• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
34855zt.jpg

Marcus Rooks was arrested in connection with an infant's injuries​
Police in Hartford said a 2-month-old who was in critical condition after an incident on April 15 has died.
Adore Marie Daniels died Tuesday shortly after 4 a.m., according to Lt. Brian Foley
[...]
Police said it looked like the child had been shaken.

Marcus Rooks, Adore's father, was arrested.

Rooks told police he "lost control" and threw the baby head-first into her bassinet.
[...]
he tried to cover up what happened with blankets and towels.

He faced a judge on assault charges.

Adore had been in critical condition and needed surgery for bleeding on her brain.

Family members said the mother did not know what happened at the time, just that the baby did not look right.

Adore had been fighting after surgery,
[....]
Major crimes detectives removed bags of evidence from the scene following a 911 call by the family.

Rooks was ordered held on a $1 million bond and ordered by the judge to stay away from the family.

Police said pending an autopsy, it would likely be Hartford's third homicide of 2014.
http://www.wfsb.com/story/25308663/2-month-old-dies-will-most-likely-be-classified-as-homicide
24lrmmw.jpg

Two-month-old Adore Marie Daniels died Tuesday morning, police said​

That baby was so cute. The fucking sorry excuse looks like he has been suckin that glass dick (smokin crack) with the way his lips are all crusty.

Worthless piece of shit! Wtf could a 2 m/o possibly do to make someone lose it? Lemme guess, she was crying and he couldn't get her to stop. The solution to that problem is obviously to punch/throw/drop/shake or otherwise assault baby until crying ceases. Because feeding her, holding her, changing her, rocking her, or just loving on her is too much hassle for assholes like this.

Babies don't start the whining and screaming stuff until way older than 2 months. When they do and it becomes frustrating its not that had to put them in the safety of their crib, shut their door and turn your radio up a bit until you and the child both have a 3-4 minute break! But at 2 months old they only cry because something is wrong. He is a piece of shit, selfish, jackass! How hard would it have been to check her diaper, give her a bottle or see if she had a left over burp from the last bottle. He's a fucking loser, idiot!

Babies don't start the whining and screaming stuff until way older than 2 months. When they do and it becomes frustrating its not that had to put them in the safety of their crib, shut their door and turn your radio up a bit until you and the child both have a 3-4 minute break! But at 2 months old they only cry because something is wrong. He is a piece of shit, selfish, jackass! How hard would it have been to check her diaper, give her a bottle or see if she had a left over burp from the last bottle. He's a fucking loser, idiot!
Mine was born with baby rage. Seriously, if he wasn't fed 5 min before he wanted to be fed, you would pay the price! Even at the 2 month age if the baby has colic and you are at your whit's end, walk away.

thats what i used to do if i did everything i could and they were still crying, i had twins , i would shut the door and find something to do. and i was only 18. they need to have young parents take a parenting class or something.

Mine was born with baby rage. Seriously, if he wasn't fed 5 min before he wanted to be fed, you would pay the price! Even at the 2 month age if the baby has colic and you are at your whit's end, walk away.
My daughter was the same way, she came into the world full of sass. Before we left the or we have pictures of her giving people the eye then screaming at them

Had a colicky one. Talk about a fucking nightmare. But, he will be 9 in 8 days so clearly I didn't spike him like a football, EVER!

A 2-month-old girl who was critically injured last week when she was allegedly thrown head-first into a bassinet died of abusive head trauma, and the death was ruled a homicide, police said on Thursday.
The charges against Marcus Rooks, the 32-year-old father of Adore Daniels who police say threw the baby, are likely to be amended.
[....]
According to an arrest warrant, Rooks was preparing to take Adore to visit his mother on April 13, when the baby became fussy.
The baby's mother, Lavasha Outlaw, had left Adore in Rooks' care while she went to work,
[....]
Rooks, a Manchester resident, later told Hartford police detectives that he bathed and changed Adore and began talking to her about visiting his mother. The child began to cry loudly,
[...]
According to the warrant for his arrest, he admitted that he lost control of himself and began to yell and swear at the infant, then he picked her up from her crib and said, "What the [expletive], you don't want to go see my mom?"
Rooks told the detectives that he talked to the infant like she was an adult, asked her questions and continued to swear at her,
[...]
He then threw her head-first into her bassinet, and her head struck the hard bottom, where there were no blankets or cushion to cover it,
[....]
The infant was taken to Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford on April 14 and remained in critical condition for several days. She was pronounced dead Tuesday at 4 a.m., police said.
http://www.courant.com/community/hartford/hc-hartford-baby-death-0425-20140424,0,506866.story

he bathed and changed Adore and began talking to her about visiting his mother. The child began to cry loudly [...] "What the [expletive], you don't want to go see my mom?"

He seriously threw her because she didn't want to go see his mom? Seriously??! He has admitted to the police that he swore at her, spoke to her like an adult and threw her because she started to cry when he said they were going to visit his mom? SHE WAS TWO MONTHS OLD, FFS.

I can't believe that he would actually, really, truly think his 2mo baby understood what the fuck he was saying to her, knew who the fuck his mom even was, and was crying because she 'didn't want to go see his mom'. What a fucking loser dickwart.

He's obviously brain dead so slam a spike in between his eyeballs. Stupid fucking bastard. A life taken before she had a chance. smh

Marcus Rooks, of Manchester was found guilty Monday of first-degree manslaughter in the killing last April of his 2-month-old daughter, Adore Daniels, in Hartford.

Rooks, 32, was sentenced in state Superior Court in Hartford to 15 years in prison, followed by five years of parole, the Hartford Courant reported. Her head hit the hard bottom of a bassinette causing severe trauma that killed her nine days later, on April 22.

Rooks, originally charged with murder, pleaded guilty to the reduced charge under the Alford Doctrine, meaning he didn’t agree with all the state’s allegations but wanted to accept a plea agreement rather than face a trial because the prosecution could likely prove the charge. Prosecutor David Zagaja, who offered the plea, said he didn’t think he could prove Rooks meant to hurt the baby, even though his actions were reckless, according to the Courant.

http://patch.com/connecticut/manchester/manchester-man-sentenced-15-years-killing-baby-0

15 years for killing someone you're supposed to be caring for and protecting?!

Holy shit, what a miscarriage of justice! People convicted of what I would consider lesser things (as in, NOT kill their kids) have done more time than that!

Anyone else find it odd that asshole is stated as father yet his last name is Rooks, moms last name is Outlaw and babys last name was Daniels??

Rest in Paradise and safety always Adore Marie!

15 years for killing someone you're supposed to be caring for and protecting?!

Holy shit, what a miscarriage of justice! People convicted of what I would consider lesser things (as in, NOT kill their kids) have done more time than that!

But the total kicker here... 15 years doesn't really mean 15 years. Maybe more like 6?
....being totally serious on this. Don't forget good time and community eligibility. He could be out wayyyyyyy sooner than 15.
(As shitty as that is.)

Back