• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
bilde_zps057ebcb9.jpg

Police found a 1-year-old girl dead in Clarksville Thursday night and have arrested the girl’s stepfather.

At about 10:10 p.m., police responded to a medical call
[...]
They found Kyle A. Batiz, 21, performing CPR on his stepdaughter, 1-year-old Winter Denny
[...]
Winter had suspicious injuries, Gill said. She was taken to Gateway Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Batiz told police he was alone watching the girl that evening and had gotten angry. He struck Winter forcefully in the abdomen twice, grabbed her firmly and performed “a modified Heimlich-type thrusting maneuver” on her, according to the warrant.

He told police his actions may have resulted in her death, the warrant said.

Batiz, 21, is being held without bond in the Montgomery County Jail.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/art...rl-found-dead-stepfather-arrested-Clarksville

Whaaaat? Who does this shit? I can't wait til Baby D is one she is gonna be so much fun. What was this cock suck thinking? It's a baby for fucks sake, what she do interrupt your video games? Need a diaper change? Throw you a dirty look? Ugh what an asshole.

Heimlich type maneuver for what? Fucking dumb ass punched her twice then basically squeezed her? Ugg I hate people!

Not to give this scumbag any credit, but at least he was upfront about what he did. Nothing infuriates me more when they're like "oh, um, gee, she must have fallen out of bed" or some other ridiculous excuse that would never result in the injuries sustained.
Other than that, throw his ass to the wolves.

Sickening. Just fucking nauseating. Drop this fucker in a pot of boiling water please...I want to hear him scream. You know the first blow immobilized her!!! Yet he continued....what a monster.

Friggin coward pos! You can bet your ass that if a man was standing in front of him he wouldn't dare punch him in the stomach once let alone twice. No....he has to hit a defenseless precious baby! Another case for retroactive abortion.

The stepfather of a 1-year-old girl who died after he struck her now faces 15 to 25 years in prison after a jury convicted him Thursday of aggravated child abuse.

Kyle Batiz had also been charged with felony murder in the May 15, 2014, death of his stepdaughter, Winter Denny, at their Clarksville apartment. But the jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of reckless homicide, which carries a sentence of about four years.

The steeper penalty for abuse is because Haley's Law requires that anyone found guilty of aggravated child abuse against a child under the age of 8 in Tennessee face a mandatory 15 to 25 years in a penitentiary with no parole. Circuit Court Judge William Goodman III will sentence Batiz on Dec. 2. (Of this year)

The trial ended with closing arguments at 11:15 a.m. Thursday after a four-day trial.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...ather-convicted-abuse-killed-infant/90842504/

Batiz told police he was alone watching the girl that evening and had gotten angry. He struck Winter forcefully in the abdomen twice, grabbed her firmly and performed “a modified Heimlich-type thrusting maneuver” on her, according to the warrant.

Lets stop with the fancy talk.
So in other words, he squeezed the life out of her.

From 2019
The Defendant, Kyle Alex Batiz, was convicted of aggravated child abuse and reckless homicide and was sentenced, respectively, to concurrent sentences of 21 years at 100% and 3 years at 30 percent. On appeal, he argues that the evidence was insufficient to sustain the conviction for aggravated child abuse; the trial court erred by not suppressing his text messages and statement to police; the trial court erred by allowing a forensic pathologist to testify regarding matters not within her expertise; he should have been sentenced as an especially mitigated offender; and the conviction for aggravated child abuse should be reversed because of cumulative errors that occurred during the trial. We have reviewed the record in this matter and conclude that the issues raised by the Defendant are without merit. Accordingly, we affirm the judgments of the trial court.

"Babe I snapped on Winter accidentally," says one.

Another said the child had been messing with his "hookah pen," similar to an electronic cigarette, even after he told her to leave it alone.

"I snapped and hit her stomach and I left a mark," said another text, flashed on a wall for the jury to see.

He said she had only little marks.

"Her toys were on the ground she fell right on them," said another text.

He said he dressed her and she threw up and had bruises on her sternum. He texted her she had more bruises on her spine but claimed he didn't know where those came from.

Rebecca Denny testified she was worried her child was bruised but didn't realize how bad things were. When she asked if anything was broken, he replied, "no, but it's just the way she freaked out."

The sobbing mother said she didn't believe at the time that her husband had seriously hurt her daughter.

"I thought he loved her," she testified. "I thought we were a family. I never thought he could hurt her, especially kill her."

Asked if she heard from Batiz again that night she said he called her at work and told her Winter was not breathing and asked her what to do.

He had not called an ambulance and she told him to while she rushed to their Fort Campbell Boulevard apartment.

At the emergency room, she saw Winter's body covered in bruises that had not been there when she bathed her earlier that day. Those photos were flashed on a wall.

"I didn't think he was capable," she testified. "I'm not sure who I was trying to convince."

During cross examination she said she was probably minimizing his involvement.

Last edited:
Back