• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

brandi

christ on a cracker
The mother of an infant who was found dead at a recycling center two days before Christmas has been taken into custody by San Antonio police.

SAPD officers arrested 25-year-old Nidia Yolibeth Alvarado on capital murder charges late Tuesday night.

Alvarado was arrested around 10 p.m. at an apartment complex in the 1500 block of Jackson Keller Road. Police said other children reside at the apartment, and they were turned over to Child Protective Services.

SAPD investigators believe Alvarado played a part in the death of an infant boy who was found on Dec. 23 in a duffel bag at a Waste Management recycling center in the 5600 block of FM 1346.

The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office ruled the infant, who was believed to be between 1 and 10 days old, died of strangulation.
http://m.ksat.com/news/mother-arres...ter/-/15126192/23936454/-/pdsnbs/-/index.html

so is this what Lil Wayne was talking about when he wrote DuffleBag Boy? i mean, go and get your money... recycle station... its all starting to make sense now!!

so is this what Lil Wayne was talking about when he wrote DuffleBag Boy? i mean, go and get your money... recycle station... its all starting to make sense now!!
And I ain't never ran from my mama and I damn sure aint about to pick today to start running... Lmao

b5Q0ISR.jpg

The mother of a newborn found dead at an East Side recycling center told police that two days after giving birth, she strangled the boy, listened to him cry, watched him die, put his body into a duffel bag given to her at the hospital then placed it in a trash receptacle.

Nidia Yolibeth Alvarado, 25, has been charged with capital murder and her bail was set at $2 million, according to arrest records.

“The defendant said she contacted an unknown individual and she killed the baby by wrapping a ligature around the baby's neck,” a detective said in an arrest warrant affidavit. “(Alvarado) stated she saw the baby was crying and she then saw it die.”

When news of the boy's discovery garnered headlines Dec. 23, hospital staff where the baby was born quickly identified the woman they believed was the mother, according to the affidavit. The hospital is not named in the document.

Details in the arrest warrant affidavit show a woman who didn't want to be pregnant or have the baby. She did not mention the pregnancy to the two relatives — a man and woman — who took her to the hospital and picked her up, they told police. They first learned she was pregnant when she asked them to take her to the hospital.

And at some point before November, Alvarado had asked a friend if she knew how Alvarado could give herself an abortion, the friend told police according to the affidavit.

She made references to the sick or dying baby before and after the birth, the affidavit said.

Her brother did know about the pregnancy and “voiced his displeasure,” according to the affidavit. After the birth, she told her brother that the “hospital had to abort the baby.”

The baby was born the evening of Dec. 20, the affidavit said. Alvarado had given the hospital the name of Karen Mendoza and a fake birthday. She was seen on surveillance video arriving at the hospital and was seen leaving Dec. 22 in a wheelchair. Alvarado had her baby in her arms, the affidavit said.

Hospital staff told detectives she received no visitors in the two days she was at the hospital.

The affidavit states that when the couple picked her up, she told them the baby was sick. She asked them to take her to an apartment where the baby's father lived so he could help her “take the baby to the morgue when he dies.”

The address of the apartment complex isn't listed and whether the man she met is the father isn't clear.

It was after she contacted an unknown individual that she killed the baby and watched him die, a detective said in the affidavit.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...orn-watched-him-die-5144862.php#photo-5727179

WTF??? ADOPTION BITCH! There are probably thousands of people who would have gladly raised that baby!!!

And at some point before November, Alvarado had asked a friend if she knew how Alvarado could give herself an abortion, the friend told police according to the affidavit.
A little late by then, skank.

WTF??? ADOPTION BITCH! There are probably thousands of people who would have gladly raised that baby!!!

While I agree with the sentiment in theory and am a huge supporter of adoption, placing Hispanic babies in San Antonio is not as easy as it might seem. Culturally, people of Hispanic descent just don't adopt; much like in African-American communities, extended family is more likely to take on the baby as opposed to allowing the mother to choose to adopt the baby out, even if nobody in the family really wants another kid. Even if the mother were willing to give up the child, there aren't nearly enough black or Latino prospective parents to place them all.

I was lucky- as a white baby born in the same San Antonio hospital, I had dozens of prospective parents lined up and was placed with the two most amazing people imaginable. The little one in this story, though, might not have had as many options, but any one of them would have been better than death-by-"mommy".

A little late by then, skank.

While I agree with the sentiment in theory and am a huge supporter of adoption, placing Hispanic babies in San Antonio is not as easy as it might seem. Culturally, people of Hispanic descent just don't adopt; much like in African-American communities, extended family is more likely to take on the baby as opposed to allowing the mother to choose to adopt the baby out, even if nobody in the family really wants another kid. Even if the mother were willing to give up the child, there aren't nearly enough black or Latino prospective parents to place them all.

I was lucky- as a white baby born in the same San Antonio hospital, I had dozens of prospective parents lined up and was placed with the two most amazing people imaginable. The little one in this story, though, might not have had as many options, but any one of them would have been better than death-by-"mommy".

I get what you're saying, but then again - the mother could have just left the baby at the hospital. In Philadelphia I see a lot of kids who were obviously adopted (african american/asian) with white parents. I just always assumed for most that race would not be an issue when adopting a baby.

:dead: I can't with these stories anymore. I think women should go through some type of psychological testing or some type of form they have to sign and initial 20 X's stating " IF YOU DONT WANT THIS BABY HAND HIM OVER NOW" before new borns are released to them at the hospital now. This is becoming RIDICULOUS!

I get what you're saying, but then again - the mother could have just left the baby at the hospital. In Philadelphia I see a lot of kids who were obviously adopted (african american/asian) with white parents. I just always assumed for most that race would not be an issue when adopting a baby.
Race is a huge issue when adopting a baby. Most prospective parents want a child that is their same race, but many will "settle" for an Asian baby if that's all that's available.

I have a few guesses as to why, but most aren't politically correct so I'll keep those to myself. Another issue is that the vast majority of domestic adoptions now are open adoptions, and adoptive parents often would really rather have nothing to do with the bio-parents or their families or any possible drama from mama or sperm donor or mama's Aunt Sallie deciding that they want that baby back. With an international adoption from the former USSR or Asia, there's no backsies. Honestly, domestic adoption is rather unpalatable these days to prospective parents due to all the emphasis on a bio-parent's "rights," which in my opinion are given up the second you make the selfless choice to give your child better/more stable/financially secure parents.

:dead: I can't with these stories anymore. I think women should go through some type of psychological testing or some type of form they have to sign and initial 20 X's stating " IF YOU DONT WANT THIS BABY HAND HIM OVER NOW" before new borns are released to them at the hospital now. This is becoming RIDICULOUS!
Won't solve a damn thing. It's not until you're home and it's 3am and the spawn is shrieking and you're exhausted and there's no nurse and all your chicas are out partying while you're stuck at home and your baby daddy done run off that shit gets real.

She seems to be one diabolical bitch. She'll have to live the rest of her life knowing she strangled and watched her baby die.

I'm sitting here looking at my two beautiful children and I just can't fathom hurting them.... In all honesty when I feel like I can't take it I tell the little one in a sing song voice that" I'm gonna fucking feed you to the cat" or "you're a fucking little monster gonna give you to the neighbor" I never act out and I apologize when she settles. But to hurt your baby is disgusting. The only thing that makes me more pissed off is the lack of any real punishment, the light sentanaces these fuckalls get and then the parole for "good behavior" .

woman should have never been able to leave the hospital.

It sounds like she was completely emotionally detached...wonder if she has a personality d/o or worse...how diabolical can u get to strangle ur child...watch him cry...use/or have someone else use a ligature to strangle him...then watch this beautiful baby boy die. I can't wrap my brain around this shit...how does one come up with this shit?? It was planned ahead of time obviously...she knew just where she was gonna go and what she was gonna do by the time she left the hospital.

Warning signs not enough to prevent infant's death
Before and after Nidia Yolibeth Alvarado gave birth at University Hospital on Dec. 20, she displayed many of the warning signs of a mother who might commit infanticide.

Some of the red flags about Alvarado — hiding the pregnancy from relatives, for example — weren't relayed to the hospital, which has policies aimed at identifying and helping moms at risk of hurting their babies or themselves.

Police say Alvarado told them that a day after she was discharged, she strangled her son, known as "Baby Boy Mendoza."
[...]

In the wake of his death, the hospital is taking another look at its safety practices, which are in compliance with state and federal laws, UHS spokeswoman Leni Kirkman said.

"We update policies as needed to follow evidence-based and best-practice guidelines," she told the San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/1dvN7k8). Before being discharged, all mothers are evaluated by a nurse about their well-being and other possible concerns, she said. If their answers or behavior raise red flags, like the lack of prenatal care, the mothers are assessed in greater depth by a social worker.

Because of confidentiality laws, Kirkland could not say whether Alvarado's initial evaluation triggered a visit by a social worker or provide other details about her demeanor during her stay.

Given that she hid her pregnancy, it's likely Alvarado received no prenatal care, which can put the baby and mother at risk.

Alvarado, an undocumented immigrant from Honduras who was deported once in 2006, checked in at the hospital using what turned out to be a false name, Karen Mendoza, and birthday. There was no record of prior contact with a woman by that name, Kirkman said.

UHS asks patients for identification, but "when they come to the hospital without any ... we are required by law to provide emergency medical care," adding that she couldn't disclose whether Alvarado had furnished any type of ID.

Though visitors to the hospital are not monitored, Kirkman said, the staff noted that no one visited Alvarado during her two-day stay and told police that after the baby's body was discovered, an arrest warrant affidavit states.

The prevalence of neonaticide — the killing of a baby in its first few hours or days of life — is unknown, but one study suggests it could be as high as 2.1 births per 100,000.

Women who kill their babies tend to be poor, relatively young, emotionally immature and single. Many lack prenatal care, feel socially isolated and, like Alvarado, hid their pregnancies.

The screening of mothers before discharge from University Hospital includes a check for postnatal depression and questions to determine how things are going in the mother's life — her relationships, other children, employment, support, finances and living arrangements, Kirkman said. It also gauges her coping ability and stress tolerance.

A social worker might become involved when mothers self-disclose a prior history with Child Protective Services. Teen mothers also receive added attention, Kirkman said.

Other red flags include a mother who doesn't appear to be bonding with her baby or one who appears to be untruthful on the screening test, she added.

If a UHS social worker determines a mother may be at risk of harming her baby, CPS may be contacted for a further assessment, Kirkman said.
[...]

In November, Alvarado had asked a friend if she knew how she could administer an abortion on herself, the friend told police later.

After being picked up at the hospital, Alvarado told relatives her son was ill and she wouldn't let them see him. The relatives told police Alvarado said the hospital staff "gave her more medication to kill the baby within two hours."

She requested they take her to an apartment where the baby's father lived so he could help her "take the baby to the morgue when he dies," they told police.
[...]

One way to prevent infanticide is safe-haven, or so called "Baby Moses," laws, which allow parents to safely leave their babies at specific safe locations, such as hospitals and fire stations.

Other strategies are improved sex education and better access to contraception, experts said.

A program at UHS called the Nurse-Family Partnership involves nurses visiting at-risk mothers in the home to offer parenting education and support, but it's limited to first-time mothers, along with other requirements.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/01/22/2985625/warning-signs-not-enough-to-prevent.html

I'm conflicted because I truly believe the government should butt out unless someone's rights are being infringed upon(like this baby's right to live) but then animals like this show me that there are to many sick fucks out there that actually need to be babysat well into adulthood.

That's fact that you can get an abortion for peanuts should have prevented this, if you didn't want a child close your legs, use birth control, or the morning after pill, or abort, or fuck give the kid up for adoption, all of the above are better than murdering a helpless child.

Years before my children I had attemped suicide after recieving an abortion that I didn't want. it was an extremely painful time I'm my life that i almost never talk about, the day after my oldest was born the baby that I had tried for years to conceive a social worker barged in and told me my baby wasn't leaving till it was drug tested, the hospital had gone through my records and saw that I had attempted suicide five years earlier and yet I had not told my obgyn about it. I told them they are welcome to test my child but we are leaving and the next person they speak to is my lawyer.

I was issued a written apologize by the hospital and the woman was fired but I was seriously disturbed by the way I was treated on what was supposed to be one of the best days of my life.

Then there are shit stains like this woman that shouldn't be aloud to breathe let alone have a child.

Won't solve a damn thing. It's not until you're home and it's 3am and the spawn is shrieking and you're exhausted and there's no nurse and all your chicas are out partying while you're stuck at home and your baby daddy done run off that shit gets real.
Oh honey you need to speak at Junior High Schools across the country (was going to say High School but who am I kidding?) All I have to say to this is SAAAAAAANNNNNGGGGG IT SISTA! AMEN!

A San Antonio mother was sentenced to life in prison after she pleaded guilty Thursday to strangling her 3-day-old son and then throwing him in the trash.

Nidia Yolibeth Alvarado admitted tying a ligature around her crying newborn's neck and watching him die before throwing him in the trash, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

Investigators said at the time of her arrest, Alvarado was 25 years old with two children and didn't want any more.

She will have to serve 30 years in prison before she has the possibility of parole.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texa...guilty-strangling-3-day-old-son-trowing-trash

Back