• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
bfnyj9.jpg
Oral (Nick) Hillary was charged with second-degree murder for the killing of 12-year-old Garrett Phillips.
A college soccer coach was arrested for strangling a 12-year-old boy in upstate New York almost three years ago,
[....]
Oral (Nick) Hillary, 39 — the men’s soccer coach at Clarkson University — was collared Thursday at his home in the village of Potsdam, located just about 15 miles south of the Canada border
[...]
He was charged with second-degree murder for the killing of Garrett Phillips, who died in a hospital after he was found unconscious in his home on Oct. 24, 2011.

Investigators said the child — who was strangled and suffocated with a pillow — was found after neighbors heard his screams and cries for help.

Hillary — who, according to his profile on the university's website, is a Jamaica-native who graduated from Samuel J. Tilden High School in Brooklyn — pleaded not guilty after a sealed indictment was delivered
[....]
He was ordered held in the county jail without bail.
Hillary was questioned soon after Garrett died, but was never charged.

The soccer coach sued the village of Potsdam and its police department for defamation
[...]
The disposition of the lawsuit was not immediately clear.

Officials at Clarkson University, a Division III school, said the coach was on administrative leave.
15x7diw.jpg
Two and a half years after 12-year-old Garrett Phillips was found murdered in Potsdam, a suspect has been taken into custody. Potsdam police arrested Oral "Nick" Hillary, Clarkson University's soccer coach, Thursday afternoon. Hillary was charged with second degree murder after a sealed indictment was delivered to St. Lawrence County court.
[...]
The arrest comes after four days of closed-door testimony before a grand jury that began Monday. In a texted statement, Rain called it "an emotional week." She said Garrett Phillips' mother, Tandy Cyrus, and several family members, were present at the arraignment. Rain said the Potsdam police "did a great job in pressing the case forward."

Hillary was questioned in the initial investigation of the case, but never charged. He has sued the village of Potsdam and the police department for defamation, claiming leaks during the investigation negatively affected his reputation.
[..]
http://www.northcountrypublicradio....arrested-in-murder-of-12-year-old-potsdam-boy

I was hoping to see a skanky broad when I read "Oral Hillary." Anyway, RIP little fella, and lets fry this bastard.

A former college soccer coach who was facing second-degree murder charges in the death of his ex-girlfriend's son was found not guilty by a judge on Wednesday.

Oral 'Nick' Hillary broke down in tears and hugged his lawyer after Judge Felix Catena made his ruling in the case.

Hillary had been standing trial in the death of Garrett Phillips, a 12-year-old boy who passed away in 2011 after he was found strangled in a Postdam, New York apartment.

[...]

Much of the evidence in the case was circumstantial, but prosecutors had been hoping to convict Hillary with surveillance footage which they claim showed him stalking the young boy before he was found dead.

Hillary and Cyrus had been dating for roughly a year and the Clarkson University soccer coach and his young daughter were living with Cyrus and her sons before they broke up in the summer of 2011.

[...]

Prosecutors lacked DNA or fingerprint evidence in the case and therefore relied heavily on the surveillance footage they showed during the trial.

That footage showed Hillary in the parking lot of the high school just before the death of Garrett.

Hillary said he was watching a soccer game but from where he was standing would have also been able to view Garrett playing basketball.

He left the lot within minutes of Garrett getting on his skateboard to go home.

Shortly after, a neighbor Marissa Vogel heard noises coming from the apartment and discovered Garrett's body.

The boy was rushed to the hospital and died soon after.

[...]

Cyrus had stated that she and Hillary split because the boys had taken issue with her relationship with Hillary and she decided to put their needs first.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eillance-footage-stalking-boy-just-death.html

Just watched an HBO documentary on this case - it was really good.

He requested a trial by judge (VERY rare for a defendant to request this because judges aren't influenced by bs like jurors are; see OJ) which was smart because a local jury would have convicted him for sure.

Anyway if you have HBO give it a look (it just came out). I didn't know the outcome before I watched and it had me holding my breath...all sorts of fucked up.

It's called 'Who Killed Garrett Phillips?'

The sadness of this case is the fact that there will never be justice for Garrett Philips death, and we also have a killer walking among us.
This case hit home to me, because it happened in a town, I am familiar with. I only lived 30 minutes away from where this happened. I even remember where I was when I heard the news about a 12-year-old who was found dead in his apt. in Potsdam.
I later learned that this was not true.
That's how rumors start in a small town.
I followed this story from the beginning and all the way to the end and there still is no justice for Garrett.

If you were to drive up in the north country of upstate NY, you would see Justice For Garrett signs all over the place, because people wanted answers about who killed this little boy.
I watched this case unfold and when the verdict came in about Oral Nick Hillary being found not guilty, it was devastating to the people of the surrounding community. I was at my sister's when we watched the verdict come in as it happened through our local news channel.
This case was botched from the beginning.

The sadness of this case is the fact that there will never be justice for Garrett Philips death, and we also have a killer walking among us.
This case hit home to me, because it happened in a town, I am familiar with. I only lived 30 minutes away from where this happened. I even remember where I was when I heard the news about a 12-year-old who was found dead in his apt. in Potsdam.
I later learned that this was not true.
That's how rumors start in a small town.
I followed this story from the beginning and all the way to the end and there still is no justice for Garrett.

If you were to drive up in the north country of upstate NY, you would see Justice For Garrett signs all over the place, because people wanted answers about who killed this little boy.
I watched this case unfold and when the verdict came in about Oral Nick Hillary being found not guilty, it was devastating to the people of the surrounding community. I was at my sister's when we watched the verdict come in as it happened through our local news channel.
This case was botched from the beginning.
Do you know if Oral Hillary is still living in the community and if he’s still a soccer coach? I need to do more reading on this case.

Do you know if Oral Hillary is still living in the community and if he’s still a soccer coach? I need to do more reading on this case.
Hello there Crazy Cat Lady, to answer your question, I can tell you that as far as I know he is still in the area. I only know not by personal knowledge but by public record from local news sources because he had filed a lawsuit against the Potsdam Police Department and I believe to the state of NY for wrongful discrimination or something to that effect which was denied. He won no appeals against the court for his "wrongful accusations" that he filed with the Supreme Court against the Potsdam PD and NY State. I can send you the links if you would like.
Post automatically merged:

Hello there Crazy Cat Lady, to answer your question, I can tell you that as far as I know he is still in the area. I only know not by personal knowledge but by public record from local news sources because he had filed a lawsuit against the Potsdam Police Department and I believe to the state of NY for wrongful discrimination or something to that effect which was denied. He won no appeals against the court for his "wrongful accusations" that he filed with the Supreme Court against the Potsdam PD and NY State. I can send you the links if you would like.
I may be wrong if I say this not by quote, but he was also an outsider and yes as he has been known to be quoted as a black man in white predominant communtiy in a white college town. Yet we are all communities of all small towns and people know people. Rumors are started. Yet rumors are not factual, they are just hearsay. We also had a lousy district attorney in this case, who botched it from the beginning and her name is Mary Rain. She was the acting district attorney at the time of the case and she really botched it from the start. Most people of the north country will agree!

Last edited:
For Crazy Cat Lady...
https://www.northcountrynow.com/hometown-photos/potsdam/da-says-investigation-over-potsdam-murder. If you would like to know more about this story you can find it all on Northcountrynow and our local news covered the full story from wwny7news and NPR (NorthcountryPublicRadio.)
This story and rumors are everwhere in our small towns that surround our little community here.
Either way you look at it whether he is guilty or not, we still have NO JUSTICE, while a killer walks among us. Nobody else has been charged or tried for the killing of Garrett Phillips.

For Crazy Cat Lady...
https://www.northcountrynow.com/hometown-photos/potsdam/da-says-investigation-over-potsdam-murder. If you would like to know more about this story you can find it all on Northcountrynow and our local news covered the full story from wwny7news and NPR (NorthcountryPublicRadio.)
This story and rumors are everwhere in our small towns that surround our little community here.
Either way you look at it whether he is guilty or not, we still have NO JUSTICE, while a killer walks among us. Nobody else has been charged or tried for the killing of Garrett Phillips.
Thank you for the link @MamaButterfly. I’m still kind of side-eyeing the sheriff. It sounds like he had a motive.

Is there a Facebook page for Garrett

It’s very sad that there won’t be any justice for this little guy. And I’m wondering if there was any DNA evidence.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting article about the prosecutor:

Last edited:
Back