• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A father shot dead his girlfriend and her two children before setting their home on fire, authorities have said.
Corey LaValley, 32, was arrested on Tuesday for the murders of 33-year-old Debra Sheppard, his 10-year-old son Corey LaValley Jr., and Sheppard's daughter, 13-year-old Emma McComber.
He is accused of shooting the trio dead at their mobile home in Dorr, Michigan on Monday before returning to the home and setting it alight on Tuesday at around 1pm.
Police found LaValley at a relative's home later that evening and took him into custody without incident. He has been charged with open murder, arson and using a firearm during a felony.

[...]

Authorities have not released a motive for the murders but family members said LaValley had a history of violence. Records show he also had a history of arrests dating back to 2001.

[...]

The 13-year-old girl's father, William McComber, 36, said he had been worried for his daughter's safety.
He claimed he had filed for custody of his daughter but a judge denied his request. The last time he saw her was November, he said.
'I want people to know this isn't just "guy snaps one day, freaks out, and kills his girlfriend and kids". This is years of building up to this, years of warning signs nobody took me seriously about.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...end-two-children-10-13-setting-home-fire.html

He claimed he had filed for custody of his daughter but a judge denied his request. The last time he saw her was November
Good God. If this is true all I have to say is great job judge!

Not every non-custodial parent that files for custody is doing it to be an ass, some have real concerns and fears and it's about time that ALL judges realize that.

Good God. If this is true all I have to say is great job judge!

Not every non-custodial parent that files for custody is doing it to be an ass, some have real concerns and fears and it's about time that ALL judges realize that.

Unless we find out the her dad was a creep, too, AwesomeAwesomeAwesomeResponse.

ETA: Last sentence remains awesome, regardless. <3

Unless we find out the her dad was a creep, too
Don't know how much worse he could have been than the environment she got stuck in? I guess he could be a pedophile and then the judge's decision would make sense but short of that I'm lost on reasoning.

Probably that old "daughters belong with their mothers" bullshit standard that some judges have stuck in their heads.

What the actual motherfuck is going on here. If this has really been an ongoing thing with this nutcase then Mom should not have had her kids in this situation. When will people learn their kids deserve better than the chaotic nonsense we as adults have no problems enduring. Domestic violence doesn't just effect the target of the abuse.

Last edited:
'I want people to know this isn't just "guy snaps one day, freaks out, and kills his girlfriend and kids". This is years of building up to this, years of warning signs nobody took me seriously about.'

Motherfucker better pray for a long sentence were this me.

Having your child even WITNESS domestic violence is child abuse! I don't care who is doing it! This is law! Get it together parents!

Corey LaValley Sr., who pleaded no contest to murdering his girlfriend and two of her children, one of whom was his own, and then setting their house on fire was sentenced Monday, Feb. 29, to at least 55 years in prison.

LaValley, who pleaded in January to three counts of second-degree murder, was given 55 years to life in prison for the shooting deaths of Deb Sheppard, and her two children, Emma McComber, 12, and Corey LaValley Jr., 10.

He was sentenced by Allegan County Circuit Court Judge Margaret Zuzich Bakker.

LaValley Sr. will first be eligible for parole in 2071.

He was initially charged with three counts of open murder, one count of second-degree arson and one count of felony firearm. His charges were reduced to the three counts of second-degree murder in a plea deal with prosecutors.

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/news...d-to-55-years-for-killing-girlfriend-two-kids

Back