• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Thursday, 30 Jul 2009, 12:41 AM MDT

TUCUMCARI, N.M. (KRQE)
- Scott Simpson is Tucumcari's recreation director, but on Wednesday he was strapping on a gun to protect his daughter from her ex-boyfriend furloughed from jail by a sympathetic judge.

Two days after Moses Earl Ingram walked out of jail on a promise to behave Anber Simpson was brutally beaten at her home. She’s too scared to go on camera.

“We've got her in hiding in a safe house," her father said. "I'm armed around her all the time.

"He's still saying he's bound to kill her.”

According to police Ingram attacked Simpson in April, pulled her in the house by her hair, body slammed her, choked her and repeatedly punched her in the face. Prosecutors charged Ingram with kidnapping, assault and battery.

In May, he bonded out of jail; he was not to have any contact with the victim. The next day though, she said he started harassing her by phone at the convenience store where she worked saying if he was going to go to jail, he was going to "make it worth it."

Police threw him back in jail.

This isn't Ingram's first brush with the law. Earl Ingram has a lengthy arrest record for violent assaults against women.

Still, on July 9, Ingram wrote a letter begging the judge to let him out of jail to see his son and daughter. At a hearing last week, Judge Albert Mitchell granted Ingram a two-week furlough, no guards, no ankle monitor, simply a promise to behave.

The judge ordered house arrest and told him to stay away from Simpson.

But last week, two days after he got out, Simpson said he attacked her again, this time breaking several bones in her face and nearly killing her. She was able to hit the car alarm button on her keys, and the alarm alerted neighbors.

“By the time I got to my door he was dragging her by the hair back across the street," neighbor Lendy Borden told KRQE News 13. He yelled for his wife to call police.

“I hollered at her and said, 'There's blood everywhere; tell them to hurry,” Scott said. “It's traumatic that day, and then you find out she's going to live, there's a big relief there.

"That's when the questions and anger comes to play. She knew he was going to come after her, and she didn’t get a chance to state that.”

It wasn't until the day after the hearing that Simpson found out about it, and that shouldn't have happened. The law says it's the district attorney's responsibility to notify the victim before any hearing.

Quay county District Attorney Ronald Reeves won't talk about it. Asked if Simpson was notified about the hearing or notified about Ingram's release, he twice answered, "No comment."

The law also requires the judge to protect the rights of victims, and the state statute requires the judge to ask if the victim is present in court. If not, he must ask the district attorney if the victim was notified.

If the answer is again no, the judge is supposed to either reschedule the hearing or delay his ruling.

Mitchell told News 13 over the phone that he regrets releasing Ingram from jail.

"I am very upset," the judge said. "I issued a bench warrant as soon as I heard about what happened. I have empathy for the victim."

Ingram is still on the run, and that scares the hell out of the Simpson family.

“You live in fear for your daughter and see those fears play out," Scott Simpson said. "It's terrifying.”

Anyone with information on Moses Earl Ingram's whereabouts is asked to call police.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/...fails_brutalized_stalking_victim_200907300041
20k20l5.jpg

Last edited:
Fuck...I hope they catch him quickly....and she is somewhere on a deserted island, healing. I cant even imagine this fathers fear for his daughter.

Isnt he scary and plain evil looking???Hope they have her hidden good boy b/c this guys not going to stop until one of them is dead,

What are the odds that if the father had killed him when he came after her, he wouldn't be given a 2 week furlough if he promised to behave.
I hope he does shoot to kill if the cops don't pick him up first, though.

This whole thing has lawsuit written all over it.

What are the odds that if the father had killed him when he came after her, he wouldn't be given a 2 week furlough if he promised to behave.
I hope he does shoot to kill if the cops don't pick him up first, though.

This whole thing has lawsuit written all over it.

That's what I thought.

I also thought that perhaps if the father does wind up shooting him, this is proof that there would have been a kill-or-die and therefore maybe give the father immunity in case of a killing.

This is one of those what-if questions that hubby and I talk about. He says he worries about me because he doesn't think I"ll kill anyone if they're "only" hurting me. He's probably right--but I would rip anyone from muscle to bone if they were trying to harm one of mine. I imagine this father is the same way, and if this occurs, I hope he won't be charged. Probably he wouldn't, but if there IS any silver linings to the beating after release, they are that 1) she lived, and 2) now the judge knows that this guy is untrustworthy. I wonder what criteria he used on release... did he make the guy swear with a cherry on top? *rolleyes*

Stupid judges are 1/2 the problem, why in hell with all his previous, would a judge let this asshole out. And I'm not saying this because of hindsight, this guys record says it.

He should be sent to House Arrest at the judge's home. Dimwit just required the turd to behave. You tell a toddler, to behave. You do not give the benefit of the doubt to a repeated offender. Gosh this story has all kinds of wrong on it.

Someone needs to lock up that ugly looking pug, oh I mean man. Sorry to the pug breed if I offended them.

Almost a Funeral, Victim's Father Says UPDATED
Writing from a jail cell in Tucumcari, Moses Earl Ingram pleaded with a judge to release him so he could visit with his two children before they had to return to Texas for the start of school.
"I promise if given this chance I will not let you or the courts down(.) please my kids are my everything(.) I'm not a monster," Ingram wrote in a letter to state District Judge Albert Mitchell Jr.
"I'm tired of this life," he added. "... I just want something I never had (and) that's a chance."
Some may have been unmoved by Ingram's letter seeking a furlough, and for good reason. Ingram, 31, has domestic violence convictions for assault, battery and more. He likes to drink and has a jealous streak. He's a big man, a few inches over 6 feet and weighing something close to 250 pounds.
By now, you're probably already thinking this story isn't going to end well. You're correct. It ends with a woman severely beaten and in hiding, and the accused felon who's "not a monster" on the run.
When he wrote the letter, Ingram was awaiting trial on assault and other felony charges in two more domestic violence cases, as well as trial on battery and other misdemeanor charges in a third case.
Also, he had been tossed back into jail after a previous release on bond because he had contacted one of his alleged victims in violation of a court order.
But despite that previous violation and the laundry list of past convictions and pending charges, Ingram found a sympathetic ear in Judge Mitchell, elected to the bench last year.
The judge could have forwarded Ingram's letter to the man's lawyer and the District Attorney's Office without acting on the request for release.
Instead, Mitchell decided to hold a hearing on the letter. "I considered it a motion," he said.
The hearing was held July 21. Mitchell heard about the pending charges and Ingram's previous violation while out on bond for contacting one of his alleged victims — sometime-girlfriend Amber Simpson.
Alleged victims are supposed to get notice of such hearings in case they want to be heard about safety and other concerns, but Simpson and another woman who said she was beaten up by Ingram weren't notified. Mitchell was told that.
In the end, the rookie judge decided to let Ingram out of jail. No bond. No ankle bracelet. Nada.
Ingram was told he could leave his home only from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. to visit his kids. He had to return to jail on Aug. 4. He was warned again not to have contact with Simpson.
Ingram was released from jail on the furlough July 22. Two days later, police got a call that Ingram was beating Simpson at her home in Tucumcari.
Police say that when they arrived, Ingram fled in Simpson's car. A chase ensued. Ingram crashed the car but ran. Simpson was found in the back seat, her clothing soaked in blood.
Simpson told police that Ingram said he was going to kill her. He was well on his way.
The woman's father, Scott Simpson, says his daughter suffered a fractured nose, broken face bones, bruises, a bite mark and more.
"Her head was swollen up like a basketball for several days," the father said. If police hadn't been called to Simpson's home, he said, "We'd be going to a funeral."
Ingram is still on the loose and facing a bucketload of new charges, including attempted murder and kidnapping.
Reached by telephone while on vacation this week, Mitchell declined to say exactly why he decided to release Ingram.
But he noted that Ingram was facing "serious charges but no first-degree murders."
He added: "I understand the victim's family is upset. ... Sometimes we're right. Sometimes we're wrong. If you have a crystal ball to send me, I'll use it."
Scott Simpson said his daughter is recovering and "doing much better now." He said she declined to be interviewed and is in hiding.
The Simpson family is angry, and a lot of that anger is directed at Mitchell.
"I hate to call the guy an idiot, but it reeks of idiocy," the father said. "I can't see what he was thinking."
To be sure, judges have to make tough decisions and domestic violence cases can be particularly difficult. But Mitchell had some easy choices in this case.
He didn't have to hold a hearing based on Ingram's letter. He could have postponed the hearing until the man's alleged victims had a chance to be heard on whether the man should be furloughed.
Mitchell could have kept Ingram in jail (children are permitted to visit). He also could have allowed the man — under the supervision of a sheriff's deputy — to meet with his kids outside the jail.
The judge said that after learning Ingram had allegedly beaten Simpson while out on the furlough, he went into his office on the first day of his vacation to sign an arrest warrant for the man.
Now that was a good choice
http://www.abqjournal.com/upfront/01235151upfront08-01-09.htm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Clovis Police Arrest Man Wanted in Tucumcari for Attempted Murder
Moses Earl Ingram had been fugitive since police say he beat Tucumcari woman on July 24

Clovis police arrested a man Monday afternoon who is wanted in Tucumcari for attempted murder, the Clovis News Journal reported.

Clovis police Capt. Patrick Whitney said Moses Earl Ingram, 31, is in custody, the newspaper reported.

The News Journal said Ingram is wanted in Tucumcari for the attempted murder of Amber Simpson, 27, of Tucumcari on July 24 as well as other felony counts.

"It is a great relief for our family," Scott Simpson, Amber's father, said of Ingram's arrest. "We were excited when we found out. Our lives can finally go back to normal."

While awaiting trial on charges he assaulted Amber Simpson in April, Ingram was released twice from the Quay County Detention Center, according to the newspaper.

The first time, he was released on an own-recognizance bond by Magistrate Judge Joel Garnett after his April arrest, the News Journal said. Records show Garnett revoked the bond May 23 after Simpson filed complaints accusing Ingram of threatening her.

The second time, Ingram was released on July 21 by District Court Judge Albert J. Mitchell for two weeks so he could visit his children, records show, but was ordered to "stay away" from Simpson. On July 24, police say Ingram beat Simpson, leaving her bloody in the car he used to elude police, the newspaper reported
http://www.abqjournal.com/abqnews/a...wanted-in-tucumcari-for-attempted-murder.html

This is amber and even tho 7 years has passed i am once again fearing his release. right now this man sits in a county jail awaiting the same judge to hear an appeal for his case this judge released him to attack me, sat on the trial and after my family's campaign to have him removed was removed and then put right back in his chair by the states governor is gonna also hear the appeal and be able to ( if he sees it fit) release him again in the blink of an eye. im scared to death i cant believe this justice system may just fail me once again.

This is amber and even tho 7 years has passed i am once again fearing his release. right now this man sits in a county jail awaiting the same judge to hear an appeal for his case this judge released him to attack me, sat on the trial and after my family's campaign to have him removed was removed and then put right back in his chair by the states governor is gonna also hear the appeal and be able to ( if he sees it fit) release him again in the blink of an eye. im scared to death i cant believe this justice system may just fail me once again.
I'm sorry<3
Have you wrote a letter to the judge.

What was he ultimately convicted of/sentenced? Did they not get attempted murder?

I don't see how such a judge doesn't remove himself from the case. Even if he makes the right call, it will surely open the door for some slimeball defense attorney to file an appeal. How can a man in such a position not be biased?

Any word on what the DA is up to? Did he face any negative repurcussions for his fuck up?

Oh and if he does get out, an internet/social media presence is a great and often easy way to track someone down, as i'd hope you're well aware. Just a friendly tip/reminder.

And if you or your dad shoots him to death, can you please be sure to get it on camera and post it here asap. I've been trying to get members here to commit a murder for so long now and as much as all the asswipes here talk a big game, no one has yet to do it, at least not do it and make a cool thread about it. Thanks.

Judge Mitchell should be sharing a jail cell right alongside Moses the crazy, violent asshole.

The thing is, this Mitchell character made the decision to release a violent male from jail without any safeguards whatsoever and thus, with a clear and complete disregard for the victim and the victims basic human right to be safe. The Judge did so, from a position of extreme authority in society.

Given the victim suffered further at the hands of the accused after the Judge made that disastrously idiotic decision, the Judge should be held accountable for the consequences of his actions. He's a Judge. He is a supreme authority. His decision led to a horrific situation occurring for an innocent woman.

He is no more above the law than Moses the menacing looking fucktard. But apparently he gets to just wipe it off the table with a shrug and a 'hey, sometimes you make a bad decision'.

If I, as a citizen make a bad decision in ANY WAY that results in another citizen being terrorized and violently injured as a result of my actions - I'll be charged for it. Now, why someone who holds a position of supreme authority in his community gets to dodge that, I'll never know.

Judge Mitchell should be in jail with Moses. Since the judiciary would NEVER set that kind of murky precedent against themselves - then at the very least, Mitchell should be permanently banned from sitting as a Judge in any capacity. And should be held liable for restitution to the victim.

For God's sake. He took a look at a terrified woman, at the charges (and evidence) laid against Moses and decided to let him out of jail, completely at his own recognizance without any safeguards of any kind, swallowing some stupid sob story.

The community deserve far better than someone so utterly moronic making judgements and decisions on their behalf. He is not fit to hold that position of authority - based solely on his own actions.
[doublepost=1477477249,1477476656][/doublepost]

Sweetheart, I am sorry that you were so badly let down by the people who are paid extraordinarily well to protect you.

If I were you (and your family), I would be making an utter meal of this and the situation that this Judge has put you in.

Get it on social media, get it to the media. Drag in every politician and activist group around. Whip up an absolute storm and get the public aware of the circumstances and behind you all the way.

Look at that little skeevey animal, Brock Turner. He got an easy ride from the abysmal Judge presiding over his trial. And look what happened with the public being aware of the case and throwing their support behind the victim.

Do not rest til you have achieved an utter shitstorm. Because, based on that Judge's prior actions and behaviours, you need to protect yourself. I'm terribly sorry to say that this Judge has proven with word and deed that he will not protect you.

Fight hard and loud. And don't quit til so much pressure is applied that you eventually see the outcome in this that you deserve. You may even get a high profile solicitor willing to take this on and help you out if you get enough support and attention highlighted. Then sue. Sue the bastards. Nothing makes a public servant or politician sit up and take notice more, then when hit with a huge civil suit and a storm of public opinion backing it.

You absolutely have the right to live your life without fear. Unfortunately, thanks to the system, you have to fight for that right. Fight hard and don't give up.

I'll be rooting for you, all the way from Australia. Be strong. Don't let these animals get you down. Xx

Back