• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
You guys need to back off. @RandomUser555 is agreeing with everything you say about this guy, but she's holding off on flipping the switch until after the evidence is shown. How our system works.

Right now you only "know" what the media has reported, and the police have released. I'm thinking this guy should rot in hell, myself, but I'm waiting for confirmation of the real evidence, and the big picture, before I know he should rot in hell.

For example, the police submitted a case of attempted murder to me once. Girl stabbed boyfriend. Boyfriend hospitalized, said she did it. Happened at her family house, and all HER family said she did it. She even said she did it.

Guilty, right?

Wrong. When I finished reading all (ALL) the police reports, I saw a very different case. Why? Because he'd hospitalized her last time he came home drunk - sliced her foot near off. And this time he was drunk - with a gun. And, follow up interviews with family said, yeah, she stabbed him, and first thing he said after stumbling out of room was "hide my gun". And they did.

Much more evidence than just this, but you should get the picture. I decided not to charge her, because ALL the evidence shows a different picture. And, I couldn't prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

Do I think this guy had a justification? No, not at all. Just saying there's nothing wrong with waiting to flip the switch until all the evidence, and unquestionably the correct evidence, gets told.

Chill, people. Youre just being cranky now for the hell of it.
Yes, that all sound good in theory. But there is more to this than accusations. detectives went to the Weatherford Walmart, where employees showed them surveillance video of Beard and Botello buying shovels and gloves with cash on the night of July 4th. Plus he has made several statements to police. I wasn't being cranky at all in my post. But I am against supporting someone who is not only charged with this horrendous crime, but there is evidence to prove he was involved! Even if he didn't kill her himself, which I doubt. They BOTH are, without a shadow of a doubt,responsible for her death and both disposed of this poor little baby's body. Not to mention, tried to cover it up and acted like it was no big deal. That shows what kind of people we are dealing with here.
This isn't a case of strictly hearsay, there is evidence to the contrary that he was involved without a doubt.
No matter what his level of involvement was, I will not support a innocent until proven on this one, due to the video of him buying shovels and gloves and to the forensic evidence that she was in his trunk.
The "mother" is just as guilty, if not more so. She had a responsibility to protect her child. And failed!
They both can rot... But that is my opinion.
Rest in peace baby girl, I can't imagine what this little girl went through. Regardless she was proven to be murdered and there are only two people that are involved, sorry but both are just as guilty in my eyes.

Last edited:
Look, I'm not here to argue, but can you support your statement that he admitted guilt to a family member or gave a testimony to the police in any compacity, whether he admitted guilt or not? My knowledge is that he has remained completely silent. I would ask that you explain further on why that is either your belief or to show proof of such. I'm truly interested in this new information that you apear to have. Thank you.

All I did was ask him/her to post the statement that was supposedly given by Josh and to explain who he admitted guilt to. Aren't you curious about the same? I haven't seen that info mentioned anywhere.

I have only seen the statement that she gave to the police.

Last edited:
@RandomUser555,
No, I am not curious because I have no way to verify. For a dozen pages, this thread is going in circles. I think you set yourself up for notifications and are compelled to keep reading and posting.
I'm sorry it bothers you so much. Are you on other websites talking about this so much? I'm done with this thread. You will reply, but I won't read it so
Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Last edited:
If you don't have any way to verify, then wouldn't it make sense to question such a strong statement that the other person made? He/she claimed that several statements were made to the police. If so, what were those statements? We are able to read hers, so why not his if this is true? Who is this unnamed family source? Look, someone is guilty, obviously. Someone hurt that little girl and needs to be prosecuted. That may in fact be my nephew. Time will tell. Not asking for facts to support a statement would be foolish imho. I haven't exactly been welcomed with open arms on this forum, but that's OK. I can handle that. I hope you will be ok with hearing my response to your statements and thoughts. We can only learn from each other. Take care.

Last edited:
I love you @witzah, good to see your reasonable, seasoned advice.
He more than likely needs to rot in hell and mama with him, but we can wait a little while longer.

@cubby - thank you! I love seeing your familiar "face" when I'm cruising through DD!! Good ol times, fo sho!
[doublepost=1475299106,1475298834][/doublepost]
Yes, that all sound good in theory. But there is more to this than accusations. detectives went to the Weatherford Walmart, where employees showed them surveillance video of Beard and Botello buying shovels and gloves with cash on the night of July 4th. Plus he has made several statements to police. I wasn't being cranky at all in my post. But I am against supporting someone who is not only charged with this horrendous crime, but there is evidence to prove he was involved! Even if he didn't kill her himself, which I doubt. They BOTH are, without a shadow of a doubt,responsible for her death and both disposed of this poor little baby's body. Not to mention, tried to cover it up and acted like it was no big deal. That shows what kind of people we are dealing with here.
This isn't a case of strictly hearsay, there is evidence to the contrary that he was involved without a doubt.
No matter what his level of involvement was, I will not support a innocent until proven on this one, due to the video of him buying shovels and gloves and to the forensic evidence that she was in his trunk.
The "mother" is just as guilty, if not more so. She had a responsibility to protect her child. And failed!
They both can rot... But that is my opinion.
Rest in peace baby girl, I can't imagine what this little girl went through. Regardless she was proven to be murdered and there are only two people that are involved, sorry but both are just as guilty in my eyes.

You are missing my point. Entirely. I thought i was clear before, but let me try again.

I'm not saying I think this guy is innocent, or his acts were justified. I am saying that until I see the evidence directly - not as digested and later spat out by the biased media - I'm holding back on condemning him to hell for an eternity.

You site evidence as proof of guilt. Where did you get this evidence? Are you police investigating this case? Are you prosecution reviewing the case? Is this verifiable evidence with unbroken chains of custody impounded prior to your review? And then analyzed as a whole, including any possible justifications - subjecting it to reasonable doubt?

Do you get what I'm saying? Videos shown on the news are not dispositive of anything, and can't be cited as proof of jack. Or could be incomplete, taken out of context, edited, and completely lacks the foundation necessary to even determine relevance.

If what you stated ends up being true, then sure - I think there will be zero hesitation in condemning him. And, as I said already, I tend to believe he's culpable here - but until the actual evidence itself gets presented at trial and is subject to scrutiny, I'm keeping my mind open. I'm NOT convicting someone based on reports from our unquestionably biased media - which, unless you are police/prosecution, is exactly where you got all your "evidence".

Back off the family member who has repeatedly agreed with your condemnation, but simply stated she'd give him what our laws entitle him to.

Is there anyone on here for whom this is local news? This is the thread that I joined to follow because I was so shocked and appalled, and it just disappeared from national news. I can't tell you how often I've googled for information in the last two years or so, but it seems like both cases - the case against the birth giver (I will not call her a mother) and the separate case against the guy she was nailing - have just disappeared into thin air. More than two years and still no action on these cases? NOTHING? I have a hard time believing that... so maybe the news has somehow magically stayed local?

Tl;dr: I can't find updates, does anyone know anything?

Is there anyone on here for whom this is local news? This is the thread that I joined to follow because I was so shocked and appalled, and it just disappeared from national news. I can't tell you how often I've googled for information in the last two years or so, but it seems like both cases - the case against the birth giver (I will not call her a mother) and the separate case against the guy she was nailing - have just disappeared into thin air. More than two years and still no action on these cases? NOTHING? I have a hard time believing that... so maybe the news has somehow magically stayed local?

Tl;dr: I can't find updates, does anyone know anything?

This is also the cade that got me hooked on this Forum. And I google it all the time and get nothing. I get nothing from the families facebook pages either. It makes me sad.

This story was heartbreaking i remember and sure as shit isnt any less so now....only thing i can find is this link to a dropped appeal from a Joshua Beard Vs Texas in 2015, no idea if related or what...and youre right its absolutely fucking sad there is no update about it any where....hard to even find the fucker as a prison inmate....hope ro god hes not just walking the fuck around free.

This story was heartbreaking i remember and sure as shit isnt any less so now....only thing i can find is this link to a dropped appeal from a Joshua Beard Vs Texas in 2015, no idea if related or what...and youre right its absolutely fucking sad there is no update about it any where....hard to even find the fucker as a prison inmate....hope ro god hes not just walking the fuck around free.

Omg. So did he get bail or something? Why is he not an inmate? Searched and got nothing, but then I also got nothing for "A. Botello", either. This makes me think that, perhaps, pre-trial animates did not appear. I cannot imagine them BOTH getting bail, especially in Texas of all states. I feel like they'd be more likely to both get the death penalty than to both get bail for this terrible crime.

They are both still in jail. His trial is set for April 16th of this year. Not sure about hers but know it is soon. Nothing on the local news. I know someone who is friends with Alexis family. They stand by her and claim she was a victim as much as Tylea was. And im pretty sure they are hoping for time served. I don' know what to think. It's heart breaking.

CAPITAL MURDER TRIAL BEGINS FOR ARLINGTON MAN ACCUSED OF STOMPING CHILD'S STOMACH
That warrant was issued in July 2014 just hours after the 18-month-old was beaten and stomped in an Arlington home and then her body, clad in a diaper and wrapped in a blanket, was buried under a bridge near Springtown.
CRIME

3 hours ago

Author:Domingo Ramirez, Jr., Star Telegram
Published:6:01 AM CDT April 18, 2018
Updated:7:20 AM CDT April 18, 2018
Tylea Moore was an 18-month-old bundle of joy for Alexis Botello in 2014.

But Botello's boyfriend, Joshua Beard, called the toddler a "little demon," according to an arrest warrant.

That warrant was issued in July 2014 just hours after Tylea was beaten and stomped in an Arlington home and then her body, clad in a diaper and wrapped in a blanket, was buried under a

Beard was charged with capital murder, as was Botello, who was 17 at the time. Botello also faces a charge of tampering with evidence.

On Tuesday morning, testimony began in Beard's capital murder trial in Criminal District Court No. 2.

Prosecutors have waived the death penalty for Beard, 24.

The warrant gave this brief account of the killing:

The couple were at their home in the 2200 block of Polo Club Court in Arlington when Beard began pushing and yelling at Tylea, Botello said. The mother screamed at him, but Beard kept hitting Tylea, leaving the toddler with bruises all over her body. The child also had bite marks on her body.

Beard picked up Tylea, whom he called the “little demon,” and threw her so hard on a bed that she bounced off and landed on the floor, where Beard repeatedly stomped on her stomach.

Eventually, Tylea stopped breathing and the couple tried CPR, but she died.

Botello told detectives that Beard put Tylea’s body in her car trunk and they drove to Parker County to bury the child. They stopped at a Wal-Mart in Weatherford and bought gloves and two shovels.

They found a remote area in the 1900 block of Sarra Lane near Springtown and dug a grave under a bridge. The couple buried the child in a diaper and wrapped her in a blue blanket. Beard put some logs and rocks on the dirt over the grave, and the couple left the two shovels near the bridge.

To continue reading this story in its original format, go here.

© 2018 WFAA-TV

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

You May Love
https://cat.sv.us.criteo.com/delive...users&utm_medium=2706_92012_CoreOutdoorLiving
[doublepost=1524066177,1524065918][/doublepost]CAPITAL MURDER TRIAL BEGINS FOR ARLINGTON MAN ACCUSED OF STOMPING CHILD'S STOMACH
That warrant was issued in July 2014 just hours after the 18-month-old was beaten and stomped in an Arlington home and then her body, clad in a diaper and wrapped in a blanket, was buried under a bridge near Springtown.
CRIME

3 hours ago

Author:Domingo Ramirez, Jr., Star Telegram
Published:6:01 AM CDT April 18, 2018
Updated:7:20 AM CDT April 18, 2018
Tylea Moore was an 18-month-old bundle of joy for Alexis Botello in 2014.

But Botello's boyfriend, Joshua Beard, called the toddler a "little demon," according to an arrest warrant.

That warrant was issued in July 2014 just hours after Tylea was beaten and stomped in an Arlington home and then her body, clad in a diaper and wrapped in a blanket, was buried under a bridge

Beard was charged with capital murder, as was Botello, who was 17 at the time. Botello also faces a charge of tampering with evidence.

On Tuesday morning, testimony began in Beard's capital murder trial in Criminal District Court No. 2.

Prosecutors have waived the death penalty for Beard, 24.

The warrant gave this brief account of the killing:

The couple were at their home in the 2200 block of Polo Club Court in Arlington when Beard began pushing and yelling at Tylea, Botello said. The mother screamed at him, but Beard kept hitting Tylea, leaving the toddler with bruises all over her body. The child also had bite marks on her body.

Beard picked up Tylea, whom he called the “little demon,” and threw her so hard on a bed that she bounced off and landed on the floor, where Beard repeatedly stomped on her stomach.

Eventually, Tylea stopped breathing and the couple tried CPR, but she died.

Botello told detectives that Beard put Tylea’s body in her car trunk and they drove to Parker County to bury the child. They stopped at a Wal-Mart in Weatherford and bought gloves and two shovels.

They found a remote area in the 1900 block of Sarra Lane near Springtown and dug a grave under a bridge. The couple buried the child in a diaper and wrapped her in a blue blanket. Beard put some logs and rocks on the dirt over the grave, and the couple left the two shovels near the bridge.

To continue reading this story in its original format, go here.

© 2018 WFAA-TV

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

You May Love
https://cat.sv.us.criteo.com/delive...users&utm_medium=2706_92012_CoreOutdoorLiving

1680850_1404877684.2024.jpg

From jail, he repeatedly tried to call Botello. He contacted his aunt Trina McKenzie, who went to the motel and found her.

When McKenzie asked Botello where Tylea was, Botello said the child was with her grandmother — Botello’s mother. But McKenzie told investigators that the grandmother, Angela Botello, said she had not seen the child in more than a month.

Two days later, on July 6, 2014, Arlington police were called to the motel to investigate a report of a missing child. After initially saying that she hadn’t seen her daughter in two days, Botello told investigators that her boyfriend had killed the child but that “he said he didn’t mean to do it.”
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article209604659.html

I hope the mother gets the same amount of time or even more. He didn't mean to do it, but you meant to continue sucking his dick and helping him hide her body.

Where is the Rubic's Cube, auntie who said that there was no evidence? Baby is dead, buried with shovels that they bought and their is no evidence her nephew did it?

I doubt people would plead guilty to such a crime if they weren't guilty. I don't understand how a person could harm a child in such a way, much less not show remorse afterwards. I don't have an explanation. I tried to withhold judgement until the trial took place, but knowing that he's truly guilty is tough. I actually think 30 years is too light of a sentence.

@Jellybean1711 - I agree that there was obviously evidence of a horrible crime. I just wanted my nephew to have a chance to speak for himself. Please don't attack me for what someone else did.

I doubt people would plead guilty to such a crime if they weren't guilty. I don't understand how a person could harm a child in such a way, much less not show remorse afterwards. I don't have an explanation. I tried to withhold judgement until the trial took place, but knowing that he's truly guilty is tough. I actually think 30 years is too light of a sentence.

@Jellybean1711 - I agree that there was obviously evidence of a horrible crime. I just wanted my nephew to have a chance to speak for himself. Please don't attack me for what someone else did.

I'm sorry someone you love is such a monster. And even more sorry for Tylea. I agree his punishment isnt severe enough. That poor lil baby. She truly suffered..physically, emotionally.

I will say one thing. I judge her as any mom would. We have an obligation to protect our children even if it means putting our own safety at risk. I can't even imagine behaving the way that she did regardless of her fears. I will say this though. I know his family and I believe her fear was real. I absolutely believe she should be in prison, but I don't think she should have gotten the same punishment that he did. Everything is over and decided. I just have my opinions like anyone else.

I recently read a few articles about her trial and retract my previous statement.

You're related to that piece of shit ... She shouldn't be in jail, she was a little girl herself. I hope her lawyer appeals. If someone killed my child in front of me, I'd do whatever they told me too, because it'd be appropriate too. Did this judge only ever hear of fight and flight, but not freeze or submit ???
Could you imagine trying to keep it together before, during, after something like that ... talk about an exercise in endurance.

You're related to that piece of shit ... She shouldn't be in jail, she was a little girl herself. I hope her lawyer appeals. If someone killed my child in front of me, I'd do whatever they told me too, because it'd be appropriate too. Did this judge only ever hear of fight and flight, but not freeze or submit ???
Could you imagine trying to keep it together before, during, after something like that ... talk about an exercise in endurance.
I dont give a damn how "in fear" of her life she was....ive never been that situation but i am fairly confident the love of my CHILD would FAR outweigh the love i desire from my boyfriend/husband.....never would i allow a hand to my child for fear of MY life.....fucker would havta kill us BOTH.

@Kimberix ... I think most people would be shocked into compliance if they seen some one murdered in front of them. Look at those women in St. Louis, at the catholic supply store, only one of them was shot and died ... the other two sucked the man that pulled the triggers cock, just like he told them too. And while I appreciate what you're saying, I think seeing your child murdered, would be worse than watching someone who wasn't your child be murdered and i think that part of you would die ... that you'd be numb. I can't fault her for that ... it probably saved her.
Post automatically merged:

@Kimberix ... She is stupid for dating this guy, letting him move in. Letting him call her kid a demon. All these single moms giving these guys that hate their guts a place to sleep at night, just to hear I love you ... its all shitty.

Last edited:
Back