• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
God damnit!!!!!!!! Why did she have to do this to him!????? Hes only up and out of bed due to a wheelchair! Hes eating through a fucking tube for fucks sake! His little eyes are barely opening.. HUNG JURY!!!!! Please shoot every single one of the bastards who couldnt say shes fucking guilty. Her fate was in their hands and they blew it! The evidence was there... Why couldnt they find her guilty. I bet she has one of those lawyers that gets anyone off no matter what

She needs to die
I want to go love on the baby and take care of nico. He would be safe forever

My heart is broken

It seems to me the jury is saying the father could have been the one that injured Nico in the few moments he was alone with him when he came home and found him critically injured in his crib. I was really ticked off when I read about the hung jury. I'm sure the father is blaming himself enough as it is for having gotten into that relationship and leaving Nico alone with her. It amazes me how fake people can be towards their partners children in front of the parent and others...but behind closed doors become monsters to these children. Nico was obviously well taken care of by his father. I have no doubt he is NOT the one who injured Nico...blinded him...destroyed his ability to breathe on his own and eat on his own. This father treasured his wife and his son.

As someone friends with this family. I am happy to update that this batch was found guilty today.

As for mom and Kevin... they weren't married. They were boyfriend and girlfriend. There is more to the relationship ties but I don't recall all the details.
[doublepost=1475223887,1475082304][/doublepost]As for relationship ties. Dad knew the woman for years, went to school with her, so it wasn't some random girl he hooked up with.

Guilty. Free on bond til sentencing Nov 1.

A 38-year-old Clinton Township woman was found guilty of first-degree child abuse Wednesday for severely injuring the toddler son of her boyfriend.

A 10-woman, two-man Macomb County jury deliberated only about 35 minutes before convicting Hilary Ulp of the charge for the May 2015 injuries suffered by 14-month-old Nicholas “Nico” Kuras, in his Eastpointe home.

Because of the head injuries suffered while under Ulp’s care, Nico requires around the clock care -- he cannot walk, talk or feed himself. Nico also suffered six broken ribs, and a broken pelvis and collarbone.

The conviction following a week-long trial in front of Judge Richard Caretti of Macomb County Circuit Court.

Ulp faces a term of up to life in prison Nov. 1 when she is sentenced by Caretti.

Caretti denied the prosecution’s request to immediately revoke her $100,000 bond while awaiting sentencing, meaning she will be free until then.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...nship-woman-guilty-of-severely-injuring-child

@mybum62 @Forensicwx

11/02/2016

A 38-year-old Clinton Township woman was ordered to serve 11 to 30 years in prison for inflicting serious injuries upon her boyfriend’s 14-month-old son.

Hilary Ulp received the sentence Tuesday from Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Richard Caretti for the May 2015 beating of Nicholas “Nico” Kuras.

She was convicted in September following a second trial in the case. Her first trial last May ended with a hung jury.

In the latter trial, the jury deliberated only 35 minutes before delivering a verdict.

During the trial, Assistant Macomb Prosecutor Sian Hengeveld said Ulp harmed Nico, while baby-sitting him for Nico’s father, Kevin, who was playing euchre in St. Clair Shores.

Ulp tried to place the blame on Kevin Kuras.

Nico suffered severe head injuries for which he requires constant care. Nico cannot walk, talk or feed himself. He also suffered broken ribs, pelvis and collarbone.
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20161102/NEWS/161109925

It's... Not enough.

I'm glad for the guilty conviction, but is it justice? 11 to 30 years. She sentenced Nico to a lifetime of struggles, and a lifetime of limitations. He spent his 4th birthday a couple of days ago back in the hospital. :( It shouldn't have been this way.

His poor Dad, the guy is clearly a trooper and is still fighting to make the best life possible for his son, but he's got a lifetime of struggles too.

I think we all know which end of the 11 to 30 year sentence she's going to end up serving, although I really hope I'm wrong.

A convicted child abuser from Macomb County already serving up to 30 years in prison faces even more time behind bars now that the child has died.

But Hilary Ulp of Clinton Township blames the toddler's father for the injuries that left the six-year-old child unable to care for himself for the past four years and resulted in the boy's death, which is being investigated by police from Eastpointe -- where the initial abuse took place -- and Center Line, where 6-year-old Nicholas 'Nico' Kuras died a couple of weeks ago.

"We are awaiting the autopsy report from the medical examiner, bloodwork and other medical records," said Eastpointe Public Safety Director George Rouhib. "Once we receive all of that information, we'll determine whether to ask the prosecutor to charge Miss Ulp with homicide."

Center Line investigators say the medical examiner will determine how the child died.

"They will decide how the case will go," Public Safety Director Paul Myszenski said.

Investigators hope the medical examiner will be able to determine if the injuries suffered at the hands of Ulp five years played a role in Nico's death. Conversely, if the reports show something new caused his death, it could lead to charges against Kuras.

The medical examiner's report should be ready in two to four weeks, police said.

A jury deliberated only 35 minutes before finding Ulp, 40, guilty of first-degree child abuse in 2016. It was Ulp's second trial on the charge. A jury could not reach a verdict and a mistrial was declared following the first trial.

Because of the head injuries suffered while under Ulp's care, Nico required around the clock care -- he could not walk, talk or feed himself. The toddler also suffered six broken ribs, and a broken pelvis and collarbone.

Kevin Kuras, the boy's father, now resides in Center Line with his parents. At his mother's urging, he would not comment on the case to a reporter last week.

But he did say that his son "smiles all the time" before leaving the room.

The family did not place an obituary for Nico.

I am Cathi Ayres, The Aunt of Nico, The sister of Chrissy. She is not here to speak so I am her voice. My sister battled with asthma all her life and when Nico was only 5 months old, she lost the war. Everyone that actually knew her would tell you she was an amazing mother and friend. However, that's not what is up for debate here. After her passing, kevin took custody of Nico, 8 months later he has proven himself to fail to protect Nico. He pretends that he had a "perfect" family with my sister but this is a lie. She was terrified of him and scared he was going to kill her. Chrissy will not rest in peace until there is justice and truth.

Back