• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...are-van-that-was-not-authorized-to-transport/

A “closed” sign was posted on the door of Vision for Life Academy day care center Thursday morning, a day after a 2-year-old boy was found unresponsive inside a van that was not registered to transport children. He was later pronounced dead.

An official from the Florida Department of Children and Families told 7News that the academy was not authorized to transport children, and now they have shut the academy down.

Investigators said the 2-year-old child, Angel Matute Chavez, was found just before 2 p.m. in the rear compartment of the white van by day care workers.

Officials said the child showed no signs of life once paramedics arrived at the scene. They immediately began to administer CPR.

7News cameras captured a large police presence as crime scene investigators set up a perimeter.

The child was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He was pronounced dead upon arrival.

Miami Police confirmed the boy’s death at around 8 p.m.

Surveillance footage obtained exclusively by 7News shows the van dropping children off at the day care center, then pulling into the parking lot, just after 8 a.m., Wednesday.

According to an inspection report from July, there was no transportation provided from the academy and none observed on the site.

Now DCF said the day care center in no longer operational. “I don’t understand how you can leave a child on a bus like that,” said one woman, “and with teachers, I say check behind yourself.”

“There was a call that took place, just before 4 o’clock this afternoon, when we were dispatched to a child that was not breathing,” said Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll. “Little boy, inside a van, unresponsive.”

The video shows a man coming out to the curb on Seventh Avenue, sitting down and then waving a piece of cloth or shirt to flag down the first responders. It’s unclear what connection the man has to the day care center, if any.

The little boy is the fifth child to die in a hot vehicle in Florida this year.

An employee confirmed the day care center will be closed all day Thursday. However, since the day care has since been shut down, parents need to find a new day care provider.

Both the DCF and Miami PD are investigating this case.

No arrests have been made, and no charges have been filed, as of Thursday.

No excuse.

How does this keep happening? Day cares and institutions should have procedures in place to avoid deaths like this. How??

I'd be both furious and heartbroken if I was this child's parents. :(

And both of those adjectives are miles beneath expressing what they must really be feeling, but I don't have the words. I wonder if they (the parents) were aware that the child was being transported during his time there.

The article doesn't make it very clear. Did they just begin transporting children sometime after the July inspection, or were they purposefully hiding the fact that they had transportation services? I can imagine that with a daycare there would be all sorts of safety expectations, additional liability coverage needed, as well as commercial auto insurance (which is expensive)... maybe even a different class license needed for the driver.

i know in GA a 12 passenger van doesn't require a chauffeur's license but everything 15 passenger and up does. My mother used to drive a van for a sheltered workshop type place here in our town to pick up and drop off disabled adults and she had to have a chauffeur's license.

Its not hard, you incompetent fools. Its called a checklist. Check each kids name off as it exits the bus.

Or, you know, just look in the rearview.

Poor little Angel. Rest in peace. My sincere condolences with the family.

I don't understand how this is even possible. Someone driving a bus or a van full of kids should always look at each seat and the floors for that matter too.

No one noticed he was missing? No one said *hey, where is Angel today?
The person that drove the van didn't remember picking him up and notice not seeing him?

Latest posts

Back