• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
n67140.jpg

Andrew Oetzel​
During his first days of life, Charlie Oetzel was like any other normal, healthy baby. He ate, slept and cried. He needed constant attention.
When Audrey Blades noticed that her son had developed a lazy eye and wouldn’t eat, she rushed him to a doctor —
[...]
for a brain scan.

“The doctor came in and told me had been shaken,
[....]
Now, at 4 months old, Charlie requires a ventilator. He is blind and his brain has trouble regulating his body’s temperature.

“It’s life-changing,”
[....]
“Even if he makes a miraculous improvement, my son won’t be the same. His sister won’t be able to play with him the way I played with my brother. We don’t know what he’s going to be capable of — it’s playing the waiting game.”
[...]
Shaken Baby Syndrome occurs when an infant or small child hits their head or is violently shaken. Symptoms include irritability, decreased appetite, difficulty breathing, seizures, and an inability for an infant to lift their head or focus their eyes.

Blades hopes her son’s case will inspire others who suspect child abuse to come forward. In 2011, 106 Scotland County children were abused or neglected, according to ncchild.org

“You could save a baby’s life — like Charlie’s — just by speaking up,”
[....]
Laurinburg police have charged Charlie’s father with felonious child abuse. Andrew Michael Oetzel, 24, was arrested
[...]
and jailed under a $100,000 bond.

“Be very aware,” Blades said. “Very aware. … If you see anything, hear anything — you don’t have to be directly involved, but don’t just sit back.”

Blades has been told that Charlie had been shaken at least twice, but doesn’t know exactly when. She now wishes she had paid more attention to “the little things,” like hearing Oetzel “raise his voice” at Charlie or talk to him “like he was an adult.”

“He wasn’t soft-spoken with the baby or soothing,” .
[...]
A child with Shaken Baby Syndrome can suffer learning, physical, visual, hearing, behavioral and speech impairments. It can lead to cerebral palsy, a loss of motor activity and muscle control, seizures and death.

“I’m glad he’s home because I had to see him every day (at the hospital),” said Pamela Scott, Charlie’s grandmother. “I get upset sometimes because it never should have happened, but as far as Charlie … I’m glad he’s still here.”

Charlie’s hypothalamus, a part of the brain that regulates chemicals and hormones, is injured. Scott said she and Blades had to keep Charlie bundled in hats and blankets to keep him warm.
[....]
The Laurinburg Police Department has investigated about a half dozen child abuse cases in the past six months, according to Police Chief Darwin Williams. Though calls for police assistance usually come from the county Department of Social Services, Williams said anyone who suspects mistreatment can make an anonymous call to his office.

“Any abuse to a child is bad,” he said. “It doesn’t matter the severity. No child deserves abuse.”
http://robesonian.com/news/news/4549603/Child-faces-hard-future-after-abuse

Someone posted this at the robesonian site. Really interesting:
This is sad,but also be aware this could be something else, I'm not saying this to excuse any wrong doing. The fact is my grand child has a metabolic disorder called glutaric acidemia type 1 ,it mimics cerebral palsy . My grand son had a seizure when he was a few months old, his brain was bleeding. If it was not known he had GA-1 found at new born screening ,we would have been charged with abuse. The injury to his brain was equal to shaken baby syndrome.There have been many people released from prison after Drs. ran the GA-1 test on them, and the child tested positive for the GA-1 disorder. Their bodies can't use two types of protein, it turns to acidity poison ,and causes seizures and brain bleeding.I pray for this little baby, he has a long hard road to travel,God bless him and his mom.
If, and only if, the baby is the couple's second son -a daughter was mention- does she presents abuse?... I'd like more information. But if it is found that this guy shacked his baby ... This Andrew Oetzel guy is a monster. It seems that he is a nasty and violent guy... grrrr...

Last edited:
35mjdx3.jpg

http://bailbondcity.com/north_carolina/ncdoc-inmate-OETZEL/1485387

And here's a what the fuck for you..

Hey there. My name’s Andrew and don’t let my charge fool you. I’m an honest, laid back, peaceful kind of guy who made a mistake that I regret with my whole heart.

I’m looking for people to talk and connect with. A little about myself, love to read and play games of all kinds. My favorite books are The Wheel of Time and The Sword of Truth; games are all RPGs and the classics like Super Mario World, Zelda and Final Fantasy. I love to listen to Rock, Country, Metal and Gospel music. Served four years in the military, but didn’t get to travel. I have six tots and each one has a story behind it.

http://prisonerpal.com/glossary-term/oetzel-andrew/

Back