• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Drives-wrong-way-through--holland--tunnel394008941.html
A Tennessee woman injured a Port Authority police officer when she drove into oncoming traffic to avoid going through the Lincoln Tunnel into New Jersey Sunday night, police said.

Amber Johnson, 30, of Clarksville, was driving in Manhattan traffic toward the Lincoln Tunnel when she apparently told Port Authority police officers she did not want to continue westbound to New Jersey.

Police told Johnson to continue through the tunnel, but she ignored them and reportedly turned into oncoming traffic.

She hit one Port Authority police officer as she drove against traffic. The officer was treated for a wrist injury at a hospital, Port Authority police said.
[....]
ran a red light before being stopped near Times Square, police said.

Johnson was arrested and charged with assault, unlawfaul fleeing and other traffic violations.
53181293-lincoln-tunnel-wrong-way-driver.jpg

i got my license in tennessee. im here to tell you, you can pretty much fart and they give you a license. looks like they did the same with her! lol

Probably had a hand gun in the car and remember the story from a couple years where the out of state resident accently went into New Jersey and was stopped. When questioned, the lady admitted to having a gun in the car and produced her state's CWP, whereupon she was promptly arrested and charged with a felony. I have no desire to go to NJ.

1. Why drive in Manhattan? Seriously, those of us in Jersey (o_O) know enough to take a bus or train into the the main part of the city, 'cause it costs at least 40 bucks to park for an hour. Parking at a bus/train station in Jersey is much cheaper and you don't have to drive around and around and around looking for parking.

2. That being said, I do have a wee bit of sympathy for her, as the signage isn't that great and it is easy driving downtown to end up in those lanes leaving the city when you wanted to be driving somewhere else. But it would have only taken her 15-30 minutes and out of her way at $10 bucks to go through the tunnel and negotiate her way back...

3. I love my Garden State and I say that as a Pennsylvania transplant. Whether I'm walking/camping in the pines, kayaking in the marshes or boogie boarding at the beach, I find it beautiful.

4. Maybe you didn't notice, as he is in disguise, but my avatar is a Jersey devil: http://weirdnj.com/stories/jersey-devil/

Last edited:
Back