• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
EEH.jpg

Eric Eugene Hartwell, 46, who was convicted of raping his neighbor's 6-year-old daughter and of trying to rape a pregnant teen five years later, was apprehended in Carrollton, Texas, around noon after a short chase on foot.

"Mr. Hartwell was not very happy to be going back to jail," said Senior Inspector Tom Lanier, who heads the regional U.S. Marshals Service's efforts to apprehend sex offenders under the new Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act.

Lanier said that Hartwell will be prosecuted in federal court this time.

That will ensure that Hartwell will receive a longer prison sentence and that he will be under extremely strict supervision once he's released, Lanier said.

Lanier said that Hartwell was captured because he followed the same habits he has used in the past, traveling from state to state to avoid having to register as a sex offender.

"Mr. Hartwell has a routine," Lanier said. "He has ways he likes to travel, places he likes to stay and ways he likes to work, but he made a mistake because you can't fix stupid."

Lanier would not specify the mistake Hartwell made that led to his capture.

He was released from custody again on March 13 and fitted with a GPS monitor, according to the Department of Corrections (DOC).

According to DOC officials, GPS locaters are designed to be cut off in case of a medical emergency. But the locaters also transmit a signal to the offender's DOC field office that it has been tampered with.

"Without GPS, we probably would not have known for several days that Hartwell had left the area," said DOC Secretary Eldon Vail. "This is a case in which the locator did exactly what it's designed to do."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008974628_webhartwell02m.html

"Mr. Hartwell was not very happy to be going back to jail," said Senior Inspector Tom Lanier, who heads the regional U.S. Marshals Service's efforts to apprehend sex offenders under the new Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act.

Well, duh.

"Mr. Hartwell has a routine," Lanier said. "He has ways he likes to travel, places he likes to stay and ways he likes to work, but he made a mistake because you can't fix stupid."

Lanier would not specify the mistake Hartwell made that led to his capture.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will ensure that Hartwell will receive a longer prison sentence and that he will be under extremely strict supervision once he's released, Lanier said.

He raped a 6-year old and tried to rape a pregnant teen. He removed his GPS ankle bracelet.

Extremely strict supervision once he's released? He had a GPS device. What are they thinking? One-on-one supervision?

Maybe we need to make sure the perv doesn't get out again -- or that he's so old when he does get out that it's not an issue. That being said, I'm not sure how old that would be since we've seen some pretty old perverts still busy commiting crimes here on D'D.

Maybe we need to make sure the perv doesn't get out again -- or that he's so old when he does get out that it's not an issue. That being said, I'm not sure how old that would be since we've seen some pretty old perverts still busy commiting crimes here on D'D.

A pair of sharp scissors might work.

scissors.jpg

DciQAyV.jpg

Federal authorities have issued a reward for the convicted child rapist who cut off his GPS bracelet and disappeared in Denver.

Eric Eugene Hartwell, 51, was convicted of raping a child in 1991 and attempted indecent liberties in 1996. According to the state sex offender registry, he is registered in Denver at 2765 S. Federal Blvd., unit 307.

That address corresponds to an Independence House location where offenders live.

According to a 2010 Department of Justice press release, Hartwell cut off his GPS ankle bracelet and escaped from authorities in Washington State during March of 2009. He was recaptured by U.S. Marshals more than a week later in Texas.
[...]

The Department of Corrections confirms to 7NEWS Hartwell was paroled in Colorado for failing to register as a sex offender on 12/20/2013. It only took him two months before he left the Independence House in Denver and cut off his tracking bracelet. The Department of Corrections said authorities began searching for the fugitive 22 minutes later. Authorities said Hartwell was also on federal probation for previous sex crimes and was ordered to a lifetime of federal supervision. Neither the DOC nor federal investigators could definitively say who was in charge of monitoring his ankle bracelet.
[...]

Colorado records indicate Hartwell was previously convicted of failure to register as a sex offender in Clear Creek County and a Seattle Times article includes details of Hartwell's convictions during the 1990s. It says the child he raped was just 6-years old and that the other crime had to do with the attempted rape of a pregnant 17-year-old he picked up hitchhiking.

Although the warrant for Hartwell was issued Friday evening, no public alert was issued about Hartwell's escape until about 90 minutes after 7NEWS' initial publication of this report. That was when Denver Police sent a tweet confirming Hartwell was wanted on "a nationwide felony warrant for parole violation sex assault." The department added that the Colorado Department of Corrections is handling the case and should handle any future questions.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-in-denver-may-have-cut-off-tracking-bracelet
The U.S. Marshals Service is offering a substantial reward for help in finding the convicted child rapist with a history of fleeing and refusing to register with authorities, but they haven't released an exact amount. Spokesman Charlie Ahmad said Hartwell is considered to be violent and has resisted capture before.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_25217406/search-escaped-sex-offender-focused-denver

I don't understand what the judges are thinking when they release child rapist/molestors. Do they really believe that the man has changed his ways? OFF these MF's ASAP! that is the only solution. By releasing them we are basically putting yet another child's life in danger!

There needs to be a lifetime offenders registry or something for these fucks. A way to hold them after they have served their time, to protect the, innocent seeing as we can't kill him. Something I totally don't understand by the way.
I hope someone shoots him.

There needs to be a lifetime offenders registry
Many of them are lifetime registrants, the problem is that they don't bother to register. The length of time that they have to register is based on their crimes and the number of times they have been caught. It's great in theory but the reality is that they are cold-blooded criminals who already had no regard for the law so following the law that says they have to register for life isn't likely to happen. Then they get caught not registering, get another sentence and get out and don't register again. It's a cycle because our punishments are crap for sex crimes. We need to punish then right the first time, PUNISH not try to rehabilitate then ship them into civil commitment or something.

What a beautiful, beautiful thought this FINE morning, a pedo's head exploding, brought a smile to my face I tell ya.. MAYBE JUST MAYBE, the fucking cockroaches will think we mean business FINALLY! Don't get me wrong, I love our Country and believe in our justice system, but its time to stop with the silly BS and start seriously taking care of REAL ISSUES, stay out of women's bodies and lets work on the pedophile issue shall we? I think exploding GPS locators are a SPLENDID IDEA!

Captured 1,700 miles away:
A convicted child sex offender who fled Colorado after shedding an ankle monitor was captured on the East Coast Friday morning.

Eric Hartwell was taken into custody at a motel in Norfolk, Va., by the U.S. Marshals Service, according to a media release from the U.S. Justice Department.

Hartwell took off from a Denver halfway house on Feb. 21 and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Deputy marshals and other officers broke down a motel room door after Hartwell refused to open it. He was taken into custody without further incident.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25247430/convicted-child-rapist-from-denver-caught-virginia

Eric Hartwell was taken into custody at a motel in Norfolk, Va., by the U.S. Marshals Service, according to a media release from the U.S. Justice Department.
Hartwell took off from a Denver halfway house on Feb. 21 and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

he should have never been let loose, those animals will never change

He looks like a rapist. Like, if I saw him, I would be afraid. I don't know what it is. He just has that look on his face or something...

Probably should've just thrown his ass in prison to begin with. Would've saved every one a lot of trouble... Just sayin'.

Eric Eugene Hartwell, age 53, of Denver, Colorado, was sentenced last Friday U.S. District Court Judge Philip A. Brimmer to serve 120 months (10 years) in federal prison, followed by 5 years on supervised release for escape and failure to register as a sex offender, U.S. Attorney John Walsh and U.S. Marshal Ken Deal announced. The sentence is the result of a guilty verdict following a four-day jury trial. The jury deliberated for approximately over two hours before reaching their verdicts. Hartwell, who was in custody, was remanded at the conclusion of the hearing. The defendant was indicted by a federal grand jury in Denver on July 22, 2014, and found guilty following the jury trial on August 13, 2015.

One of the factors for the lengthy sentence was the defendant’s previous criminal history. In addition to the convictions noted above, Hartwell was convicted on September 11, 1991, of the felony of Rape of a Child in the First Degree in the Snohomish County Superior Court in the state of Washington. The conviction was a result of Hartwell having sexual contact with a six-year-old child in his neighborhood. Hartwell was also convicted on September 1, 1996, of Attempted Indecent Liberties and Sex Offender Failure to Register in the Skagit County Superior Court in the state of Washington. This conviction was a result of Hartwell picking up a pregnant teenage hitchhiker and telling her that he was going to rape her; she was able to escape from the car after fighting him off. This is the Hartwell’s fifth conviction for an offense involving the failure to register as a sex offender.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-co/pr/...ison-escape-and-failure-register-sex-offender

Back