• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
705Two4.jpg
Police say a DeKalb County mother suffocated her 3-year-old daughter.

The little girl, Lela Bemis, was found unresponsive Sunday night in the family's unit at the Landmark at Mountain View apartments on Russwood Avenue.

According to the arrest warrant, investigators believe that Meriel Bemis, 21, suffocated the girl with a pillow because she was upset that her boyfriend was breaking up with her.

Police said that Bemis had a fight with her boyfriend, with whom she shares an apartment unit. He left and then Bemis allegedly called him to come back. When he returned, he found the little girl unresponsive in the bathroom, according to police.
http://www.11alive.com/News/Crime/322531/445/3-year-old-girl-found-dead-mother-charged
Police said it all started with an argument between the child's mother Meriel Bemis and her boyfriend. The argument prompted her boyfriend to leave the home. That's when officers said Bemis called her boyfriend and told him the child was unconscious.

"Once he returned, she was in there hovered over the child. He could see that the child was not responsive. He tried to revive her but couldn't," Alexander said.

Police said Lela was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
[...]

Police aren't saying if the argument played a role in the child's death.

"Is it fair to say the baby was in a healthy state prior to (the boyfriend) leaving?" asked Channel 2's Tom Jones.

"I think that would be a fair statement to make," Alexander replied.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/dekalb-mom-charged-toddlers-death/ndZh9/

rmgdoYs.jpg

I'll bet she created an "emergency" to get the boyfriend to come back, not sure whether she intended to kill the baby or not, but doesn't really matter cause she did. What a waste of an absolutely beautiful child to be used as a pawn in her mother's dysfunction!

She wanted to get attention. She wanted him back and knew he would be back if he said the girl was hurt? Why couldn't she just lie about it though? The thoughts that must of ran through the poor little girls head? this is her mother!!!

I don't understand this. Maybe she was crying for her Daddy and wouldn't stop? He did leave and they were arguing before.
Fuck this immature bitch.

They keep referring to him as "the boyfriend" rather than the child's father. I wonder if that means he wasn't her daddy - in which case it's even sadder that "the boyfriend", who is usually the player in these dramas that causes the injuries, was the one to try and save her.

These young women and the attention whore syndrome is UNREAL, walking to the store, some chick is WAILING, a young man walking about 200 ft ahead of her, she stops the minute I ask her if she's ok, and continues to follow him. I was STUNNED. She actually was trying to get him to walk back to her by FAKE WAILING as loud as she could! This woman looks absolutely crazy in her picture, I wonder with the young women today exactly how often this type of thing happens, accidentally on purpose...

I don't understand this. Maybe she was crying for her Daddy and wouldn't stop? He did leave and they were arguing before.
I don't think it had anything to do with the child. I think she was trying to create an "emergency" that would draw her object of desire back into her arms and it went to far.

The normal response to an unconscious kid is to call 911... not call the dude who broke up with you to tell him to come back home.

A DeKalb County mother pleaded guilty on Thursday to murdering her 3-year-old daughter after breaking up with her boyfriend, according to the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office.

Meriel Bemis, who was 21-year-old at the time of the murder, accepted a life sentence before DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory A. Adams for suffocating daughter Lela Bemis on Feb. 23, 2014.

"As a mother, I could not begin to understand how and why [Meriel] would take the life of her innocent child in such a vicious way," said Assistant District Attorney Elizabeth Dalia Racine, who served as lead prosecutor in the case. "As the prosecutor in this case, I fought for the child who no longer has a voice and for the child whose future was snatched from her by the acts of her very own mother."

http://www.cbs46.com/story/26508910/mother-sentenced-to-life-for-suffocating-3-year-old-daughter

Back