• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Isn't putting him in girl's clothes to "humiliate" him just reinforcing his homophobic beliefs?

Trying to get him to stop being homophobic by getting other kids to make fun of him for dressing "gay" doesn't seem like a very effective way of stopping his behaviour.
Umm... how did this response get into this thread. I SWEAR I put it in the right thread.

So 8 or both 11? I feel mass killing in video games has torched the minds of young kids
Seeing it in a movie and actually doing it all day long in video games is very different
Incorrect. Videogames are an outlet; take that outlet away and more rage is injected into reality. But I do agree with one thing. ESRB ratings exist for a reason.
Exactly.

Too many parents are relying on video games and other electronics to parent for them. Their children are lacking from actual parental guidance. And too many parents have birthed precious snowflakes that they refuse to discipline and won't allow anyone else to either.

Nothing wrong with respecting your parents, everything wrong with NOT respecting your parents.
I agree. Videogames aren't the problem, the parents are to blame, and so are the peers around the children.
OK - she went too far with writing on the kid, but if he was being a homophobic dickhead, I don't have a problem with the tutu, but I think I would have made him wear some Spiderman Underoos under it. Women's panties went too far too. But maybe, if he got a taste of what he was dishing out, he'd be a more compassionate kid? Just an idea... :shrug:
Uhh... wrong thread...?
Isn't putting him in girl's clothes to "humiliate" him just reinforcing his homophobic beliefs?

Trying to get him to stop being homophobic by getting other kids to make fun of him for dressing "gay" doesn't seem like a very effective way of stopping his behaviour.
Wrong thread....?
The force is strong with the video game lobbyist, pay to fund surveys and get the results you want
You get what you pay for

ESRB exists for a reason. You're retarded. But I do agree with you that young children need to not get their hands on violent videogames unless the parents raise them right and know the kid won't copy it. I had violent games as a child, but I was raised on rpgs. I always wanted to be the hero who saved the princess. I loved fighting the bad monsters who hurt the villages, I loved rescuing the princess because it made me feel like I accomplished something other than dumbass homework. I agree. Keep kids under 10 away from call of duty and other shooty-man the game- games. It's retarded. Unless you know your child is responsible and mature enough not to do that shit, don't fucking get it for them to copy. My parents got me a freakin war sword when I was 14 to go and fuck some shrubs up in the woods. Best day of my life. That sword is in pieces. I broke it. I'm proud. But did I ever take violent actions against someone who wasn't bullying me or did not hit me first? No. Most I ever did was kick a kid in the shin for being a dick and stealing my pokemon emerald game. You don't steal a mans emerald. You just fuckin don't man.

I'm thinking something got fucked up if I'm not the only one with a comment meant for another thread. Especially when the other comment was meant for the same thread as mine.

ETA: Especially since today is the first day I've even opened this thread.

Incorrect. Videogames are an outlet; take that outlet away and more rage is injected into reality. But I do agree with one thing. ESRB ratings exist for a reason.

I agree. Videogames aren't the problem, the parents are to blame, and so are the peers around the children.

Uhh... wrong thread...?

Wrong thread....?

ESRB exists for a reason. You're retarded. But I do agree with you that young children need to not get their hands on violent videogames unless the parents raise them right and know the kid won't copy it. I had violent games as a child, but I was raised on rpgs. I always wanted to be the hero who saved the princess. I loved fighting the bad monsters who hurt the villages, I loved rescuing the princess because it made me feel like I accomplished something other than dumbass homework. I agree. Keep kids under 10 away from call of duty and other shooty-man the game- games. It's retarded. Unless you know your child is responsible and mature enough not to do that shit, don't fucking get it for them to copy. My parents got me a freakin war sword when I was 14 to go and fuck some shrubs up in the woods. Best day of my life. That sword is in pieces. I broke it. I'm proud. But did I ever take violent actions against someone who wasn't bullying me or did not hit me first? No. Most I ever did was kick a kid in the shin for being a dick and stealing my pokemon emerald game. You don't steal a mans emerald. You just fuckin don't man.
You're retarded?? kicking shins?? Rescuing the princes? sword-Best day of my life? your whole post seems somewhat immature

Didn't you do the same thing to @biteme? You called them retarded. Was that your ad hominem showing? :banghead:
I was quoting his post, I didn't call him retarded, guess I could've done a better job of it
just trying to point out what I found immature

You're retarded?? kicking shins?? Rescuing the princes? sword-Best day of my life?

Last edited:
My d-i-l's friend has a son who is around 8 or 9. He plays GTA at his dad's and is completely unsupervised while he's doing it. He mentioned something about that game at school, was overheard, and the next thing you know his mother gets a call from the school resource officer about it. She told him that he plays it at his dad's but nothing ever came of it. He's still playing it, I'm sure. However, he's the sweetest little boy ever and very careful around our littles. He started with Minecraft and guess what Ella (will be 4 next week) has just picked up? Why, Mindcraft, of course! And, GTA boy's mom just gave her a shooting game based on TWD. I'm not worried about it at all, because we're right there watching her.

Last edited:
You cant take a normal non murderous kid and stick them in from of grand theft auto and create a crazy murdering asshole...However a kid who is gonna do something really messed up either way may play video games. Crazy people find their "inspiration" somewhere somehow no matter what. I played grand theft auto with my kid..so far so good.:woot:

I also don't think that saving the princess would help with much of anything either...Its fun but shouldn't really be the best part of the week...unless you are a little off or something.

Last edited:
Here, then. From the US Department of Justice.

qa05200.png

http://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05200

Not that it matters. You have a retarded opinion and no doubt you will be sticking to it.

name calling, shows how mature you game players are
seems violent crime is down in general but juvenile crime has remained high
by the way is "retard" a favorite insult of game players:shrug:

You see the above graph, right? Complied by the department of justice? Do you see where it says "juveniles ages 10-17"? You notice how it peeks between 1995 and 1998 then drops off significantly?

Data, motherfucker, do you lime it?

You see the above graph, right? Complied by the department of justice? Do you see where it says "juveniles ages 10-17"? You notice how it peeks between 1995 and 1998 then drops off significantly?

Data, motherfucker, do you lime it?
I lime my Corona and tequila, how do you lime data?

The little bastard has been hunting 8 times according too the moron father , he knew exactly what that 12 gauge would do . This is not some kid who has never seen a gun in use , fuck the blame on video games .

The little bastard has been hunting 8 times according too the moron father , he knew exactly what that 12 gauge would do . This is not some kid who has never seen a gun in use , fuck the blame on video games .
Yes he knew exactly what a shotgun could do, but the video games increase aggressive behavior
A gamer plays Grand Theft Auto IV shortly after its release in 2008 Cate Gillon/Getty Images

Psychologists have confirmed that playing violent video games is linked to aggressive and callous behaviour.

A review of almost a decade of studies found that exposure to violent video games was a "risk factor" for increased aggression.

But the same team of experts said there was insufficient evidence to conclude that the influence of games such as Call Of Duty and Grand Theft Auto led to criminal acts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-linked-to-aggressive-behaviour-10458614.html

Effects of Violent Video Games on Aggressive Behavior, Aggressive Cognition, Aggressive Affect, Physiological Arousal, and Prosocial Behavior: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Scientific Literature
studies with males and females in laboratory and field settings support this conclusion. Analyses also reveal that exposure to violent video games increases physiological arousal and aggression-related thoughts and feelings. Playing violent video games also decreases prosocial behavior.http://pss.sagepub.com/content/12/5/353.abstract

Yes he knew exactly what a shotgun could do, but the video games increase aggressive behavior

You've cherry picked from those studies. They're talking about the 'Bobo doll effect'

http://www.simplypsychology.org/bobo-doll.html

• Many psychologists are very critical of laboratory studies of imitation - in particular because they tend to have low ecological validity. The situation involves the child and an adult model, which is a very limited social situation and there is no interaction between the child and the model at any point; certainly the child has no chance to influence the model in any way. Also the model and the child are strangers. This, of course, is quite unlike 'normal' modeling, which often takes place within the family.

• Cumberbatch (1990) found that children who had not played with a Bobo Doll before were five times as likely to imitate the aggressive behaviour than those who were familiar with it; he claims that the novelty value of the doll makes it more likely that children will imitate the behaviour.

• A further criticism of the study is that the demonstrations are measured almost immediately. With such snap shot studies, we cannot discover if such a single exposure can have long-term effects.

• It is possible to argue that the experiment was unethical. For example, there is the problem of whether or not the children suffered any long-term consequences as a result of the study. Although it is unlikely, we can never be certain.

The increased physiological arousal and decrease in pro-social behaviour occurs immediately after playing something violent. Just experiments involving showing people sad video clips, or happy images, has immediate effects on physiology and mood. It's not a long lasting effect.

In terms of modelling abusive or destructive behaviour, or, indded, pro-social behaviour and coping skills, the effect of the living people around the subject is far more powerful.

You've cherry picked from those studies. They're talking about the 'Bobo doll effect'

http://www.simplypsychology.org/bobo-doll.html

The increased physiological arousal and decrease in pro-social behaviour occurs immediately after playing something violent. Just experiments involving showing people sad video clips, or happy images, has immediate effects on physiology and mood. It's not a long lasting effect.

In terms of modelling abusive or destructive behaviour, or, indded, pro-social behaviour and coping skills, the effect of the living people around the subject is far more powerful.
You used a different study from the two I used to say I cherry picked the study, are you for real??? Just how bad of a need to be right do you have?

You used a different study from the two I used to say I cherry picked the study, are you for real??? Just how bad of a need to be right do you have?

The study you linked only has an abstract, I can't read the conclusion without paying for the full study. Since it's a meta study, I'm not reading every one that they reviewed. I linked the bobo doll experiment because I don't expect everyone who reads the thread to be familiar with it, and it's the base line study for whether children will mimic violence that they see. It's not all about you, or about being right.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/25/us/tennessee-girl-killed-over-puppy/index.html

The great grandparents are saying that their great grandson didn't fire the shot that killed Makayla, that he went and got the shotgun (he says he was unaware that it was loaded) and then passed it out the window to a friend, who subsequently shot Makayla. They don't understand why the friend won't come forward and admit what he did.

They are confident that when the autopsy is made public it will show that Makayla was shot from the ground and not from above thru the window.

I feel sorry for these grandparents, but I also feel they are in deep denial and that's not going to help this child understand what HE did wrong that day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/11-year-old-boy-convicted-of-killing-8-year-old-girl/

WHITE PINE, Tenn. -- An 11-year-old boy in Tennessee has been found guilty of murdering an eight-year-old girl after she and her sister refused to let him see their puppies, a judge said.

Benny Tiller's grandmother told CBS affiliate WVLT he was found guilty of first degree murder in the October 4, 2015 death of his neighbor, McKayla Dyer.

Jefferson County Juvenile Court judge Dennis "Will" Roach II sentenced the boy to state custody until he turns 19.

In his order, Roach said the state should use all reasonable resources to determine why Benny shot the girl, and he should be treated and rehabilitated so this never happens again.

"A child who commits first-degree murder cannot be willy-nilly turned loose into society," Roach wrote.

The boy is currently in detention and being evaluated as to where he should be placed, said Rob Johnson, a spokesman for the Department of Children's Services.

"Like any other child who comes into custody, he would need a thorough assessment and evaluation to determine the best placement," Johnson said. "At this time, it would likely be at an intensive treatment program at one of our private providers."

(...)

The judge said McKayla, her 11-year-old sister and another girl, also 11, were playing outside and talking to the boy while he was sitting at his bedroom window. He asked the sisters to go get their puppies, the judge's order said, and when they refused he went and got a 12-gauge shotgun and a BB gun and told the girls he had guns.

According to the judge's description of the events, McKayla laughed at him and responded that the guns weren't real.

The boy "then made certain the gun was loaded, cocked the hammer on the gun and shot the victim just above the heart at a downward trajectory," the judge wrote.

The girl fell backward, "quickly lost consciousness, and was later confirmed dead," the judge wrote, adding that three witnesses saw McKayla within one minute after she was shot.

"The mother of the child knelt on the ground and picked her up, placing her child in her arms as she passed away."

Benny had been trained in firearm safety and had hunted with his father and grandfather, the judge noted.​

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/27/parents-sued-after-boy-killed-8-year-old-in-puppy-dispute.html

The parents of an 11-year-old boy who fatally shot an 8-year-old girl after she refused to show him her puppies are being sued for $10 million.

The wrongful death lawsuit filed Monday in Jefferson County, Tennessee, on behalf of the girl's mother, Latasha Dyer, argues that Jason and Mary Ann Tiller had a duty to keep their son from harming others with a firearm.

Makayla Dyer was playing outside her home in White Pine, about 40 miles east of Knoxville, in October when the boy asked her to get the puppies, and shot her after she refused.

The boy was found guilty of first-degree murder in February and sentenced to remain in state custody until he turns 19.

The lawsuit was filed in Jefferson County Circuit Court.

And what's this going to solve, cause nobody's got that kind of money, do they want to just bankrupt the boy's family?

it wont solve a damn thing. they wont get their kid back, probably wont ever see the money if they win, and that little boy will learn to become an even worse criminal. nobody wins.

This.

Seriously, I also grew up around guns, loaded, all the time. I knew how to shoot at a young age and in order to be able to do that I got to learn how powerful a gun could be. My Dad let me plunk at a full milk jug with my BB gun (I was 4), then he took out his 44 and shot it, blew the back off the Goddamn thing, colored water everywhere.

It was an effective visual. I always knew the power behind a bullet.

Today many kids are around guns without realizing the power they have. Many think that what happens in their video games or in movies and on TV.
I grew up around guns as well. My Mom carried a .38 revolver in her purse all the time, and it never crossed my mind to shoot anyone or anything. I understand the issue here: unless you are shown in real life what a gun can actually do - smell the powder, hear that explosion and see the destruction, you just don't get it.

How is it that this kid manage to lay his hands on a LOADED SHOTGUN? Where were the parents to see this 11 year old kid pick up a loaded gun??

Charge this kid, yes; but charge the parents too.

Back