• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
2d8m3qs.jpg

Austin Holzer
aviix4.jpg

Deputy Derek Geer
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. -- A therapist says a 17-year-old charged with killing a western Colorado sheriff's deputy has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, known as ADHD.

Deputy Derek Geer died after being shot in the face, hand, chest and vest.

Austin Patrick Holzer is charged with murder in the 1st degree of a peace officer, assault, trespass, tampering with evidence, failure to register as a sex offender, defacing a firearm, possession of a defaced firearm, theft, possession of a handgun by a juvenile and unlawfully carrying a concealed weapon.

Holzer is being prosecuted as an adult. His attorneys are seeking to have the case moved back to juvenile court.

Therapist Richard Mottern testified Tuesday that he tested Holzer in 2013 for ADHD and attention deficit disorder, according to The Daily Sentinel. Mottern found Holzer tested in the 99th percentile for hyperactivity, attention problems and feelings of inadequacy, all signs of the illnesses.
*****(note that it says he was TESTED, and found to test in the 99% for 3 signs of ADHD, but DOES NOT state he was DIAGNOSED with it.) Makes sense that he wasn't diagnosed, as he didn't fit multiple aspects of a diagnosis...
An ADHD diagnosis requires AT LEAST 5 symptoms (6 if under age 18) to be present for AT LEAST 6 months-- in multiple environments. Those symptoms greatly interfering with one's ability to function adequately in daily activities, in multiple settings (work/ school/ social.) With multiple symptoms having been present before age 12. So fuck off with your I'm adhd and should be tried as a kid because of it nonsense.. It really pisses me off that he even went there with it. ADHD gets enough negative attention as it is..
For those that suffer from it (and their families, friends, coworkers) it is no joke. Depending on severity, it affects sufferers on a daily basis, in everything they do, in all aspects of their lives.. It is a legit mental shitshow, and impacts everything. Like I said, it is treatable and manageable- that in no way, means that it goes away. Only means you can treat it, and with the help of cognitive therapy and/or medication (or a combination of both) one can learn to live with it.*****

A psychologist has testified that Holzer does not have ADHD.

Prosecutors argued that the point is moot, as not all people with ADHD kill people.

In juvenile court, Holzer could face a term of just over three years in an institution, the Sentinel reports.

If he is tried as an adult, Holzer faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...esa-county-deputy-sheriff-derek-geer-has-adhd
I have severe ADHD, it is a daily struggle even with medication. Some days are worse than others. That being said, fuck this pussy, piece of shit, for trying to use ADHD to get tried as a juvenile.:mad::rage::punch:

Deputy Geer's death was not caused by Austin Holzer's ADHD (or lack thereof).. It was caused by Austin Holzer's selfish, desperate actions, while the little punk tried to avoid jail. (Cuz he had warrants for violating probation and failing to register as a sex offender, for an unspecified crime. Being as I cannot find him on the national registry, I am ASSUMING it means he was convicted as a juvenile? (Only my personal assumption- can anyone find more on that?) Failure to register, is on his list of charges in this case, but I can't find anything about the original case that required him to register..

FUCK RIGHT OFF, WITH YOUR ADHD PITY PARTY, YOU LITTLE PUSSY!!
ADHD is manageable when treated with medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, or a combination of both..
Gee. I sure hope he gets treatment for it in prison... :rolleyes:
Oh the irony... To fatally shoot a cop IN THE FACE in an attempt to avoid jail. Makes no kinda sense- That didn't work out well for him now, did it?
I hope he gets life w/o parole and spends every day for the rest of his life in prison. He deserves it. Seriously.

This is from back on Feb 9th 2016, when Deputy Geer was removed from life support, before he passed away on Feb 10th 2016.
During 15 years wearing the badge of a Mesa County sheriff’s deputy, Derek Geer lived and worked by the book, helped many and saved at least one life.

On Monday morning, the 40-year-old Navy veteran questioned a 17-year-old boy amid reports of an armed suspect, then tried to stop him with a stun gun when he ran. Officers say the boy pulled a handgun, fired several times and fled, leaving Geer mortally wounded.

“Every situation you handle is going to be different. You try to use the most minimal force necessary to handle the situation,” sheriff’s Sgt. Henry Stoffel said Tuesday. “Obviously, this situation escalated quickly, and the suspect presented deadly force before Deputy Geer was able to react.”

Geer, a married father of two children, lay in St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center on Tuesday, and Sheriff Matt Lewis said he will be taken off life support within 48 hours. His organs will be donated.

“Our hearts are broken, as we begin the process of grieving the tremendous loss of Derek, our husband, father, son and friend,” his wife, Kate, said.

“The love and support that has been poured out to our family over the last 24 hours is humbling; the gratitude for Derek’s sacrifice and the compassion from this community is a reminder of the good in this world.”

Geer’s family told Lewis that one of the accomplishments the deputy was most proud of was saving a young woman’s life, giving her CPR after she had a heart attack. His actions that day in 2012 earned him a life-saving medal from the sheriff’s office.

In death, the organ donor may well save other lives, and make “one more final act of service. Just like he lived his life in service of a community, this is one more step in providing that service,” Lewis said.

A single organ donor can save up to eight lives when the organs are harvested, providing kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, pancreas and small intestine for transplant, said Andrea Smith, spokeswoman for the Donor Alliance, a nonprofit that facilitates organ and tissue donations.

Geer was shot as he and other officers responded shortly after 11 a.m. Monday to reports of an armed person in the 500 block of Fruitvale Court in Grand Junction, according to the sheriff’s office.

Geer came across a suspect on foot near E Road and 30½ Road, authorities said. The two spoke briefly, and the boy asked Geer if he was going to be detained. Geer said yes.

But the teen bolted, and Geer fired his stun gun, striking the boy but not incapacitating him.

“The suspect then fired several rounds at Deputy Geer, striking him multiple times,” according to the sheriff’s office.

A teenager was arrested after a brief manhunt. His name has been withheld.

There are several reasons that the probes from a stun gun can fail to incapacitate someone, Stoffel said. Thick or loose clothing, for example, can prevent the probe from making contact, and both probes must make contact.

Geer was bleeding heavily from his face and had a pulse so weak a first responder could not feel it following the shooting, dispatch recordings show.

“I have an officer down,” a man said over his police radio. “I have a wound to his face — bleeding heavily.”

“I need an ambulance!” the man then called, according to dispatch recordings archived onBroadcastify.com.

An investigation into the shooting has been turned over to the 21st Judicial District Critical Incident Response Team.

Lewis said investigators have recovered a handgun used in the shooting. The shooter was reported to have been wearing a bandana over his face.

Dan Rubinstein, the county’s district attorney, said that because the case is being investigated by a team of local and state law enforcement departments, he cannot comment. He also declined to speculate about what charges the teen accused of shooting Geer might face.

“We are trying to come to terms with this tragedy,” Lewis said. “We will have answers soon enough.”
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/02/09/gunned-down-mesa-county-deputy-to-be-taken-off-life-support/

More reads, including lots of information and quotes from this little douchebag punk here:
http://www.westword.com/news/warran...he-killed-youre-gonna-get-f-ckin-shot-7594315

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...aken-off-life-support-after-being-shot-monday

Read the arrest warrant here:
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/299545683/Austin-Holzer-Arrest-Warrant-pdf?skip_app_promo=true

Thousands of people attended Deputy Geer's funeral.
http://kdvr.com/2016/02/15/thousands-gather-for-colorado-deputys-funeral/

While in custody after shooting Deputy Geer, this little mother fucker BRAGGED about killing a cop to fellow inmates. :rage:
http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles/witness-holzer-boasted-of-killing-cop

I'm sure ADHD and meth turned this teen's innate monster loose. Since he is incapable of coping with it as many have managed to do, then he can have lifelong treatment for it in prison. Or until another inmate kills him because of his uncontrollable behavior.

Last edited:
At some point people need to take a little responsibility for the psychotic little demons they spew forth unto the world. This kid didnt become a sex offending cop killer overnight. He's 17 which means he's still a minor so someone should have had some say so over him and his actions enough to know he should not have weapons.
So much fail here all through out.

He should be thankful when he gets LWOP - just a few months older and he'd be eligible for the DP.
If he thinks he has attention problems now, just wait until he sees what kind of attention he'll be getting in general population.

Oh please. Having ADHD - if he does actually have it - doesn't excuse law breaking - and he's broken a significant number of different laws here.

Now I can accept, perhaps, that this situation may have quickly escalated out of control and the little weak prick up there in his amusing little mugshot might have gotten overwhelmed and panicked in the heat of the moment.

And that's only if he a) definitively has ADHD, b) was unmedicated and unmanaged at the time and c) as an individual, happens to react with panic and confusion in high stress environments - not every ADHD sufferer does. Its not a blanket condition where every sufferer experiences exactly the same symptoms and responds personally in exactly the same way.

But even with those allowances, ADHD whether managed or not, does not result in blatant criminality such as choosing to own and carry weaponry you're not allowed to own and conceal and carry. Nor does it account for any of the other crimes in that laundry list mentioned above. I'd be here all day, relisting them out.

He's a volatile little shit who murdered another human being and who was stupid enough to murder someone in a job where, in America, comes with some incredibly severe consequences. Do. Not. Shoot. Cops. Or. Government. Employees. They'll nail you to the wall for that.

As for charging and trying him as an adult - he's 17. He's so close to the legal age. His brain isn't going to undergo any big enough periods of growth and maturity in the remaining weeks or months before he turns 18, that would have stopped him from making all of these bad choices. And 3 years is a woeful sentence for all the crimes he's committed.

This little twat is going to have a bloody awful time in prison, just viewing his mugshot shows that. Tough, sunshine. An innocent man is dead - now its time to suffer the consequences.

Where are the bloody parents too? They raised this criminal. They led him to the point where at 17, while he should be focusing on his exams and his future - he's out breaking the law left right and centre - and committing murder.

@CbabyRKO has an excellent point. This little waste of space is still young enough to 100% be a product of his environment. Just what bloody environment did he grow up in - and perhaps it's time some of the consequences spill out to encompass the adults responsible for him.

Back