• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Would it have helped had the dispatcher told Kristine to take the kids and run earlier in the call, so you think? Should he/she have done so?

Man who 'killed wife while hallucinating on marijuana edibles and painkillers asked son, 7, to kill him so he could be together with her again'
  • Richard Kirk, allegedly asked son to kill him so he could be with his wife
  • During preliminary hearing police say they found an empty bottle of painkillers along with marijuana edibles
  • Couple were having marital difficulties over more than $40,000 in credit card debt
  • Kirk's gun allegedly malfunctioned, preventing him from firing again
  • Wife Kristine Kirk, 44, told 911 dispatchers Monday night that her husband had ate pot candy before starting to hallucinate
  • Mrs Kirk died about 12 minutes into her call after telling dispatchers that her husband Richard Kirk, 47, had retrieved a gun and a shot was heard
  • Investigators later found a receipt from a dispensary, showing Kirk purchased items including an edible called 'Karma Kandy Orange Ginger'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-asked-son-7-kill-again.html#ixzz3BBOnuH3J

There are things my parents said to me that play in my head as if I am there again, things that are so clear I can remember the clothes they were wearing. Its not even like a memory I am there stuck in that time..This poor baby will replay that conversation for the rest of his like:(

They release the 9-11 call yet? Only reason i came into this thread. Be some shit to hear that, ending in the gunshot and all.

Anyways, total bullshit this drug stuff is being talked about that much. For starters, we all know beyond any shadow of a doubt(unless you're a fucking idiot) that this wasn't some crazed, uncontrollable hallucinatory drug reaction. This douchefuck knew what he was doing. The "couple were having marital difficulties over more than 40,000 in credit card debt" is all the motive anybody needs, if you're the type of clown who even needs to hear/understand a motive.

I wouldn't be surprised if he planned all this out, the purchasing of the pot candy, the acting crazy prior to shooting, all so he can try to establish some mental defect or reason of insanity defense.

And most importantly, even if some drug did cause someone to do this, i don't think that should impact the punishment. They still did the deed. Fuck em. It's irrelevant information.

Richard will stand trial.
DENVER (CBS4) – A Denver man accused of eating a pot edible he bought at a marijuana shop and then killing his wife will stand trial.

Richard Kirk faces a first-degree murder charge in the shooting death of his wife, Kristine, 44, in April 2014.

On Thursday Kirk appeared in court and was set to either go back to the Colorado Mental Health Institute for treatment or head into court proceedings that would lead to a trial. The judge decided on the latter.

Last year Kirk plead not guilty by reason of insanity. That plea still stands, but the evaluation indicates he is competent to stand trial.

Officials with the Denver District Attorney’s Office say even though Kirk was bound over for trial, it’s still possible that the mental health evaluation supports his insanity defense.

Kirk has been in custody since the murder took place. His defense said he was so impaired by the marijuana that he may not have intended to kill his wife, but prosecutors argue he had the wherewithal to remember the code to a locked gun safe and press the weapon to his wife’s head.

The judge set a trial date of March 6, 2017. The trial is expected to last approximately two weeks.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/09/29/judge-sets-trial-date-for-richard-kirk/

If being whacked out on drugs was a valid excuse for breaking the law, our prisons would be practically empty!

If being whacked out on drugs was a valid excuse for breaking the law, our prisons would be practically empty!

I remember when me and my friends ate weed brownies back in the day. My one friend flipped the fuck out and started hallucinating. I remember being super fucked up. That being said, a grown ass fucking man should take responsibility for his actions. No sir, you were not temporarily insane. You were high af, there's a difference.

Kirk plead not guilty by reason of insanity.
His defense said he was so impaired by the marijuana that he may not have intended to kill his wife,

I was curious so I did some reading & found out that in some states, you can use the defense of 'voluntary intoxication' meaning you knowingly consumed drugs or alcohol but were rendered 'temporarily insane' by the effects & therefor cannot be held responsible for your actions.

However, Colorado is not one of those states. In Colorado you may not use the excuse as a valid defense. The law in CO states:

"Voluntary intoxication does not excuse criminal conduct;
Intoxication resulting from alcoholism or drug addiction is considered voluntary under common law principles."

So he's not going to be able to be aquitted of the murder if he sticks with this defense. What his attorney might be trying to do with this 'temporary insanity due to voluntary intoxication' defense is to have the 1st degree murder charge lowered to 2nd degree.

CO does allow voluntary intoxication to be considered in 'specific intent' crimes, such as murder- where a person's intent or 'mens rea' would be considered.

"In states that recognize the defense in all specific-intent crimes such as the State of Colorado, if the crime of “murder” is divided into degrees, a defendant may generally introduce evidence that his intoxication prevented him from being able to form the requisite state of mind for first-degree murder."

However, CO law does not allow insanity defenses based on voluntary intoxication:

"Intoxicated-Induced Insanity
– The common law does not recognize a defense of temporary insanity based on intoxication where the defendant’s intoxication was voluntary."
So Idk where his attorney is going with that claim- the law seems pretty clear that claiming 'temp insanity due to intoxication' is not a valid defense in CO?

It seems to me that he might be able to eek out a 2nd degree murder conviction if the defense can prove that he was so intoxicated by drugs, he lacked the ability to form the 'specific intent' needed to be found guilty of 1st degree murder.

Source

A 13 minute 911 call?
Well for starters getting the dispatcher to ..oh I dunno...
dispatch police sooner?

Richard Kirk sentenced to 30 years in prison in 2014 Observatory Park slaying of his wife
He also will serve five years on parole and will be barred from contacting his three sons, now 15, 14, and 10, until the parole period is finished.

Kirk, 50, pleaded guilty in February to second-degree murder. As part of the plea agreement, Kirk also relinquished custody of his three sons to his wife’s parents, Marti and Wayne Kohnke.

The plea agreement allowed the Kirks’ three sons to avoid being called to testify against their father, said Denver Chief Deputy District Attorney Helen Morgan. A trial also could have been a test for Colorado’s marijuana industry because attorneys were prepared to argue over how much influence THC, the psychoactive ingredient in pot, had on his behavior the night of the murder.

The Kohnkes asked for a 30-year sentence because they want their sons to mature as much as possible before having to decide what kind of relationship they will have with their father.
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/07/richard-kirk-2014-observatory-park-wife-homicide-sentencing/

What the fuck?

The kids SHOULD testify against him, he's scum. How the fuck is it better if by easing the hardship on them, youre putting a violent dangerous piece of shit back on the streets to harm more people in just 30 years??? What in the fuck?

Latest posts

Back