• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
537d4d827d291preview-620_zps24c3c6cb.jpg

Lacey Kertz took Vicodin, morphine and Xanax pills and used methamphetamine in the hours before she nursed her son on the night of Oct. 27.

Carson Swyres, 22 months, had been fussy, so Kertz also gave him two melatonin pills to help him sleep. She told police she might have given him a children’s Tylenol as well, but she couldn’t remember.

And when she saw that the toddler had dumped a bottle of anti-depressants onto a bed, and she even pulled one of the pills from his lips, she didn’t seek medical help.

The next day, Carson would be dead.

An autopsy found that he had died of a morphine overdose. He also had amphetamines, opiates and meth in his urine, according to toxicology reports from the St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s Office, and he suffered from pneumonia.

On Wednesday, nearly seven months after Carson’s death, Jefferson County authorities arrested Kertz, 26, on a charge of child abuse or neglect resulting in death.
[...]
Kertz told Jefferson County sheriff’s investigators that she took the pills and meth about 24 to 36 hours before Carson’s death. She also said she allowed him to breastfeed the evening before he died as a “comfort” to help him sleep, according to court documents. She said she didn’t know if he had ingested any breast milk.
[...]
First, she told authorities that Carson hadn’t opened the bottle, then altered her story to say that he had dumped the pills out onto a bed, according to court documents. She later changed that story and said that she had seen a pill on Carson’s lips but had taken it away and placed her finger down his throat to force him to vomit, without success.

Kertz said that Carson started “wheezing” and “acting funny” about 1:30 a.m. and that she held him until he fell asleep, according to court documents.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_fd569046-9012-53ab-84f9-87b0af41a3ca.html

537d4d835a0depreview-620_zps27d65b9c.jpg

Carson Swyres, 22 months, had been fussy, so Kertz also gave him two melatonin pills to help him sleep. She told police she might have given him a children’s Tylenol as well, but she couldn’t remember.
And when she saw that the toddler had dumped a bottle of anti-depressants onto a bed, and she even pulled one of the pills from his lips, she didn’t seek medical help.

I heard rocking them to sleep works a lot better.

I don't understand how a 22 month old opened a pill bottle if she had it in a pharmacy bottle. I have to swear two oaths and sign a contract that I don't have any children in my household before I can get regular pop off caps for my medicine and most of the time I still get the child proof ones that I have a heck of a time opening usually.

It's probably a moot point anyway, she more than likely fed it to him to get him out of her hair.

She's a huge pillhead since her first thought was to give her son pills to help him sleep. When mine were little you practically had to get a legal ruling on my ass to make me give them meds.

She's also a really strange skin tone. I wonder if she's cirrhotic to be that yellow.

I find it very strange that a mother who breastfed her child well passed the societal norm was a drug user. It just doesn't fit.. You know? One of these things is not like the other. I guess there's exceptions to every rule tho.

A mother whose toddler died after she nursed him while on several drugs has been sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Lacey Kertz was charged seven months afterher son Carson Swyres, 22 months, died Oct. 28, 2013, at the home where he and his mother lived in House Springs.

On Nov. 6, she pleaded guilty of involuntary manslaughter and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. She was sentenced to 17 years by Jefferson County Circuit Judge Mark Stoll.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_831d9c2f-41af-5c31-a889-0636510553a9.html

I find it very strange that a mother who breastfed her child well passed the societal norm was a drug user. It just doesn't fit.. You know? One of these things is not like the other. I guess there's exceptions to every rule tho.
No, it fits perfectly with junkies.
*Don't have to spend any drug money on formula.
*Don't have to keep track of how much formula is in the house.
*Don't have to drive to the store.
*don't have to mix, measure, pour.
*don't have to listen to a fussy baby while enjoying a great high.
*don't have to wash spoiled curdled formula out of bottles.

*just lift shirt, let baby nurse.

She's also a really strange skin tone. I wonder if she's cirrhotic to be that yellow.
I think it's just the photo color has a lot of yellow hue. Her Ferguson jacket (turtle suit) appears brighter green than usual. They are usually dark green, navy. She sure looks like she's in withdrawal though!

Wow, she used to be a pretty girl and looked like she really loved and took care of her kids. I wonder at what point it all went to shit... :(

Wow, she used to be a pretty girl and looked like she really loved and took care of her kids. I wonder at what point it all went to shit... :(
Very quickly. Probably more like she cleaned up for a little while, like during pregnancy then went back to her junkie ways.

Back