• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

thehesbomb

Trusted Member
This is my friend Seth Rittweger who is MISSING from the Reno, Nevada area. He has ties to Carson City Nevada and the San Francisco area as well. The police have officially declared Seth a missing person since it has been several months since he has been heard from.

Seth is grieving the death of his wife and needs to come back to the people who love him, most importantly his sons. Please if you have seen Seth or having any information about his whereabouts, please speak up. I am making this post public in the hopes that it will be shared and that Seth will be found safe.

post a picture

Last edited:
Several months since he's been seen?!

I'm so sorry, @thehesbomb.

I truly hope he is located and comes back to his family. :hug:

I'm sorry your friend is missing! What a heartbreaking position to be in, when a loved one is missing. Praying for you and your friend! I'm so sorry :(
:hug:<3

I live in Carson City, and I've heard nothing about this. Could you tell me more please?

Phewwww...long story, but here goes. He and his wife were living in Carson City with their 3 boys when she was diagnosed with Stage 4 cervical cancer. They fought hard but unfortunately they could not save her. I know Seth had been in recovery from addiction for close to a decade at this point...I believe Stacey was in recovery as well, although I sadly never got the chance to meet her.

Seth tried his best to remain stable for his kids but Stacey was his rock and had really healed him...without her there he relapsed. He and his wife were both part of a Jehovah Witness church in Carson City - we were friends since age 15, when his parents disowned him from the church and kicked him out of the house for "bringing shame" upon the family so it was hard for a lot of his friends to accept that he'd gone back to Jehovah Witness...but if it helped him keep his shit together, so be it.

Anyways after he relapsed he signed temporary custody of the boys over to a church member with the idea that he would get treatment and then reunite with them. He did an 8-week program and got clean and went back to get the boys. Lo and fucking behold she would not relinquish the kids to him despite the certificate from the treatment program and his assurance that she would still be involved in the kids' lives to make sure they were well cared for. After Stacey died he was dirt broke so he went to court without a lawyer to try and get the boys back. She always brought a lawyer and he was just annihilated in court - despite her written agreement the judge sided with her.

From what i understand he just gave up on life at that point and went back to using. He spent several months living on the streets of Reno and the last time anyone had heard from him he had just been jumped and robbed. No suspects were apprehended and we don't know wtf happened after that. He went completely off the grid and has not been heard from by anyone since mid-June.

I am not surprised you haven't heard about it - I am saddened because he is the best sort of person, the kind who looks for the wonderful in everyone and everything. At least that is how I remember him. He is probably not as much that way any more, now that life has brutalized him. But he is a good man, a good friend, he was an amazing father. this is just devastating to everyone that knows him. He was always quick to internalize shame and I *hope* that is what is keeping him away. I hope if enough people call to him, through the internet, and show him how much we love him that he will come back. I am scared that is too late though.

I know this might be tough to consider.....but have you thought about contacting the morgues or medical examiners in that area, for any unidentified OR unclaimed deceased? Many times those can also be found online, if they either can't identify the deceased or if they do know the identity but were unable to contact any next of kin.

Also you can try to contact soup kitchens or shelters and give his name and description, maybe send them a flyer with his picture in case they see him or recognize him. He has to be going somewhere for food and an occasional bed to sleep in.

Methadone clinics maybe, as well? In the downtown city areas that probably serve a lot of homeless clients?

I'm around the corner from the Carson City mission, called Fish (Friends In Service Helping). I can go there after work on Monday and see if anyone recognizes him.

I can go there after work on Monday and see if anyone recognizes him.

Thank you so much McDanel! We're all just beside ourselves. His brother and I officially listed him on the National Missing Persons site...as I told his brother, if nothing else I hope it pisses him off enough to at least let SOMEONE know he is still alive.
[doublepost=1475329766,1475329652][/doublepost]
Also you can try to contact soup kitchens or shelters and give his name and description, maybe send them a flyer with his picture in case they see him or recognize him. He has to be going somewhere for food and an occasional bed to sleep in.

I am exploring those options and trying to find a way to get his name out there. Unfortunately I am on the opposite coast from where he was last seen and we have no immediate connections in NV that will do the "feet on the street" of being able to look for him.
[doublepost=1475329956][/doublepost]
I know this might be tough to consider.....but have you thought about contacting the morgues or medical examiners in that area, for any unidentified OR unclaimed deceased? Many times those can also be found online, if they either can't identify the deceased or if they do know the identity but were unable to contact any next of kin.

definitely something I've thought about. According to California and Nevada (the places I think he might be) there are no unidentified bodies that meet his description. Alf clued me in to one that sounded scarily close to Seth but I called and they told me definitively that the deceased has NO tattoos. So I am trying to stay optimistic...but it's hard. Even best case scenario he is out there addicted, grieving and alone. It's a hard thing to think of.

Wow. He lost EVERYTHING that mattered the most to him. I can't imagine what he is going through. I hope he is found alive and comes back to those that love him. He may have a chance at having his boys in his life again. Miracles do happen.

I was told to come back to read this. I have quite a few places on Facebook for you.
Start with Men Go Missing Too.
There is The Lost and The Found.
Lostnmissing. Cue Center for Missing Persons.
These are just off the top of my head. There are more, but the first 2 can get you started.

Back