge Nadine Allen to the minimum sentence of six years in prison despite Lanza and Danielle Lott, the girl's aunt, insisting Kelley deserved a lesser sentence.

"I know Shanti would have forgave her daddy," the dead girl's mother told the judge. "This was a total accident."

That upset the judge, who didn't back down from the raised voices and taunts.

"Does anybody think that guns shot in residential neighborhoods don't go into buildings?" Allen asked Lanza.

"You're saying things that are foolish ... That's a stupid remark."

After Kelley was taken from court, several members of the Lanza family startedmouthing off. The judge warned them to behave and be quiet while leaving – or else.

Seconds later, an explosion of noise in the hall resulted in the judge calling the group back in. She scolded Lott – who had screamed "No justice served!" as she left the courtroom the first time – and Lanza and cited them for contempt, ordering them jailed. That resulted in more wailing and bedlam from the rest of the Lanza clan and their friends in the audience.

"I've handled dozens and dozens of child murders in my career," Piepmeier said. "This is the first time I've ever had the mother of a murder victim tell me we're treating the person that killed her child too harshly.

"It just makes you scratch your head sometimes, makes you wonder where people are coming from."

Shanti was the second of Kelley's children to be shot and killed. His son, David Gill, 16, died after a 2012 triple shooting.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2014/04/02/fight-court-judge-yells-victims-family/7211655/

I agree, What the Everloving Fuck!?

It's like they think bullets are as natural as birds flying thru the air, if you get hit by one, oh well, nothing you can do about, accidents happen. WTF!?

I love how they didn't let him attend the funeral and i love how they arrested all these people. Hope they throw the book at all of them. What fucking filth.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!

Innercity, impoverished trash. This is fairly typical behavior in the face of authority, especially legal/gov't authority.

Achauntiara

God bless you

I agree, What the Everloving Fuck!?

It's like they think bullets are as natural as birds flying thru the air, if you get hit by one, oh well, nothing you can do about, accidents happen. WTF!?
Maybe that's why these ignorant scumbags always seem to have half a dozen kids-- SPARES!

And since when does the DA take into consideration what the girlfriend of a murderer thinks his sentence should be??

I get that she's also the 'mother of the victim'-- but it's pretty obvious that that's secondary to being 'girlfriend of the murderer'!! F'n Bullshit!:punch::rage:

I would've yelled out, "6 years is some BULLFUCKINSHIT! Give him the FUCKIN MAX!" And dared the judge to arrest me for contempt. I agree; this ratchet filth got spare kids, and bio egg wants her murderer back to make replacements. Shanti was a cutie pie.

Back