• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...er-kills-black-man/ar-BBvxTJs?ocid=spartanntp
The mother of a black man fatally shot by a white homeowner who claimed he was going to “secure his neighborhood” from “hoodlums” pleaded for justice and broader social change so that “other parents won’t have to go through this.”

And an attorney for the family of Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, the 20-year-old who was killed Sunday morning in Raleigh, N.C., called the gunman who fired the fatal shot “George Zimmerman 2.0,” in reference to the neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot an unarmed black teenager, Trayvon Martin, four years ago in Florida.
[....]
Police say Chad Copley, 39, fired a shot from inside his garage on Sunday morning, killing Thomas, who friends and family say was walking to his car after leaving a party.

Before firing what he described as a “warning shot,” Copley had called 911, telling dispatchers that he was “locked and loaded” and going to confront “hoodlums” who were armed and racing up and down his street, according to a recording of the call obtained by The Post.

He then called back and told the 911 operator: “We got somebody that got hit.”

When officers arrived, they found Thomas suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at a hospital a little later.

Copley was arrested and is in Wake County jail, where he’s charged with first-degree murder. If convicted, he could face the death penalty.

Simone Butler-Thomas told The Post that she believes Copley’s actions were motivated by race.

“If there was a group of Caucasian kids skateboarding up and down the street, would he have done that to them?” she said.
[....]
The Thomas family’s attorney, Justin Bamberg, told The Post that Copley must be prosecuted “to the fullest extent of the law” to deter others from taking justice into their own hands.

“One reason we keep seeing these things happen is that they look at situations like George Zimmerman and see the fact that at the end of the day, he was acquitted,” Bamberg said. “Mr. Copley was not in danger. I don’t believe that anybody can find that his fear — if there was any — was reasonable, given the facts. He fired from his garage into the street and then killed an innocent person.”

Some details of the fatal confrontation remain unclear, but Raleigh police have confirmed that Copley fired at Thomas from the garage.
[....]
On Sunday, calling 911 from his home in northeast Raleigh around 1 a.m., Copley claimed to be a part of his neighborhood watch. He told a 911 operator to send a police car fast — he was “locked and loaded,” he said, and was going outside to confront a group of “hoodlums.”

“We got a bunch of hoodlums out here racing,” he said. “I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood.”

The dispatcher asked: “You’re going to do what?”

“I’m going to secure my neighborhood,” Copley said.

He continued: “I’m on neighborhood watch. I am going to have the neighborhood meet these hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It’s 1 in the morning. There’s some devil in them. They have firearms, and we’re going to secure our neighborhood. If I was you, I would send PD out here as quickly as possible.”

A few minutes later, Copley was on the phone with dispatchers again.

“I yelled at them, ‘Please leave the premises,'” he said. “They were showing firearms, so I fired a warning shot and uh, we got somebody that got hit. …

“I fired my warning shot like I’m supposed to by law. … They do have firearms, and I’m trying to protect myself and my family.”

The dispatcher pressed for more information: Who’s been shot, how badly are they injured — and where, exactly, is the victim?

“Please just send a car,” Copley responded. “There’s friggin’ black males outside my friggin’ house with firearms. Please, send PD. Thank you.”

He then hung up.
[....]

“If there was a group of Caucasian kids skateboarding up and down the street, would he have done that to them?” she said.

In my opinion, asshole like that, he probably would have. Disturbing his sleep, drinking, country music watching, who knows, Yeah he would have.

who were armed and racing up and down his street,
Things must be different in every town. In my town when black people are racing up and down the street (even if they are armed) a robbery doesn't usually follow. It my area it may even mean they are scared as shit because they are being shot at and need help.

Where I live most crimes are being committed by people who are trying not to attract much attention. Even the white people commit crimes while trying not to get caught.

Every time I read a story like this, I'm reminded of the character Ronnie in Observe and Report. A delusional, wannabe police officer "cleaning up the streets". Psycho with a gun :banghead:

http://fusion.net/story/334617/chad...medium=cpc&utm_campaign=boost&utm_term=242041

A white man from Raleigh, N.C. has been charged with murder after shooting and killing a young black man he had apparently told a 911 dispatcher was part of a group of “hoodlums.”

Police said Chad Cameron Copley, 39, was inside his garage when he fired what he called a “warning shot” at a group of young people outside his home. He hit 20-year-old Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, fatally wounding him, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

In 911 tapes later released by police that came in around the time of the incident, a man purported to be Copley tells a dispatcher, “We’ve got a bunch of hoodlums out here. I’m locked and loaded, and I’m going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible.”

The caller continues: “I’m going to secure my neighborhood. I’m on neighborhood watch. I’m gonna have the neighbors with me. There’s hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It’s 1 o’clock in the morning, um, there’s some vandalism. They have firearms, and we’re going to secure our neighborhood. If I were you, I’d send PD as quickly as possible.”

When the dispatcher asks the man to provide an address or an intersection in addition to the street name, he replies: “Negative, ma’am. It’s in Raleigh, North Carolina. PD can work with that. Thank you.” Then the call ends.

few minutes later the same male calls in again, saying “We have a lot of people outside our house, yelling and shouting profanities. I yelled at them, ‘Please leave the premises.’ They were showing a firearm, so I fired a warning shot and, uh, we got somebody that got hit.”

"Someone was shot?” the operator asks.

“Well, I don’t know if they were shot or not, ma’am,” the male tells her. “I fired my warning shot like I’m supposed to by law. They do have firearms, and I’m trying to protect myself and my family.”

There does not appear to be any such “warning shot” law in North Carolina, according to gun info site USA Carry.

The operator then asks the man whom he’s referring to.

Ma’am, I don’t know who they are,” he says. “There’s frigging black males outside my frigging house with firearms. Please send PD.” Then he hangs up.

In a news release, Raleigh police did not corroborate any of the claims made in the 911 call, except the fact that Thomas was “among people who were outside of Copley’s home,” TheAssociated Press reported.

The News & Observer spoke with a friend of Thomas’, who explained the pair were trying to get into a party a couple doors’ down from Copley’s home. They were on their way home when Thomas was shot.

“He turned his head back to me, and that’s when a shot went off,” David Walker said. “We didn’t know that it came from the house. We were all looking around like, who got a gun?"

Another party attendee told the paper the party was quiet.

“It was silent,” Jordan Lewis, 16, said. “No fighting and no arguing and no one waving guns.”

Copley was arrested hours later after additional calls about the disturbance came in, and was charged with murder, the APreported. He is being held without bond.

“We’re broken apart torn apart, not doing well,” said an unnamed man at Thomas’ home when reached by theAP. “Trying to get our lives back on track the way it was but it’s hard. We lost somebody very special to us.”

He asks the dispatcher to send cops but refuses to give an address?

Someone wanted to go 'head on and shoot some black folks and then later claim he was threatened and begged for help.

Fucking asshole murderer.

Hmm. I think this fellow needs some personal attention. A power drill to the eyeballs sounds perfect. I could be wrong though. What!? You think I'm crazy? Whaddayou know! Ok..maybe a little bit. I just like to see the perty red stuff gush all over the place. Gaahahaah!!

The trial for a Raleigh man charged with murder after a young man was shot and killed in August 2016 in an act the man claimed was self-defense began Monday.

Chad Copley, 40, is accused of killing Kouren-Rodney Thomas after firing his shotgun from the garage of his Singleleaf Lane home on Aug. 7, 2016.

In a 911 a call Copley said, “We got a bunch of hoodlums out here racing. I am locked and loaded and I am going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible. I am going to secure my neighborhood. I am on the neighborhood watch. I am going to have my neighbors with me.”

About seven minutes after that call, Copley called 911 again.

“We have a house…we have a lot of people outside of our house yelling and shouting obscenities. I yelled at them ‘please leave the premises.’ They were showing firearms, so I fired a warning shot and we got someone that got hit,” he said.

“I don’t know if they are shot, I fired my warning shot like I am supposed to by law. They do have firearms and I am trying to protect myself and family,” Copley said. “I don’t know who they are…There is a park right down the road.”

Copley’s attorneys argue the shooting was an act of self-defense and Copley was protecting his self and family after a group of individuals gathered outside his home.

“The defendant specifically alleges that his home was under a violent assault by validated gang members of the ‘G-shine Bloods,’” according to a motion filed by Chad Copley’s attorney. “The defendant was not the aggressor, and the defendant did not use excessive force. Alternatively, the defendant reserves the right to assert the defense of accident.”

The case has shined a light on North Carolina’s stand your ground laws — meaning a person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force in limited circumstances.

North Carolina has a “stand your ground” law and “castle doctrine” law but only if someone believes that such force is necessary.

North Carolina’s stand your ground law states a person is allowed to use deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if that person “reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another.”

The state’s castle doctrine law gives someone the right to use deadly force to defend his or her home, vehicle or workplace if there’s “a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily harm.”

“In both cases the defense attorneys are going to have to show that the shooter had a reasonable fear for his life,” said Campbell Law Professor Greg Wallace. “They’re going to have to prove that their client is not an aggressor. You cannot just shoot someone for standing in your yard.”

Thomas’ family hired high-profile civil rights attorney Justin Bamberg, who called Copley “George Zimmerman 2.0,” in a press conference just a few days after the shooting.

Copley told 911 dispatchers he was a neighborhood watchman, just like Zimmerman claimed.

When asked why he compared the Zimmerman and Copley cases, Bamberg said, “There are similarities, but I have a feeling there will be a different outcome.”

Jury selection begins today and the trial is expected to last a couple of weeks. CBS North Carolina will be in court for the trial.
http://wncn.com/2018/02/12/trial-to...arged-with-murder-after-shooting-at-hoodlums/

It’s assholes like this that the rest of us need protection from.

A white homeowner from North Carolina who shot to death an unarmed black man after reporting 'hoodlums' in the neighborhood has been found guilty of first-degree murder.

A mixed-race jury in Raleigh spent less than two hours on Thursday deliberating before finding Chad Copley, 40, guilty of premeditated murder in the death of 20-year-old Kouren-Rodney Thomas, which has drawn comparisons to the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin at the hands of George Zimmerman in Florida.

Copley faces life in prison without parole when he is sentenced on Friday.

Prosecutors had said Copley appeared bent on violence in August 2016, when he told 911 operators he was 'locked and loaded' to confront people he described as armed 'hoodlums' and launched a 'surprise attack.'

Defense attorneys acknowledged Copley fired the fatal shotgun blast, but said he feared for his safety and was covered by the state's Castle doctrine, which allows people to use force to protect their home.

During closing arguments defense lawyer Raymond Tarlton said Copley had acted in self-defense and the police investigation of the incident was shoddy, according to the Raleigh News & Observer.

Copley tearfully testified on Tuesday that he was defending his family by firing at men approaching the attached garage where his son slept and lifting their shirts to show handguns in their waistbands.

Copley said from the stand that he thought the loud, armed people in the street were friends of his own drug-taking son until he expressed fear about the unfamiliar crowd.

No gun was found on Thomas or anywhere at the scene.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5426533/Man-convicted-murder-shooting-unarmed-black-man.html
4984FB2B00000578-5426533-image-a-13_1519397713470.jpg

Back