• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-canadian-parishioners-bemused-a7372586.html

Wait for it, bwahahahaha!

A small-town sculptor’s attempt to restore the beatific visage of the Christ Child to a vandalised statue outside a Canadian church has left parishioners unimpressed – and the Internet amused.

Local artist Heather Wise was walking in the grounds of St Anne des Pins church in Sudbury, northern Ontario, when she noticed the head was missing from a white stone statue of the Infant Jesus and his mother Mary.

Wise was “sad” to learn that the artwork had been beheaded by vandals, and volunteered to craft a replacement, she told Sudbury.com. “I am privileged to be able to do this,” she said, calling it the “honour of [her] entire art career.”

Yet Father Gerard Lajeunesse, who accepted her offer, said the new clay head, which resembles Lisa Simpson with a Donald Trump tan, had left churchgoers disappointed. “It really is shocking to the eyes because of the big contrast in colour,” the priest told CBC News, adding: “It’s a first try.”

The statue has stood outside St Anne des Pins for almost a decade and been vandalised several times. “It’s always Jesus’ head that goes missing,” said Lajeunesse. Normally, it was left nearby, but when it was last sliced off a year ago, “We looked high and low. No head. No Jesus.”
[....]
“I have noticed that, with the rain, the clay is eroding,” he said.

Many have likened Wise’s efforts to an elderly woman’s botched touch-up of a 19th century fresco at the church of Santuario de Misericodia in Spain, which became an unlikely viral sensation in 2012.
baby-jesus-head.jpg
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

In all fairness to the artist,
It needs paint to match it.

Actually...

It needs to be lopped off of there and burned like the monsters it is.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

This reminds me of the painting. The one @Malodorous has for an avatar.

Edit. If I had kept reading, I would have seen that this was mentioned.
Many have likened Wise’s efforts to an elderly woman’s botched touch-upof a 19th century fresco at the church of Santuario de Misericodia in Spain, which became an unlikely viral sensation in 2012.

Last edited:
Could it be....ummmmm.......SATAN!?o_O:D

Yikes! that is an affront to artists everywhere, I think Picasso could have done a better job.:YOW:

Back