• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.latimes.com/local/educat...-preliminary-hearing-20161018-snap-story.html
la-1476820833-snap-photo_zpsmn7davjt.jpg

More than 52,000 text messages exchanged between a former Alhambra high school basketball coach and a female student on his team detail eight months of alleged sexual abuse, police and district attorney’s investigators testified during a preliminary hearing Tuesday.

Joseph Alan Kikuchi, 57, was a basketball coach at Mark Keppel High School when he allegedly began sexually abusing a teenager on his team in February 2015, prosecutors said. The girl was 15 and 16 years old during that time.

Deputy district attorney Rena Durrant called witnesses from the Alhambra Police Department and the district attorney’s office who provided often harrowing details of some of the thousands of text messages exchanged from about February to September 2015.

Alhambra police retrieved between 52,000 and 53,000 text messages from the girl’s cell phone after she had deleted them, Alhambra police Lt. James Hammond testified during the hearing.
[....]
Kikuchi is charged with 18 felony counts and 5 misdemeanor counts of sexual abuse. He faces up to 14 years in state prison and five years in jail if found guilty.

Superior Court Judge Michael Villalobos denied a motion to dismiss the charges.

Matsumoto-Heslin testified that the girl’s father told her during interviews that Kikuchi would sometimes text him offering to take his daughter to and from practice at school.

The girl, Matsumoto-Heslin testified, said that Kikuchi would take her to an underground parking lot or to a secluded intersection after practice and touch her sexually.

Durrant read some of the text messages to the judge: He was hurting her physically, the girl told Kikuchi in the texts. She asked him to stop multiple times by text, but he didn’t and wrote back that he loved her, Durrant said.
[....]
During one exchange, Yamamoto asked Matsumoto-Heslin if at some point the girl told investigators that Kikuchi never touched under her clothes. Matsumoto-Heslin said that was correct. Once the girl saw the text messages police had retrieved, though, she said that he had repeatedly digitally penetrated and orally copulated her under her clothes, Matsumoto-Heslin said.

Alhambra police began investigating Kikuchi in September 2015 after a school staff member reported rumors of an "alleged inappropriate relationship." He was arrested Sept. 24.

During a bail review in October, prosecutors read threatening text messages they said Kikuchi had sent to the girl when she tried to break off the relationship.

One message read, “Don’t piss me off. If you do this, I will move up other girls," according to Durrant. It was an apparent reference to promoting other girls on the basketball team, she said. He allegedly threatened to take a number of clothing items from the girl and demanded that she give a pair of shoes back to him.

“I’ll make sure we are enemies,” Durrant said the texts from Kikuchi read. “Don’t push me, cuz I’ll get ugly as ..., ok? Don’t push me!!”
[....]
Before the October hearing, the court received dozens of letters of support for Kikuchi, who was a well-known and respected coach in the close-knit Asian American basketball community. A number of community members attended his arraignment and bail review in October to support him.

At the preliminary hearing Tuesday, the courtroom was nearly empty. Kikuchi’s next court date is Nov. 1.

Poor girl. I can't believe the fear and terror she dealt with on a daily basis becoz of this coward piece of shit. I would never let my kid ride with a coach or teacher anywhere alone simply becos I don't even want to take the chance of something improper happening.
This guy needs to be balled up and used like a deflated prison basketball.

I hope he gets eighty years.

What a fucking scumbag. 52 000 texts ... this is why I hate teachers and others who are in

position of trust that sexually molest children...the mind fucking and the manipulation.

I think @Muriel Schwenck and @lalalandmamma have good points.

I'd like to just say that your average teenager, irrespective of how they're raised and irrespective of their individual intelligence, is lumped during puberty with the full array of adult emotions, but hasn't yet developed the emotional maturity or wisdom to manage them. They simply, need more life experience and actual brain growth and maturation. All of this only happens with time. You can't rush it or enforce it.

So while the average adult would respond completely differently in this situation if this piece of shit tried doing this to them - this girl's behaviour regarding it, is par for the course with naïve, inexperienced and immature teens. And I say that with zero offense towards her. It's not her fault. She can't help this. She is still growing.

But it means, that no matter how worldly your teenager may appear - they still need guidance and protection. Allow them to make mistakes and have independence - but they're nowhere near ready to be treated like an adult, no matter how self righteously the teen may demand it lol.

This is very long winded. Sorry about that. What this all means is that parents need to be monitoring their teens. Especially with phones and internet access. 52,000 messages is batshit insane. This could have been stopped on day one. And should have been. And would have been, if her parents had acted on their rightful authority and monitored her more closely.

This poor kid must be traumatized by this. Maybe she is scared shitless now of males in authority roles. That is not a good place to be in, in our societies. She will no doubt need a tonne of expensive counselling to move past this. The horror situation, the investigation, the trial and her recovery will destroy valuable months and years of her life at a time when she needs to be focusing on school and her future.

Way to go, parents. You kinda dropped the ball here. Your daughter will now suffer the long term consequences of your actions.

I hope that greasy shithead goes to jail for a very very very long time. And is never near to any minors or in a position of authority with them ever again. He is a menace and an evil human being. He also looks like he'll suffer badly in jail. Personally it'd be sweet if he suffered 52,000 torturous incidents. Poetic.

Last edited:
Way to go, parents. You kinda dropped the ball here. Your daughter will now suffer the long term consequences of your actions

I appreciate what you're saying about children and danger that lurks with mobiles, but this is not
her parents fault. This is the fault of the accused. Adults have been molesting children long before
mobile devices existed. This man followed the same patterns as any other abuser, he used guilt,
coercion and force.

I appreciate what you're saying about children and danger that lurks with mobiles, but this is not
her parents fault. This is the fault of the accused. Adults have been molesting children long before
mobile devices existed. This man followed the same patterns as any other abuser, he used guilt,
coercion and force.

Don't get me wrong, Lith. I place the blame for what this poor girl went through on that bastard. I feel that the parents actions by not guiding and monitoring their daughter more effectively means that she went through far more trauma than she should have - and that she will pay the price.

Let's assume (and I could be really wrong here) that the parents are hardworking and devoted and loving to their daughter. Like many parents, they worry about her safety but they believe they've raised her to have some basic common sense by the age of 15.

Nothing wrong with any of that, of course. She no doubt wanted a mobile phone, like every teen. And no doubt felt very strongly resentful at the idea of her parents reading her 'private messages' etc. That's normal teen behaviour. And the parents probably just trusted her to be smart and sensible. And trust that if someone was scaring her or hurting her, that she would come to them.

But there's the rub. She didn't go to them. Not at first. She hid this and kept this away from them. And I have no blame towards her for that. She's, as I said earlier, a teen. Its standard behaviour.

The parents in my view, dropped the ball by giving her that implied trust and assuming she was mature enough to deal with a bad situation, rationally. And as I said, she's too young for that. She's not mature enough for that. She's still a kid.

I'm sure the parents did what they felt was best. I'm sure they care. But at the end of the day, they really did, drop the ball. Sure it was an accident and unintentional and they're probably devastated for their daughter - but it doesn't absolve them of their responsibilities as parents, or of the fact that their actions led to these consequences - and its their daughter paying the consequences.

Its very sad for the family. But it is what it is. The bad guy is 100% the asshole coach. The parents made an honest parenting error. It happens. Unfortunately the error they made was a huge one and their kid is paying the price. That's not fair to her.

I have to wonder how many other students he put through this that haven't been found out. I doubt this is his first rodeo. He seemed primed in his threats and manipulation to keep her quiet. I have to wonder if the parents questioned the coach giving her a pair of shoes. Did she come from a poor family and did he groom her by purchasing things for her??? So many questions.

February 09, 2017

Joseph Alan Kikuchi, 57, a former girls’ basketball coach at Mark Keppel High School in Alhambra, has been sentenced to five years in state prison for sexually abusing a team member.

Kikuchi pleaded no contest in January to 23 counts of sexual abuse of a minor. He was convicted of abusing the girl over the course of seven months while she was 15 and 16 years old, though Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Jared Moses said during Thursday’s sentencing hearing that the relationship started even earlier.

Moses sentenced Kikuchi after a two-hour hearing at the Alhambra Courthouse. Prosecutor Rena Durrant read a letter from the victim’s father detailing the effect Kikuchi’s abuse had on his daughter and their family. She showed the judge photos of gifts that Kikuchi had bought the girl, including a promise ring and Victoria’s Secret underwear.

The courtroom was packed with community members, a number of whom spoke in support of Kikuchi and asked the judge to consider his medical needs, his family and the efforts he’s made since his 2015 arrest, including being baptized and helping the homeless.

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/la-me-kikuchi-sentenced-20170209-story.html

Latest posts

Back