• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...2dac18-78ff-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html
While a parent sat upstairs, a group of teenagers partying in the basement of a Fairfax County home in February crowded into a bathroom to crush and snort prescription drugs, a prosecutor said Monday.

David Evers, an 18-year-old senior at Centreville High School who was headed to college, traded a morphine pill to his classmate Alexia Springer, 17, a homecoming princess and varsity runner, for an oxycodone, the prosecutor said.

The drugs were two of a handful Springer ingested that night that would ultimately lead to her death.

Evers pleaded guilty in Fairfax County court Monday to supplying the morphine to Springer, a case that cost one student her life and another his future and highlighted the dangers of teenagers abusing prescription medication.

Virginia Assistant Attorney General Marc J. Birnbaum said in court that Evers had become known as the “Boof man” at Centreville High School because he had begun distributing prescription drugs to fellow students on a handful of occasions — even apparently as he was accepted to more than one college.

“This is not an isolated incident,” Birnbaum said of the events that led to Springer’s death. “This is not something that just happened on this one day. This is something that happened throughout the school year.”

Birnbaum said Springer, a junior, probably had taken a Xanax before the party on Feb. 29. Prosecutors said about 20 to 30 students from Centreville and other schools attended the party at a Clifton home that was not identified.

Birnbaum said Evers and Springer, along with five or so other partygoers, slipped into the basement bathroom for 20 to 30 minutes to trade the pills and snort the drugs. In court, Birnbaum declined to disclose Evers’s morphine supplier.

Rona Powell, Springer’s mother, said in a May interview that her daughter also drank at the party. Powell said her daughter went home after the party. She texted and went online, but never woke up after going to sleep that night.

One of Springer’s friends, who had spent the night, found her unresponsive the next morning and alerted authorities.

The medical examiner ruled that Springer’s death was accidental and the result of a combination of alcohol, morphine, Xanax and oxycodone. Springer’s family declined to comment after Monday’s hearing.
[....]
During the hearing, Evers spoke only to answer questions from Circuit Judge Randy I. Bellows.

Leary argued that Evers should remain out on bond before his Dec. 2 sentencing, but Bellows disagreed, saying the defendant’s misdeeds “were catastrophic.”

“A child died,” Bellows said before Evers was handcuffed and led to jail.
Evers__7971464124210_zpszxaukzly.jpg

I hope he gets a light sentence...this girls also had a responsibility to not do drugs,

from here it looks like her own actions contributed to her death.

What about her parents...Obviously they failed too. Had a daughter that thought it was a good

idea to drink and do drugs in the bathroom and otherwise wreck herself.

What about all of the other kids at the party that never went into that bathroom at all.

I would prosecute an actual War on Drugs. All drug dealers would be publicly hanged and left to rot. This would, I think, generally speaking, of course...solve much of the problem.

I would prosecute an actual War on Drugs. All drug dealers would be publicly hanged and left to rot. This would, I think, generally speaking, of course...solve much of the problem.

Then you'd invest in the prohibited substances. :woot: Prohibition is the path to wealth, ask organized crime of any flavor.

The medical examiner ruled that Springer’s death was accidental and the result of a combination of alcohol, morphine, Xanax and oxycodone.
Personally I don't think he should have been dealing, but her death is on herself. He only supplied 1 of the 4 contributing factors to her death and he didn't make her ingest any of it. Heck she even traded him oxy for the morphine. It's not like he gave her tainted drugs or that he meant to harm her.

I think they should start charging the adults who are prescribed the meds and who don't lock them away like they are supposed to.

I don't think most people bother to educate their kids about legal or illegal drugs, so they find out on their own and this is what happens.

I don't think most people bother to educate their kids about legal or illegal drugs, so they find out on their own and this is what happens.

See, this I agree with, 100%.

Looks like the "uncomfortable substance abuse talk" is today's "uncomfortable sex talk".

Maybe if someone, even a peer, had talked to them about the dangers of mixing alcohol and painkillers such as oxycodone, this girl wouldn't be dead.

Mmmmmaybe if that adult who was home had bothered to check in on the kids a couple of times, there wouldn't have been alcohol and prescription medication abuse that resulted in the death of a minor. WHAT AN EXTREME THOUGHT

I mean, what was this person doing? Sitting upstairs thinking "gosh I can't go down and embarrass my kids in front of their cool friends, hope they're not having premarital sex or summoning demons or anything"

"Boof Man", huh? That's funny, I'm literally loling because "boof" means to conceal contraband in your ass in jail or prison! He looks like he will definitely be a "Boof Man" in lock up!!:facepalm:

Big fucking deal. Teenagers do drugs, it's what the little shitheads do. I don't see why they should be persecuting this doucher, let him be.

Why are they prosecuting this kid? Cut him a deal. Probation, drug treatment. I mean they do have him on posession.

She took drugs, she drank, she brought drugs with her and made the trade. Will ruining another kids life bring her back.
It's been longer than I'll admit since I was a teenager but I did alot of things I'm not proud of, all of it stupid as hell, none of it forced. I did it all on my own. Just like this girl.

I'm willing to bet her death is a wake up call for this young man. He did not want anyone to die, they just wanted to party hard. They most likely never even considered that this was a possible result. He'll they had probably done it all before!

I'm sorry that this girl passed and equally sorry for her family, but she was no angel in this and pacing blame for her actions on somebody else won't solve a thing.

Back