• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
hreplx.jpg

Natasha Townsend​
A 3-month-old girl is in critical condition after her mother allegedly stabbed her
[...]
Natasha Deann Townsend, 31, is being held
[...]
without bond, charged with the attempted murder of her daughter.

Police were called to a home
[...]
around 10:45 p.m. Saturday. They found the mother, as well as the girl, who had suffered apparent stab wounds.

Promise Shorter, a neighbor, said Townsend does not live at the home, but one of her relatives does. Shorter said she noticed many police cars at the home Saturday night.

"There was over 30-40 police cars out there," she said. "If anybody had pulled through, you would have thought all hell would have broke through on this street."

Investigators said Townsend bought a butcher knife at a Walmart store and injured the baby at another location before taking the child
[...]
They believe the woman's intention was to kill the child and then herself.

Shorter said she was shocked to learn about the stabbing. She remembered Townsend as a popular girl in high school.

"Everybody thought she was beautiful and intelligent and came from a good home," said Shorter. "The community needs to pray for them."

The girl was taken to a hospital in Birmingham for further treatment
[...]
http://www.waff.com/story/25486728/mom-accused-of-stabbing-3-month-old-daughter?hpt=ju_bn1
mku0df.jpg

I hope the baby makes it. I just hope this woman gets the help she needs. There isn't any more information out. I wonder if she had any mental issues before she had the baby.

Forgive me if I sound like a monster for even asking this, but couldn't she have picked a more humane way to go about killing her own baby? Like smothering it in its sleep? Why do people always seem to choose the more vile options?

A Huntsville mother accused of trying to kill her infant daughter has been found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.

Court records show that Judge James Smith ruled that Natasha Townsend is mentally ill and that she poses a “real and present threat of substantial harm to herself and others.”

A joint motion for a psychological evaluation of Townsend was filed in January 2015. Defense attorney Jerry Hicks stated in the motion that Townsend “suffers from significant psychological problems and does not believe that she is being appropriately treated in the Madison County Jail for her condition.”

Townsend will be committed to the custody of the Alabama Department of Mental Health for treatment and therapy at Taylor Hardin Secure Medical Facility in Tuscaloosa. She is not permitted to be released from custody or be at large without supervision unless authorized by the court system.

http://whnt.com/2016/06/15/mother-a...found-not-guilty-by-reason-of-mental-disease/

Back