• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...s-brand-new-wing-causing-300g-in-damages.html

The Oregonian reported Tuesday that Roosevelt High School’s basketball coach discovered that water had burst through multiple floors of the school’s new wing. For over two hours, the water had been pouring down the new hallways, down its elevator and into offices and classrooms.

Roosevelt Principal Filip Hristic said that the six classrooms and six bathrooms are unusable for a few weeks. One class is being held in a food pantry and another in a conference room, The Oregonian reported.

The Oct. 15 flooding damage is estimated to cost the North Portland school $300,000 and is now being blamed on teens from a visiting camp.

Hristic said that video surveillance footage shows teenagers turning on an emergency shower in a science room, defacing a whiteboard and spraying a fire extinguisher in a classroom. The teens were at the school for a basketball camp that the school had hosted. He added that he believes the students don’t attend Roosevelt and the damage was done on purpose.

"We just got all this new stuff and it's just ridiculous," one student told Fox 12.

The school had recently put in the new wing in a $92 million bond-funded rebuild of the school that had been long overdue.

Out of all the classes at Roosevelt, a science class was hit the hardest in the alleged vandalism. Joel Hanawait told The Oregonian that the vandals sprayed the fire extinguisher all over the equipment.

He added that there was no way to do a science experiment in the space that his class was relocated to.

Portland police have identified suspects in the vandalism and are not releasing the surveillance footage, Sgt. Pete Simpson said.

Students have been told that repairs would finish within three to four weeks.

Glad they were dumb enough to get fucking caught on video surveillance. I'd murder my kid if he caught up in this kind of nonsense. Jesus.

Man, my ass would be black and blue if I'd tried that stunt as a kid. As a matter of fact, I would have done anything to avoid going home at all. I would have been shitting myself about the consequences.

300k of malicious damage to public/community property, huh?

OK. So hit the parents with the repair bill. Factor into the invoicing quote the reduced cost in labour - and the guilty can suspend their education and sports and personal lives for a few months and learn some carpentry z plumbing and electrical work and all the rest. Be unpaid, forced apprentices. Do all the manual labour.

Added bonus that these deadshits will at least have some useful skills when they turn 18 so they can get a job and contribute to society.

If that's too hard for the little Snowflake's, then chain them together and ship them out to a crumbling freeway in rural America and they can break up crumbling bitumen and work on a roadside renovation project. Again, excellent skills for the future.

And a way to repay their debt to the community and to society.

learn some carpentry z plumbing and electrical work and all the rest. Be unpaid, forced apprentices. Do all the manual labour.

Nope they might break a nail and then their families will sue for $100,000,000, can't teach the little shits a practical lesson since they might hurt themselves. Good kids with competent parents wouldn't have acted like this to start with. They would have known better.

Hold the vandals accountable and pay for the repairs.
If it takes the rest of their lives.
Make an example of them.

So much for any aspirations they may have had to play college or pro basketball; they'll be heading for the local vo-tech, or just asking "You wanna super-size that?" in their dazzling future careers.

they'll be heading for the local vo-tech, or just asking "You wanna super-size that?" in their dazzling future careers.

I doubt they're that ambitious or industrious probably gonna stay in mama's basement crying about how everybody hates them and won't give them a chance.

When I was in HS, a few buddies and I traveled to a rival HS late one evening and painted a statue of the school mascot pink (The rival mascot was a panther).

One of the wussies we brought along ratted on the rest of us and we were dealt with appropriately. We had to pay for new paint, specified by the County BOE Building Services Division (pretty expen$ive stuff for penniless turds like us) and repaint the thing ourselves under the direction of the Principal.

He suggested to some of his students to stop by and "encourage" us to work hard and do a good job also. It was, all in all, a very effective deterrent. The panther-painting thing had been a loose tradition of sorts for years and I never recall hearing of it performed again since.

Never be able to get away with that sort of thing these days. The potential liability of forcing kids to climb up on a ladder and paint a large statue would probably prohibit it. It's a shame we've progressed beyond the application of such a simple and elegant solution to the timeless problem of smartass brats who really need the shit knocked out of them.

Oh yeah! when my oldest was about 4, he wrote all over the living room wall with a magic marker, I made him stand there for about 30 minutes scrubbing at the wall with a rag, I never had another problem with him writing on the wall. Of course, it didn't come off, it was permanent.

When I graduated high school in 2007 a bunch of graduates spray painted a penis on the roof of the administration building. I love those guys although I don't know who did it. I'm pretty sure its been featured here.
But here it is on another site once a news station flying in the area spotted it and let the school know what was what. I think its funny coz I'm a graduate of the school so a lot of people wont get the "penis near the penis" joke. But overall its hilarious coz who does this shit?

Back