• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Keepalowprofile

http://m.kcra.com/news/family-wants-answers-after-tripleslaying-in-sacramento/42149488

Family members are searching for answers after two brothers and a grandmother were slain in a Sacramento home over the weekend.

[...]. The victims have been identified as Christine Lucas, 68, Marquise Brown, 23, and James Ferrell, 20.

Brown was a father of a young girl and was working to support his family. He was also a part of the California Conservation Corps.

Ferrell graduated from Heritage Peak Charter School in May and was enrolled in American River College. He loved to sing and dance and was also in the process of joining CCC.

Lucas was the wife of the senior pastor at Gloryland Revival Center in Sacramento. Her husband, Pastor John Lucas, said he wasn't ready to talk, but said he's trying to process everything.

James and Marquise's father, Robert Ferrell, said their mother discovered their bodies when she came home Saturday night.

“She came from wherever she was at. She walked across the street to the fire department, or her friend walked across the street and reported it," he said.

Police are waiting on an autopsy to determine how they were killed, but said they probably knew their attacker.

Ferrell said he spoke to James the day of the murder. He wanted to borrow his dad's car, but he told him no. He believes his grandmother loaned him her car which may explain why she was there that night.

He said she was waiting for the car to be returned and may have just been caught up in an altercation.

The boy's father and neighbors said the brothers lived with their mother and her boyfriend, who they said hasn't been seen since that day.

"He lives there, and all of a sudden, he's not around. Just come forward and state where you've been that night. I hate to think you're the one that's done it, (because) you've been with my boys for two years or so," Robert Ferrell said.

As they wait for more answers and an arrest, the family is hopeful that they'll overcome this tragedy.

Police said they don't have anyone in custody. They wouldn't confirm any other details the family described, but said the fire department notified them of the crime scene.

Sure doesn't look good that the mother's boyfriend ups and leaves immediately after this. Unless of course he was taken by the people who killed the sons?

Police in Sacramento are searching for a man suspected of murdering his ex-girlfriend’s two adult sons and her elderly mother, a local pastor, over the weekend.

A felony warrant for homicide has been issued for the arrest of 52-year-old Jerod Watson in connection to the triple homicide that took the lives of 68-year-old Christine Lucas and her grandsons, Marquise Brown, 23, and James Ferrell, 20, on Saturday.

[...]

The bodies of the female pastor and her grandsons were discovered just before 8pm on Saturday when Christine Lucas’ daughter, Twanna Lucas, entered her mother’s home at a housing complex in the 700 block of Broadway and saw her family slaughtered.

[...]

Robert Ferrell, the father of Twanna Lucas' son James, said the 20-year-old and his older brother often argued with Watson, mostly over his abusive treatment of their mother.

'They were pretty much protecting their mom all the time,' Mr Ferrell told the station KCRA.

[...]

Watson is described as an African-American male, standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 180lbs. He is considered armed and extremely dangerous, according to police. Members of the public who encounter him are urged not to approach him and contact the authorities.

He is known to drive a white 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander with a California license plate 7CYL933
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-two-grown-sons-horror-triple-homicide.html

I'm pretty pissed about this. This idiot had multiple DV problems. The relationship was abusive and the sons were constantly trying to protect their Mum.

Fuck it. If she wants to live a life with an abuser - then she can knock her socks off. Its her life to waste.

But her idiotic, insecure choices led to the deaths of her boys. Her boys who clearly loved her deeply and were worried about her. Her own mother, too, lost her life. What. The. Fuck.

Watson is of course, the one who deserves jail or the DP for this. But that mother should hang her idiot head in shame. Her choice to stay and lead that life resulted in this.

And she gets to live on, free of Watson (and free to find herself yet another abusive asshole) while her sons and her mum rot in the ground.

I'm fine, with any adult paying the consequences of their actions, irrespective (in most cases) of what those actions are - as long as they own up to their consequences. But I'm not OK with forcing the consequences onto other people. Least of all due to your own weaknesses and insecurities.

She should have left him, gotten an AVO - and rocked up to the nearest therapist for a couple of years of intensive therapy to get to the bottom of why she allows herself to suffer abuse from others - and move on eventually and never allow that terrible abuse to happen to her again.

Instead she sat back, effectively hid behind her sons, let them stress and stew and worry about her safety, happiness and wellbeing - and then let them all die - all because she's too busy being a goddamn fucking victim.

My only consolation is that the mother has the rest of her life to face up to her consequences and the reality that she let her sons' and her mum suffer them for her.

If this family truly are searching for answers to this senseless, preventable tragedy - then look no further - the mother is the eye of the storm in all of this.

Last edited:
I'm pretty pissed about this. This idiot had multiple DV problems. The relationship was abusive and the sons were constantly trying to protect their Mum.

Fuck it. If she wants to live a life with an abuser - then she can knock her socks off. Its her life to waste.

But her idiotic, insecure choices led to the deaths of her boys. Her boys who clearly loved her deeply and were worried about her. Her own mother, too, lost her life. What. The. Fuck.

Watson is of course, the one who deserves jail or the DP for this. But that mother should hang her idiot head in shame. Her choice to stay and lead that life resulted in this.

And she gets to live on, free of Watson (and free to find herself yet another abusive asshole) while her sons and her mum rot in the ground.

I'm fine, with any adult paying the consequences of their actions, irrespective (in most cases) of what those actions are - as long as they own up to their consequences. But I'm not OK with forcing the consequences onto other people. Least of all due to your own weaknesses and insecurities.

She should have left him, gotten an AVO - and rocked up to the nearest therapist for a couple of years of intensive therapy to get to the bottom of why she allows herself to suffer abuse from others - and move on eventually and never allow that terrible abuse to happen to her again.

Instead she sat back, effectively hid behind her sons, let them stress and stew and worry about her safety, happiness and wellbeing - and then let them all die - all because she's too busy being a goddamn fucking victim.

My only consolation is that the mother has the rest of her life to face up to her consequences and the reality that she let her sons' and her mum suffer them for her.

If this family truly are searching for answers to this senseless, preventable tragedy - then look no further - the mother is the eye of the storm in all of this.
Except, here's the clencher.
Police in Sacramento are searching for a man suspected of murdering his ex-girlfriend’s two adult sons and her elderly mother, a local pastor, over the weekend.
Looks as if she did try to get him out of their lives.
I'm sure when she met him, he was a perfect gentleman.

Except, here's the clencher.

I'm sure when she met him, he was a perfect gentleman.

I saw that - but here's what I'm seeing:
The sons constantly defending/protecting her. They would've been doing this throughout the relationship. There's no info on when this relationship broke up nor how long it went for. The very first time he raised a fist to her, she should have left.

The way it's written implies to me that there have been multiple occasions of DV occur between the couple and several occasions were the police were involved.

I find it convenient that he's now the 'ex boyfriend' but without any detail about the when, why and what not. Maybe I'm being overly cynical there.

Many a time, the breakup is the catalyst of the murder. He showed her who's still in charge! By killing her family.

the mother is the eye of the storm in all of this.
Great phrasing.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article109921832.html
"A man suspected of killing three people in a Land Park public housing complex last weekend may be in the Reno area, according to the Reno Police Department.

In a news release issued Saturday, Reno police said they recently stopped an SUV belonging to Jerod Watson, 52, but he was not inside. The Sacramento Police Department has warned that he is armed and dangerous."

Last edited:
I saw that - but here's what I'm seeing:
The sons constantly defending/protecting her. They would've been doing this throughout the relationship. There's no info on when this relationship broke up nor how long it went for. The very first time he raised a fist to her, she should have left.

The way it's written implies to me that there have been multiple occasions of DV occur between the couple and several occasions were the police were involved.

I find it convenient that he's now the 'ex boyfriend' but without any detail about the when, why and what not. Maybe I'm being overly cynical there.

The first article quotes the dad as saying she'd been dating him for 2 years or so. That would make them a couple since 2014 or so. The second article says the DV incidents are from 2009-2011...so prior to them becoming a couple. She couldn't even have done a background check effectively and seen it. He was only convicted once and it was expunged off his record.

It's very rare for DV to start immediately, usually it starts with the verbal and ramps up into the physical. The father never says anything about physical violence, just that the sons argued with the boyfriend over his abusive treatment of their mom. If they are willing to argue about his treatment of their mom, I can't see the 2 of them allowing him to physically abuse her and them not saying anything. If it had reached that stage we most likely would have heard exactly that.

Court records indicate that the 52-years-old suspect has a history of domestic violence charges.

CBS News reported that Watson was sentenced to jail three times between 2009 and 2011 on one of the charges and for repeatedly violating his probation. He also completed a court-mandated batterer’s treatment program.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ons-horror-triple-homicide.html#ixzz4O5lYxRkz

Watson previously faced two charges of misdemeanor domestic violence, though one was dismissed in 2009, Sacramento County Superior Court online records show.

He was sentenced to jail three times between 2009 and 2011 on the other charge, including for repeatedly violating his probation. He attended a batterer’s treatment program required by the court, and that conviction was expunged in 2012 after he completed his probation.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerod-m...-of-christine-lucas-pastor-and-her-grandsons/

The first article quotes the dad as saying she'd been dating him for 2 years or so. That would make them a couple since 2014 or so. The second article says the DV incidents are from 2009-2011...so prior to them becoming a couple. She couldn't even have done a background check effectively and seen it. He was only convicted once and it was expunged off his record.

It's very rare for DV to start immediately, usually it starts with the verbal and ramps up into the physical. The father never says anything about physical violence, just that the sons argued with the boyfriend over his abusive treatment of their mom. If they are willing to argue about his treatment of their mom, I can't see the 2 of them allowing him to physically abuse her and them not saying anything. If it had reached that stage we most likely would have heard exactly that.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jerod-m...-of-christine-lucas-pastor-and-her-grandsons/

Thankyou for clarifying that, I appreciate it.

Back