• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...5-killed-during-georgia-home-invasion-n671181
Two children were killed Saturday during an apparent home invasion in Clayton County, Georgia, while their parents were out, police said. No suspects were caught.

Authorities received a call from someone inside the home at about 5 a.m. ET who said an intruder had broken in and was shooting, Clayton County police Sgt. Ashanti Marbury told NBC News.

Officers arrived to find signs of a forced entry and two siblings — 15-year-old Daveon Coates and his 11-year-old sister, Tatiyana Coates — shot to death. They were "shot at least once," Marbury said.

Other children, ranging in age from 6 to 13, were home at the time, but no adults were there, she added. [...]

Their parents have been cooperating with the investigation and are not believed to be suspects.

Detectives are desperately sweeping the house for any clues. Police don't know if there were multiple intruders and gunmen or just one.

"They've executed a search warrant at the residence to see if they can locate any additional facts or anything that might have been left behind," Marbury said. "They're working really hard to do whatever they can because we really want to solve this case. Every case is important to us, but when you have children, it kind of ramps up the investigation a little bit."

The house is in a subdivision in Jonesboro, south of Atlanta, according Marbury such violence is uncommon in the area.

Oh my this is too much.
These were children ffs. What heartless bastards do you have to be to gun down children. Ugh. This makes my stomach turn into knots. No family deserves this kind of turmoil.

Surely there has to be more to this story?

What idiot or pair of idiots decide to pepper a couple of little kids with bullets during a home invasion, for utterly no reason?

Maybe the kids saw their faces? Although seriously, I'd rather go down for a home invasion than the brutal murder of two little kids in their home, while I was also robbing the place spare. Even Dipshit Derek the Druggie has enough basic rationality to realize this, even in the heat of the moment.

I'm not trying to blame anyone - other than the bastard murderer's. I just cannot fathom this occurring without any cause.

I hope they find those coward's fast. I hope there's a followup with the trial - I'm genuinely baffled as to the why's of this. I'd like to know what on earth happened to escalate the situation to this.

May those poor little kid's spirit's soar free and ever onwards. They didn't deserve this, in any way, shape or form.

suspect the 15 year old had some friends who he prob shouldn't have been hanging around with, perhaps he was engaged in some standard teenage drug dealin nonsense and his cohorts found fault with something related to that. 11 year old coulda gotten in the way, seen what they shoudlnt'/
[doublepost=1477300298,1477300237][/doublepost]
May those poor little kid's spirit's soar free and ever onwards.

Nah, once you die that's it. There's nothing of these kids anymore, not anywhere, lost to the void.

Where the hell were the parents??!! I do have to wonder as someone else mentioned...if the perps were known to the 15 yr old...local teens perhaps not wanting to be ID'd. Hope they catch them. What a tragedy for this family to endure. My heart goes out to them.

Meanwhile, Chattanooga Police tell NewsChannel 9 officers are investigating a shots fired incident at a home on North Hawthorne Street on Sunday.

No one was hurt in that incident, but police tell us investigators believe this is part of an ongoing gang issue with a group in Atlanta involving juveniles.

Officers in Chattanooga are working with the Clayton County Police Department on this investigation.
http://newschannel9.com/news/local/police-deadly-shooting-in-atlanta-may-have-chattanooga-ties

ETA: Found another source with more information

The Clayton County police chief said Monday he believes a gang’s act of retaliation led to the shooting deaths of a 15-year-old boy and his 11-year-old sister inside their home.

[..]

In an interview with Channel 2 Action News, Register called those responsible “punk” and “coward” for killing the siblings during the home invasion. Register said investigators believe another 15-year-old who was not in the home was the intended target of a gang retaliation. Police were looking for that teenager, whose name was not released.

The FBI and the Chattanooga, Tenn., police department are assisting with the investigation. A shootout between vehicles on a Chattanooga street Sunday afternoon is believed to be related to the Clayton County homicides, Register said.

[..]

The siblings’ mother had taken in another family who needed help, according to police. Investigators believe the second family included the 15-year-old intended target and four other children.
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/crime-law/clayton-siblings-shooting-deaths-believed-to-be-ga/nsxCG/

Last edited:
The siblings’ mother had taken in another family who needed help, according to police. Investigators believe the second family included the 15-year-old intended target and four other children.
Trying to save the unsavory.

Back