• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2jdltaf.jpg

Gene Richins​
A Sandy man was charged with child abuse homicide Wednesday in connection with the
[...]
death of his girlfriend's 8-month-old daughter.

Gene Richins, 31, of Sandy, was charged with the first-degree felony in 3rd District Court following evidence provided by West Valley City police and the State Medical Examiner's Office that the infant's cause of death was homicide.

Police responded to a report of a deceased child the morning
[....]
after the mother of the child found her unresponsive, lying face-down in a playpen.

The mother stated she had gone to bed with the child the night before after taking medication to help her sleep. She awoke about an hour later and put the child in the playpen
[...]
The mother became sedated under the medication, and Richins, her boyfriend, attended to the infant, as well as his own infant daughter,
[...]
Richins told police he got up about 11:30 p.m. when his girlfriend's child was crying. He said he fed her a bottle and gave her some of his own daughter's prescription Tylenol using a baby oral syringe, then wrapped her in a blanket and laid her back in the playpen, [...]
The mother said she kept her medication, which included Trazadone and Xanax, on top of the refrigerator and didn't think her child could have gained access to the pills.

Autopsy results for the infant revealed "unusual gastric contents," according to charging documents. Further toxicology tests were performed and found she had Trazadone in her blood, liver and gastric cavities, along with Tylenol in the same locations.

Forensic testing also found children's Tylenol and Trazadone inside the syringe that Richins said he used to administer medication to the infant,
[....]
Following the autopsy, but before toxicology results were available, Richins "suggested without prompting from detectives that it was possible that (the infant) got her hands on one of her mother's Trazadone (pills),"
[....]
A warrant for Richins' arrest was issued in conjunction with the charge. His bail was set at more than $1 million.

A search of court records indicates Richins was charged with theft, a second-degree felony; criminal mischief, a second-degree felony; burglary, a third-degree felony; and the manufacture or possession of burglary tools, a class B misdemeanor for a burglary in February.

Richins also pleaded guilty in 2009 to assault against a police officer, a class A misdemeanor; assault on a health care provider, a class B misdemeanor; interfering with a legal arrest, a class B misdemeanor; and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.

Read more at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=29129179#Ph6fVLW0g6J7mL2t.99

If that look on his face is supposed to say I'm fucked then he's right coz he is. Dumb ass. Why? He had his daughter to take care of as well, but he didn't dope her up apparently. What a fuck weasel.

Richins "suggested without prompting from detectives that it was possible that (the infant) got her hands on one of her mother's Trazadone (pills),"

Trazadone and Xanax, on top of the refrigerator and didn't think her child could have gained access to the pills.
Really, asshole? Really? You honestly think someone, somewhere is going to believe that an 8 month old got up, walked to the fridge, climbed up on top of the fridge, opened the bottle and popped a couple of Trazadone? Yes, because that's a perfectly rational explanation.

I know he is probably trying to imply that one or more fell on the floor and the baby got them there but I like my scenario better.

Really, asshole? Really? You honestly think someone, somewhere is going to believe that an 8 month old got up, walked to the fridge, climbed up on top of the fridge, opened the bottle and popped a couple of Trazadone? Yes, because that's a perfectly rational explanation.

I know he is probably trying to imply that one or more fell on the floor and the baby got them there but I like my scenario better.

And then when he gave the baby the Tylenol, some of the Trazodone must have got accidentally sucked up in the syringe from the baby's saliva....

It's amazing how these people think they can get away with this stuff....have they NEVER seen CSI??

So, now I wonder did he administer these same things to HIS daughter as well & she just survived?
Was this because he wanted her to sleep...or because he wanted to kill her?

My guess is his child was sleeping, the girlfriend's wasn't, and he just wanted to make her shut up and go to sleep. May not even have had any murderous intentions, although you'd think he'd realise if Trazadone completely knocked his girlfriend out that it might not be the best thing to give to an 8 month old.

I'd certainly like to think he just wanted her to go to sleep and didn't intentionally kill her.
But that's because I like to try and see the good. I hope I'm right x

A Sandy man who pleaded guilty to drugging his girlfriend's 8-month-old baby, causing her to suffocate in her sleep, was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison Friday.

Gene Richins, 32, dropped his head and wept as the baby's father addressed the judge, detailing experiences he will never have with his daughter.

"I will never be able to put artwork of hers on the fridge," said Mitchell Sanders, baby Kyla's father.

Her first tooth. Christmas morning. Scraped elbows on the playground.

"We will never experience the joy and happiness that she would have brought into our lives," said Sanders, who asked that Richins be required to serve time in prison.

The child's mother, Amanda Faulkner, and even prosecutors recommended a more lenient sentence that would have included extensive counseling and probation for Richins.

"In my opinion I think treatment and help to ease the pain and suffering we have all gone through in the last 18 months is the best way to honor her memory," an emotional Faulkner said, speaking of the pain and bitterness she has endured since her daughter's death.

Weighing the child's young age as well as the theft and burglary charges filed against Richins following her death, 3rd District Court Judge Vernice Trease sentenced Richins to one to 15 years in prison. Richins pleaded guilty in December to a reduced second-degree felony charge of child abuse homicide.

Richins was also charged last February with theft, burglary and other charge after he allegedly broke into a Sandy jewelry store through the ceiling, but then couldn't escape because of a security door. Police say he attempted to get out by trying to break through the shatter-proof glass door with a fire extinguisher, but failed. (Picturing this in my head. This man is a complete moron.)

Richins also pleaded guilty in 2009 to assault against a police officer, a class A misdemeanor; assault on a health care provider, a class B misdemeanor; interfering with a legal arrest, a class B misdemeanor; and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-man-who-drugged-girlfriends-baby.html?pg=all

The child's mother, Amanda Faulkner, and even prosecutors recommended a more lenient sentence that would have included extensive counseling and probation for Richins.

"In my opinion I think treatment and help to ease the pain and suffering we have all gone through in the last 18 months is the best way to honor her memory," an emotional Faulkner said, speaking of the pain and bitterness she has endured since her daughter's death.

Fuck you, you stupid cunt, and why the fuck would prosecutors be recommending a more lenient sentence.

Back