• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
ROWAN COUNTY, NC
– Five years after she disappeared, and three years after she was reported missing, the skeletal remains of 13-year-old Erica Parsons have been found.

For those of you who may not remember this case, here’s a quick refresher:

Erica was adopted by Casey and Sandy Parsons when she was two weeks old. In 2013, Erica’s step-brother reported her missing, but investigators would learn no one had seen the girl since 2011.

Casey and Sandy said they’d sent her to live with a relative in Asheville, but it turned out the relative didn’t exist. Over the next several months, police searched several properties but could not find Erica.

In 2014, Casey and Sandy were convicted on 76 federal charges for taking benefits for adoption assistance during the time Erica was missing. Casey was sentenced to 10 years, and Sandy was sentenced to eight years.

In July, Erica’s aunt and adoptive sister said they believed Erica was dead and that Casey and Sandy Parsons knew where Erica’s body was located. They also said when they visited Sandy in prison, he said he would tell investigators the location of Erica’s remains if they cut him a deal.

Earlier this week, Sandy led investigators to a shallow grave in Pageland, South Carolina that contained Erica’s skeletal remains. The property is believed to belong to one of Sandy’s family members.

More information is expected to be released when thee Rowan County Sheriff’s Office hold a press conference next week.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Sad Erica was found deceased but we all pretty much expected that...after reading all the lies the parents told. I'm glad she can be put to rest in a manner which she deserves. I'm glad her body was found also so these two monsters can be charged and convicted with her death. Not even sure I want to know the details on her death. The fact they kept collecting benefits for her for years after they killed her makes this even more despicable. I'm glad the step brother stepped up to the plate and reported her missing. All the other adults relatives speaking out now...where were they then? Why didn't they report her missing. Still so many unanswered questions.

Five years after she disappeared, and three years after she was reported missing, the skeletal remains of 13-year-old Erica Parsons have been found.

I hate cops right now...

he would tell investigators the location of Erica’s remains if they cut him a deal.

If --- fucking asshole.

The property is believed to belong to one of Sandy’s family members.

I guess the police never bothered looking there...had to make a deal with this loser instead.

Fucking assholes ... everyone including the POLICE.

I hate cops right now...

If --- fucking asshole.

I guess the police never bothered looking there...had to make a deal with this loser instead.

Fucking assholes ... everyone including the POLICE.

I'd rather hate on the killers.

Police work is not cut and dry like you watch on telivision. I have no doubt that they tried their hardest to solve a case that was essentially cold when they recieved it. She had already been missing for 2 years.

I read nothing in the article that says anything about a reason for then to check said property? Surely we don't really think cops can just dig willy nilly in the yards of everyone who knew them simply because they know a suspect with a missing child?

Surely we don't really think cops can just dig willy nilly in the yards of everyone who knew them simply because they know a suspect with a missing child?

With today's technology who says they would need too?

Also its homicide their job is to know everything there is to know about the people closest to this

child and from here that looks like relatives and properties they might own that might

be ideal for hiding or concealing a body too me.

This little girl should have been found a long time ago.

Also its homicide their job is to know everything there is to know about the people closest to this

child and from here that looks like relatives and properties they might own that might

be ideal for hiding or concealing a body too me.

This little girl should have been found a long time ago.

I agree that she should have been found long ago, but don't see anywhere in the article that says it was a "close" family member or any reason to draw them to the property previousley.

I have family in law enforcement. People, especially ones who killed and hid their child, are not forthcoming with information and the system is overloaded with cases to investigate. They don't take time without a reason to suspect something went down there. Knowing a suspect is not enough.

If there were torture in prisons, a perp asking for a plea deal would be more
"protective custody please" instead of let me off with a shorter sentence.

If there were torture in prisons, a perp asking for a plea deal would be more
"protective custody please" instead of let me off with a shorter sentence.

Yes, with some crimes, I find it somewhat baffling that convicted individuals receive a whole host of human rights and a certain standard of humane treatment - their victims didn't get their human rights. Their victims didn't receive the legally deemed standard of humane treatment.

People like these scumbags will be housed, fed, bathed, entertained, educated and receive counseling and support etc - what about this poor little girl?

The only reason why they will be convicted and made to suffer the consequences, is because they demanded a 'deal' for their crimes.

They should suffer. Sometimes, in some ways, an eye for an eye is appropriate. These two won't be rehabilitated. They won't experience or show sincere remorse or regret - except for due to self pity. They deserve no better than they doled out.

A good compromise, to satisfy those who are vehemently against retaliatory justice would be the return of true hard labour. Spend your sentence working in a chain gang. Working your sorry ass off. Repay your cost of incarceration to the community by working hard for it, building roads, digging ditches etc. If you have a working brain, no matter your physical condition, you can work it off. No excuses.

And no entertainment. No TV, or internet. No books or sports. Its meant to be punishment after all. Not a holiday. Rehabilitation and the efforts to get criminals out and into work and toeing the line in society is a huge reward to all of them. Its not something they're entitled to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back