• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...-convicted-for-stealing-gas-to-fuel-wife-bmw/
A Miami-Dade police officer may get up to five years in prison after making the county’s gas pump his personal fueling station.

Sgt. Emil Van Lugo, an aficionado of extravagant cars, owned three Ferraris and his wife had a BMW. He was convicted and could face jail time for stealing $277.25 in county gas.

Lugo was captured on video making weekly trips to a county fuel depot and filling up his patrol car and two spare gas cans. Investigators said he stole gas for 50 consecutive weekends.

Sadly, Sgt. Van Lugo cared more about cheating the county out of a few dollars to fuel his stable of cars than he did about his oath to uphold the law,” Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle told The Miami Herald
external-link.png

Lugo, who was with the police department for about 16 years, earned about $130,000 a year. He has said that he’s been able to afford the Ferraris because they are pre-owned. He insists they sit in garage and he does not drive them.

He drove a 2007 Ford Crown Victoria for work.

During the weeklong trial, his defense attorney argued that Lugo would never pour lower grade gasoline in his wife’s high-end car. Lugo has insisted that gasoline in the containers were never used for his personal cars.

It took the jury a bit more than two hours to charge Lugo with third-degree felony, and he faces up to five years in prison. He’s currently out on bail awaiting sentencing.
[....]

Lugo has insisted that gasoline in the containers were never used for his personal cars.
So... he used stolen gas for his watercraft,lawn mower, pressure washer, generator, his mother's car?
I wonder what else he stole. Office supplies, printer toner, flashlight batteries, latex gloves. I bet he's got a stockpile of trivial thefts at home.

What a dumbass! Risk your entire career to make off with $5.50 worth of gas per week (I averaged the $277 over 50 trips)

He probably stockpiles sugar packets & napkins too!

3 Ferraris, a BMW and a crown victoria.
Yeah, I would be looking over every call this guy has gone on. Especially any drug busts. I bet he's had his hand in the cookie jar for a long time.

A lif
So... he used stolen gas for his watercraft,lawn mower, pressure washer, generator, his mother's car?
I wonder what else he stole. Office supplies, printer toner, flashlight batteries, latex gloves. I bet he's got a stockpile of trivial thefts at home.

He's probably sitting on a lifetime supply of Post It's.

If he had to steal petrol then perhaps he needed to manage his budget better. Spending all his cash on luxury cars to 'just sit there and not be driven' isn't smart - especially when you have to steal petrol for them. Who is he trying to kid. Of course the petrol was for his desperate dick enlarging possessions.

There's no telling what else he's got hiding in his dug out dungeon (that I'm sure he has) sitting under the garage below the Ferraris.

The asshole who managed the City Utilities, in my town, was arrested for taking city money from the Electricity/Water department and buying collectibles, toys basically, and all the while anyone who was a few minutes late on their electric bill got cut off. He also sent out large fake bills to customers.

I got one at Christmas one year for over $300 in water, (average water charge was $8-$10) we had to either pay it or hire a plumber to prove that we had a leak, needless to say paying it was cheaper.

Then later it was discovered he was using it as his checking account. He went to jail but didn't stay there long.

Now here's how to steal from your employer!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Crundwell

"Rita A. Crundwell (born January 10, 1953) was the appointed comptroller and treasurer of Dixon, Illinois, from 1983 to 2012, and the admitted operator of what is believed to be the largest municipal fraud in American history. She was fired in April 2012 after it was revealed that she had embezzled $53.7 million from the city over 22 years to support her championship American Quarter Horse breeding operation. She pleaded guilty to her crimes and was sentenced to nearly 20 years in prison."

Now here's how to steal from your employer!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Crundwell

"Rita A. Crundwell (born January 10, 1953) was the appointed comptroller and treasurer of Dixon, Illinois, from 1983 to 2012, and the admitted operator of what is believed to be the largest municipal fraud in American history. She was fired in April 2012 after it was revealed that she had embezzled $53.7 million from the city over 22 years to support her championship American Quarter Horse breeding operation. She pleaded guilty to her crimes and was sentenced to nearly 20 years in prison."
Horses are expensive... :shrug:

:hilarious:

Back