• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
3329g0w.jpg

Anna Wurtzburger, 64, of Hopewell Junction in the Hudson Valley, filed a $20 million suit against the company, CBS New York reported.

She claims the ads mislead hungry families into thinking they are buying a bucket overflowing with chicken. She says the amount provided is actually much smaller than that.

Take a look at one such ad below

Wurtzburger told the NY Post that she bought a $20 bucket over the summer, and found it barely halfway full when she got home.

"I came home and said, 'Where's the chicken?' I thought I was going to have a couple of meals," she told The Post.

"That's false advertising, and it doesn't feed the whole family," she told The Post. "They're small pieces!"

Wurtzburger was offered $70 worth of coupons for her complaint, but refused them and told CBS that her lawsuit is about "the principle of the matter.

Wurtzberger has been in the news before. In 2012, she was charged with 41 counts of animal cruelty after police found 200 cats and three dogs in her Hopewell Junction home

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/news/..._over_false_20_chicken_bucket_commercial.html

I read about this the other day.

What on earth gives her such a sense of entitlement that she thinks hitting them with a lawsuit for such an obscene amount, is appropriate?

If she's unhappy - take it back and complain. And either get a refund or request they top it up to match the advertising.

That's it. She didn't eat raw chicken and somehow wound up with millions of dollars of medical bills. She has suffered no real cost as a result of this.

I can't stand vexatious litigiousness. Its shameful. I'm not supporting shitty old KFC here, you couldn't pay me to buy or eat their crap. But she is a greedy little whiner. And attention seeker. Harden up sweetheart.

The thing that stood out to me was that she said that bucket of grease wasn't enough for two meals.

How fucking much does the lunatic eat?

8 pieces of chicken, 2 large mashed potatoes and gravy, a large cole slaw, and 4 biscuits .........

:vomit::penguin:

"...told CBS that her lawsuit is about "the principle of the matter."
Literately lmao!
She should have taken the $70.00 worth of coupons and filled her bottomless stomach bucket a few times for free.
The principle of the matter is that this case won't make it past "motion to dismiss, your Honor", and she'll be paying attorney's fees for both sides, plus court costs.
She'll wished she have choked on a chicken bone before it's all said, done, and deducted from her checking account.

She's not the brightest bulb, is she. My son discovered the huge discrepancy between advertising and reality by the time he was six. After getting that first toy that turned out to be crap, he was pointing out the flaws on all the toy commercials, ha ha.

Gross!
[doublepost=1477444680,1477444526][/doublepost]

This happened to me at Dairy Queen ... with the funnel cake. Assholes.

OMG I saw someone walk by with one of those the other day - looks like the BIGGEST rip off EVER... That thing wouldnt fill up my 7 yo... he could prob eat 3 of em... so NOT worth the price!

What about that serving of onion rings at Burger King that looks like an overflowing Thanksgiving cornucopia in the advert, and the order turns out to be a little paper sleeve of onion fragments pressed into a rings?

I read about this the other day.

What on earth gives her such a sense of entitlement that she thinks hitting them with a lawsuit for such an obscene amount, is appropriate?

If she's unhappy - take it back and complain. And either get a refund or request they top it up to match the advertising.

That's it. She didn't eat raw chicken and somehow wound up with millions of dollars of medical bills. She has suffered no real cost as a result of this.

I can't stand vexatious litigiousness. Its shameful. I'm not supporting shitty old KFC here, you couldn't pay me to buy or eat their crap. But she is a greedy little whiner. And attention seeker. Harden up sweetheart.
Listen here sarahdownunder!their popcorn chicken is so delicious. Id pay u to try that! Lol And the chicken really did shrink!! Its no lie but this lawsuit is bogus just like the person suing mcdonalds for makin them fat!

She needs to get hit with a kfc truck then if she survives. . sue them. I stress if due to personal wishful hopes of not surviving at all due to her being a complete fucking dumbass!

What about that serving of onion rings at Burger King that looks like an overflowing Thanksgiving cornucopia in the advert, and the order turns out to be a little paper sleeve of onion fragments pressed into a rings?

Nope i don't like burger king. they have the worst fries on the planet.

Listen here sarahdownunder!their popcorn chicken is so delicious. Id pay u to try that! Lol And the chicken really did shrink!! Its no lie but this lawsuit is bogus just like the person suing mcdonalds for makin them fat!

She needs to get hit with a kfc truck then if she survives. . sue them. I stress if due to personal wishful hopes of not surviving at all due to her being a complete fucking dumbass!

Ha ha I tried that crap once. It was like little chunks of cardboard coated in batter lol. :D

I personally LOVE the pickles at McDonalds. I'm always asking for double pickles on a cheeseburger whenever I drive thru for a junk food snack. And 70% of the fucking time, the dipshit teenage kid on the hamburger line skims my order sees there's a 'change' to the pickle part of the order and automatically assumes I want NO pickles. So I get a cheeseburger without any pickles. Bends my head. Happens a lot. According to this woman though - I'm the idiot for not suing for an amount of cash that would set me up for life, all because I'm missing out on my beloved pickles.

If this all isn't a giant dose of first world problems, then I don't know what is. And frankly, Pensioner Patty up there needs a reality check. Even with the massively disappointing smaller bucket of chicken she received - looking at the energy/calorie count of even just one piece of KFC - she's getting several meals straight up out of a bucket of KFC. Its not anyone else's problem if she wants to binge eat her way through 6 days worth of utter shit junk food in 'a couple of meals'.

Add some vegetables. A lot of them, PP. You won't be living long enough to spend your litigious windfall, should you win, if you think pigging out on even half a bucket of KFC, over a couple of meals is a good idea.

Its KFC. How can you get to her age and not realize that volume is a very different thing to actual calorie density? Its a miracle she's not already half dead from diabetes and heart disease given her notions on eating.

When i order a fry from bk... I ALWAYS get about 2 or 3 onion rings mixed in... It is ridiculous . Maybe i should sue them by sayin i ordered a late nite fry.. Started eatin my fries out of the bag and then i ate a onion ring that i had no clue was in my order of xxxl fries! which i am highly highly alergic to! I almost died! Maybe i can get rich that way?? Just a thought

Nope i don't like burger king. they have the worst fries on the planet.
Ah, but I'm talking about the onion rings. Pressed onion fragments coated with old bread crumbs - the flavor of disappointment.
Gotta make your own if you want a satisfying onion ring.
If this all isn't a giant dose of first world problems, then I don't know what is.
I think the woman who was groped during a virtual reality game is in the top three! Ever hear of the OFF button? Or improve your game skills and twist his virtual balls! Instead she whined about being a victim.

I happen to really like kfc. never got a bad meal one time. I just moved to KY a few months ago and the kfc here kicks ass. That lady is a fricking goofball.

So she wants twenty mil? Maybe she should want in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up faster.

--Al

She wasn't too broken up over it if she waited months to file the suit.

She had 200 cats in her house at one point in time. 200 cats that had be to housed and their medical issues taken care of for a period of time while the case is open. I highly doubt the shelter/SPCA got reimbursed for that either. THIS BIAH has some fucking nerve.

I GOT IT!! :woot:

It's been almost 5 years since I opened a bag of potato chips ...
BUT if I remember correctly :shifty:those god dam bags are always a 1/4 full :shifty:
Frito - lay :shifty: You are fucked now bitch :finger: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

She should have taken the 70 dollars in coupons...at least she would have gotten something. In the end she will have nothing. Not even half a bucket of chicken.

I had a Cheetos yesterday that looks like a cock and balls... I feel sexually assaulted! I'm suing! I still have the offending Cheetos and photographic proof! The bastards!!! :angelic:
Sell it on ebay.
Call it the likeness of christs junk.
Its right in time for christmas... you'll make a shitload of money.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...s-20-million-kfc-lawsuit-dismissed/952687001/
A Dutchess County woman's $20 million false advertising lawsuit against KFC has been dismissed.

Anna Wurtzburger of Hopewell Junction launched the civil suit in October 2016, alleging the fast food chain showed "a bucket overflowing with chicken" in TV commercials, but sold her a bucket that was not filled with chicken.

Wurtzburger's claims were without merit, according to KFC's legal filings.
[....]
The chain should have used a smaller bucket for the amount of chicken — eight pieces — that was in it, Wurtzburger said.

KFC moved to dismiss Wurtzburger's complaint for failure to state a claim upon which relief may be granted.

That means a plaintiff has failed to show sufficient facts which, if taken as true, would indicate that a violation of law had occurred or that the claimant was entitled to a legal remedy, according to legal definitions.

Judge Nelson Roman of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York granted KFC's request on Wednesday.

Lawyers involved in the suit could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

Subway had a lawsuit that was dismissed too, their 12 inch bread really wasn’t 12 inches, somebody felt cheated out of inches.

Subway had a lawsuit that was dismissed too, their 12 inch bread really wasn’t 12 inches, somebody felt cheated out of inches.
lol id hate to be her boyfriend! seems inches mean alot!
eek
can we countersue all these morons who are looking to make a quick buck .. sue them for how stupid they are?

Back