• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I mean sitting in the open window, with the screen off. I would call 911 about that. I am frankly shocked not one pic has shown up yet.

Me thinks she doth protest too much. But besides that- her husband was on the roof the previous day... I bet he forgot to lower the screen... or forgot to lower it all the way. And why would the 3 year old say anyone opened it if no one touched it?

I totally agree about a pic or video being taken ... people take pics of their food, like was stated above, yet no one is producing a photo of toddlers on a roof? Come on... somebody has one.

I don't want innocent parents and children to be separated but I don't think "momma" is providing the best home environment. As if my opinion matters to anyone.

There are many things about this story, and the mother's statement above, that should cause concern for these kids.

According to Detective Twyla DeMoranville of the Child Victim Unit and Spotsylvania Social Services Investigators, the home was in disarray and unsuitable for children to reside in.

my husband was cleaning the gutters the day before
Let me get this straight, the Detective said the house was too filthy for the kids to live in but she wants us to believe that Superdad up there was cleaning the gutters the day before? They can't clean the inside of the house to make it habitable by children but they make sure the gutters are clean? Yeah, right.

Let me get this straight, the Detective said the house was too filthy for the kids to live in but she wants us to believe that Superdad up there was cleaning the gutters the day before? They can't clean the inside of the house to make it habitable by children but they make sure the gutters are clean? Yeah, right.
Hey, as long as it looks good on the outside, no one will even wonder what it looks like on the inside. Duh!!!

It's weird she's like
"My kids can't open the windows, there's too many buttons for then to do it"
And then she's like
"My ten month old opened the window"

As well as says she had a baby monitor and the kids were sound asleep. But then says the 3 year old was playing with a train in the window. How does the story keep changing. And how do you know what the 3 year old was playing with if you were asleep.

It's weird she's like
"My kids can't open the windows, there's too many buttons for then to do it"
And then she's like
"My ten month old opened the window"

She didn't say the ten-month old opened the window. Her three-year old said the ten-month old opened the window. Or at least that is how I read it.

I'm not judging her because the kids were on the roof (or in the window) because kids are lil fuckers who managed to get themselves into or out of places that we don't want them too all the time. I do judge her for being asleep at 10:30 and not taking care of her kids.

I use to work graveyard after my daughter's dad died. Usually, when she woke up she'd come wake me up. Until one day my roommate came home and found my daughter playing outside in the yard with his dog!! She was about 3 or 4 I think. Tricky little girl. We put a chain lock on the top if the door where she couldn't reach and as we were installing it she proudly proclaimed that "She can open that!" She never could but it blows my mind that she opened the door with two locks then a metal door screen too. Atleast my roommates dog was a good girl and never ran away. It's terrifying to think back cuz we live on the corner near a busy 1 way street. I'm surprised the cops didn't get called on me!!

My cat has recently started opening the cat door when I have it covered. I put things in front of it and he painstakingly pushes them aside and takes the cover off the door again. He doesn't even go out. He just wants me to know that I am not the boss of him and he can go out there whenever he wants.

And he doesn't even have thumbs. I shudder to think of all the ways a toddler could fuck my shit up.

Update on this case, they had court Wednesday and after the judge listened to the 911 callers testimony, another witness, and the 3 police officers testimony she determined that there wasn't sufficient evidence to go forward and all charges dropped. Sure this mom made mistakes, but she isn't the worst mother out there by far. And her and her husband both have willfully submitted to drug tests and there was NONE in their system.

Update on this case, they had court Wednesday and after the judge listened to the 911 callers testimony, another witness, and the 3 police officers testimony she determined that there wasn't sufficient evidence to go forward and all charges dropped. Sure this mom made mistakes, but she isn't the worst mother out there by far. And her and her husband both have willfully submitted to drug tests and there was NONE in their system.
Where's the article? How are we supposed to believe this without any real proof?

If there were no drugs in either of their systems, why the fuck didn't they wake up before the cops were in their house?

Okay Ms. Smith
I would like to see either a news report or court document. Since you are new and have only posted this one time, I believe you to be a liar. So, prove me wrong. Please.

And her and her husband both have willfully submitted to drug tests and there was NONE in their system.
Then how does one explain that the house was so filthy that the police stated the house was unfit for children to live in? Sheer laziness? Yeah, that makes it better.

Sure this mom made mistakes, but she isn't the worst mother out there by far.
One of my favorites, yes, she made mistakes, we all have but my parenting mistakes have never ended up in the newspaper or resulted in criminal charges. Usually a tummy-ache from letting them have too much ice cream.

I have just returned from scouring the Internet for an updated article on this couple...nothing. No updates. Nothing saying charges were dropped. At least not that I could find.

Okay Ms. Smith
I would like to see either a news report or court document. Since you are new and have only posted this one time, I believe you to be a liar. So, prove me wrong. Please.

I believe Ms. Smith to be Mrs. Gillikin trying to save face for whoever is naive enough to buy into it.

I have just returned from scouring the Internet for an updated article on this couple...nothing. No updates. Nothing saying charges were dropped. At least not that I could find.

Charges being dropped for a low profile case such as this probably wouldn't be reported to the public, you would have to look up the court records to find that info.

I attempted a half-hearted shot at looking it up but couldn't find anything...someone else can give it a try if they want.
I looked and still didn't find anything. I did find a reckless driving charge of 68 mph in a 45-mph zone for a Nancy Veronica Gillikin in Spotsylvania County in 2010, and overdue fines for failing to provide a dog license and a rabies vaccination in 2012. The court website gave me the option to pay them for her. That's a thing? Wtf. Michael Gillikin also has a couple of minor offense, from 2008 and 2013 (for operating an all-terrain vehicle on a highway!) Assuming it's the same people. But I can't be sure.

This doesn't sound like the charges were dropped..... Just sayin.

A Spotsylvania County couple pleaded guilty to three charges stemming from a January morning incident in which two of their three young children were seen wandering on the roof of their townhouse.

Michael Thomas Gillikin, 27, and Nancy Veronica Gillikin, 28, pleaded guilty to three misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor in Spotsylvania Circuit Court Monday.

Judge Joseph J. Ellis gave the parents a three-year prison sentence with all of that time suspended on the condition of good behavior for five years.

Ellis sternly warned the Gillikins that any additional violations would result in the revocation of the time suspended.

The couple also had been charged with three counts each of child cruelty and child neglect, but those were dropped as part of a plea agreement.

The plea agreement also described conditions in the home, which included discarded cigarette butts and shards of glass on the parents’ bedroom carpet, small screws on the hallway floor and a cockroach in the bathroom.

Deputies also noted that the diapers on all three children were soiled and the girl had a severe diaper rash.

The Gillikins are subject to random visits by the county Department of Social Services during that five-year period and must cooperate with any suggestions social workers have.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_f65799c9-9204-5808-a378-65ba5c840162.html

Really!? All that whining and defending that bitch did and they end up pleading guilty? What a dumbass. I wish the judge would have been harder on her just for talking shit all over the place about how to cops were lying about her and her husband.

I hope they're clean now...like they are, their house is, and they get the kids some parachutes

if they're going to let them hang out on the roof. (just kidding about that last part there).

I loved hanging out with my brothers on the garage roof when I was a kid.

Back