• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
24gofo8.jpg

This is such a mess, I don't know where to start. I vaguely remember when this happened, but it's been all quiet until the last few days.

*sigh* I think bullet points .....

• October 30, 2015: Tiahleigh Palmer, 12 is reported missing by her foster parents after being dropped off at school and never being seen again.

• Some confusion about publicly naming foster children causes a 6 day delay in police making a public statement. Tiahleigh's body is found, decomposing on a river bank, that same day.

• At her funeral a few days later, her foster father, Richard Thorburn is among the pall bearers.

• February, 2016 $250K reward offered for information leading to a conviction.

• September 20, 2016 Foster father, Richard Thorburn, arrested and charged with Tiahleigh's murder.

• Foster brother, Trent Thorburn, 19 arrested and charged with incest, perjury, and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

• Foster mother, Julene Thorburn, 54 and son Josh, 20 arrested and also charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice and perjury. Released on bail.

• September, 20 2016 Richard Thornton collapses at Beenleigh police station. Taken to hospital and placed in an induced coma where he remains. Reports of self harm.

• September 21, 2016 Police allege before magistrate that Trent Thornton Facebook messaged a friend, days before Tiahleigh dissapeared, that he'd had sex with her and was afraid she was pregnant.

• Today Reports that Trent has been bashed in jail twice in the week he's been there.
Links.
A story from a few weeks after body is found.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-...ent-review-foster-children-palaszczuk/6926882
Reward offered
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...d-offered-in-suspected-murder-of-12yo/7168652
Court appearance
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...-he-had-got-tiahleigh-palmer-pregnant/7864834
Overview
http://www.smh.com.au/national/carr...tiahleigh-palmers-murder-20160921-grkx3f.html
Jail bashings
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n/news-story/0128de73ad87cd4b7af8ce9555f47693

2s6xcg1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why not rape?

Incest? Really?

Possibly because they can't prove it? I'm not sure. I'm also surprised to see incest as the charge in a foster situation. Unless she is a blood relative? Idk how those laws work.

One of the articles mentions a statement from Trent's lawyer about the low sentencing his charges would attract, in applying for his bail.

I saw the Police/Education minister are feeling some heat for good reason, clearly the police suspected their involvement for sometime.

Tiahleigh Palmer's foster parents continued to operate family day care
The foster parents of slain Logan schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer were allowed to operate a family day care business until April, it has been revealed.

Child Safety Minister Shannon Fentiman said police in April notified her department and the Education and Training Department of "alleged criminal activity"

"This was the first time that concerns had been raised about the Thorburns," she said.

"Their family day care approval was immediately revoked by the Department of Education and Training and their foster care approval was immediately suspended."

Ms Fentiman said Rick and Julene Thorburn were approved as foster carers in August 2014.
Ms Fentiman on Wednesday announced a review of assessment and approval processes for foster carers and a review of blue cards.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tiahleigh-palmers-foster-parents-continued-to-operate-family-day-care

This was not incest. This was rape of a child. He was not her brother. Or step brother. It was an adult who lived in the family home of carers who took Tiahleigh in to provide her with a healthy, safe and loving environment. Despite the girl telling her foster mother...the rapes continued. So sick and twisted that the entire fucked up family was involved with protecting their own rapist son and killer father...than this poor 12 year old girl who only wanted to belong to a family. I hope the whole family goes to prison forever. I doubt the punishment will fit the crime as the UK is notoriously soft on killers. Even child killers. I have to wonder how many other foster children this pretty boy raped. He deserves every beat down he gets in prison.

Or childcare children? How many of them did he get his grubby hands on?

This family is the perfect example of people who foster because the money is good.
I hope they all go to prison.

Last edited:
Tiahleigh Palmer's grandmother has claimed the schoolgirl had the opportunity to leave an alleged incestuous 'relationship' with her foster brother, but chose to stay because she had a 'crush' on him.

Sue Palmer, 65, who cared for Tiahleigh until she was 10, said the 12-year-old was invited to return to her mother's home in the months before her death but she refused.

On Wednesday, the court heard her foster brother Trent Thorburn, 19, allegedly admitted to a cousin via Facebook he had incestuous sex with Tiahleigh and feared he impregnated her two days before she vanished from Marsden State School on October 28.

'She said she wanted to stay [at the farm] because of the boy and because she loved the horses on the property that they have there,' Ms Palmer told The Courier Mail.

Ms Palmer said the family were not aware of the alleged incest between the child and her foster brother, but knew she had a 'crush'.

[...]

The court heard Trent denied the allegations to his parents and on five other occasions to police, but eventually admitted he had lied about the sexual abuse.

Further details about the conversation Trent had with his cousin on Facebook messenger about his sexual activity with Tiahleigh were also revealed in court, the Australian reported.

'During that conversation he said he had sex with the victim on the prior Monday and he had only done so because she had threatened to kill his dog,' Ms French said.

'The defendant said he was concerned about being pregnant even though he had pulled out,' she said, adding that he claimed to have told his mother about it.

[...]

Police allege that after learning of his son's alleged actions and Tiahleigh's suspected pregnancy, he feared the bisexual dancer would become a target for violence offenders in prison had he been convicted.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...randma-claims-child-crush-Trent-Thorburn.html

Raped a 12 year old (who can't fucking consent! ) because she "treatened to kill your dog"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WOW WHAT A BIG MAN :facepalm:

I just can't with this. He raped a little girl and he should he charged as is. Isn't incest a bullshit charge anyway that amounts to nothing anyway???

And what is this, Australia? The land of protecting child rapists and murderers and not letting citizens know when a molestor is in their hood????!?!?!?!?

This site has given me a bias against Australian law and I ain't even been there.

Already shaking my head and it's not even 10 am here.

Their main point is she was asking for it and liked it when she got it, like a 12 year old really has a choice in anything.

Dad was trying to protect his bi-sexual dancer son by killing a 12 year old?

Both of them are such big men.o_O

...he feared the bisexual dancer would become a target for violence offenders
Oh lord, and that poor girl had a crush on it!?
I can see how she may have been an easy victim.
And Dad... if you hadn't killed her, none of you would be in jail, your treasure of a bisexual dancer son would be out on bail on sex assault charges.
What a weird series of horrible choices this sordid family made.

WTF?

Ms Palmer said the family were not aware of the alleged incest between the child and her foster brother, but knew she had a 'crush'.

This infuriates me to no end. A 12yr old girl should be allowed to have a crush without A. being raped by said crush and B. Being murdered because of it! "Don't worry son, I'll murder her and then we can just go on about life like nothing happened".... fuck.

Last edited:
Literally generations of filth.

Anyone with their DNA needs to be snuffed out.
Bad blood running through their veins..... Evil

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a 12 year-old can't consent to having sex with a 19 year-old so even if it can't be proved, it's rape, crush or no crush

And if you're upset enough to kill over it, maybe consider killing the rapist instead of the victim... asshole

I don't understand why not rape?

Incest? Really?
Possibly because they can't prove it? I'm not sure. I'm also surprised to see incest as the charge in a foster situation. Unless she is a blood relative? Idk how those laws work.

One of the articles mentions a statement from Trent's lawyer about the low sentencing his charges would attract, in applying for his bail.

In Jessiesgirl's link it said this:

A sexual relationship between siblings, including under foster, step or de facto circumstances, is considered incest under the Queensland Criminal Code and can attract a maximum life sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...child-crush-Trent-Thorburn.html#ixzz4LZfJXblu
I'm guessing the life penalty from incest is better than what a rape conviction would get

Daddy-O attempted suicide in custody when he was arrested, finally. Is awake again now.

The piece of shit twink, raping son has been beaten a few times in jail so far, apparently.

The Cops only moved on the arrests right now because the biological mother started making God damn Facebook posts blaming the foster family.

The biological mother incidentally, who didn't have custody and had her little girl bounce around from once foster family to the next - because she's a fucking jailbird and junkie. She's got a lot of personal accountability in this. Stupid Logan trash. (Not a good area, where they're all from)

Meanwhile, this little girl has had a shit childhood (thanks Mum) and was preyed on by a perverted rapist and murderered by her foster family to keep it quiet.

And no one confessed. It all came down to cold hard evidence.

Quite a lot of new information came out this week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-27/tiahleighs-foster-brother-jailed-over-death-cover-up/8749020
Tiahleigh Palmer's foster brother Joshua Thorburn jailed for lying to police
A foster brother of slain Queensland school girl Tiahleigh Palmer has been jailed for three months for lying to police and hiding information about her death.
The judge gave him some credit for finally "coming clean" and showing remorse.

Outside court, Tiahleigh's mother Cindy Palmer was not happy with the sentencing. The justice system has let us down horribly," she said.
On Thursday, prosecutor David Nardone told the Beenleigh District Court police bugged the family's house in Chambers Flat after the teenager disappeared.

He said the electronic recordings showed Julene [his mother] encouraging Joshua to lie.
He told the court Joshua Thorburn was summonsed to a secret family meeting the night Tiahleigh disappeared, where he was told his brother Trent was having sexual relations with the young girl.

"His father said that they all had to protect Trent and keep the story amongst themselves, that Tiahleigh was going to go missing from school," Mr Nardone said.

"He told police that his father then said 'Tia was no longer with us'.

"He admitted that he understood that to mean that his father had killed Tiahleigh."

It also heard he lied twice to police and to a Crime and Corruption Commission inquiry, only admitting the truth after being charged.

Defence barrister Jeff Hunter said the day Tiahleigh disappeared was a "perfectly normal day for my client" during which he taught a dance class.

"So one can only imagine what he thought when his father said to have a family meeting then told him what his father and brother had done," Mr Hunter said.
[doublepost=1505372258,1501165427][/doublepost]Foster brother jailed over incest, perjury
Trent Thorburn, 20, has been sentenced to four years in jail [for incest, perjury, attempting to pervert the course of justice] in the Beenleigh District Court, south of Brisbane.
Her foster father, Rick Thorburn, is awaiting his trial for the alleged murder of the 12-year-old.
Judge Craig Chowdhury said at today's sentencing hearing that Trent Thorburn took part in "a sustained, immoral and disgraceful plan" with other family members to cover up Tiahleigh's death.
"You needed to man up and be honest and be truthful and your failure to do so is a shocking reflection on you," Judge Chowdhury said.
Their mother, Julene Thorburn, has pleaded guilty [to perjury and perverting the course of justice] and will be sentenced in November.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...ster-brother-sentenced-incest-perjury/8944526

Crazy fucking family.

Poor girl. First she gets raped then instead of getting comfort and protection from the adults that were supposed to protect her, they kill her.

Sickest bloodline around.
That poor young girl,
she never had a chance thanks to her junkie scum birth mother.
This is all on her as well.
How dare she have righterous indignation.
Her garbage put that child into the care of sick, sick fucks.

7864184-3x2-940x627.jpg

Trent Thorburn-Child Rapist
[doublepost=1509716061,1505399099][/doublepost]
Tiahleigh Palmer's foster mother lied about the slain Queensland schoolgirl's disappearance because she wanted to protect her family and lifestyle, a court has heard.

Julene Thorburn faced Beenleigh District Court on Friday, where she pleaded guilty to one count each of perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The court heard she was also motivated because of the 'shame and embarrassment', as well as a desire to protect her son Trent who has since been convicted of incest.

As he heard submissions, Judge Craig Chowdhury said he could grasp why someone would want to protect their family.

However, he said one would think 'pangs of conscience' once the schoolgirl's body was discovered dumped on the banks of a Gold Coast river 'like the carcass of an animal'.

To this, Mr Nardone said Thorburn's own motives appeared to 'outweigh that sense of decency'.

Family patriarch Rick Thorburn has been committed to stand trial for the schoolgirl's murder.

The couple's son, Trent, was sentenced to four years' imprisonment in September after pleading guilty to four charges, including perjury and incest.

Their eldest son Joshua was jailed for three months in July after pleading guilty to the same charges as his mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5045665/Mother-dead-schoolgirl-lied-disappearance.html

45F7ACA700000578-5045665-image-a-11_1509690669791.jpg

... Joshua Thorburn was summonsed to a secret family meeting the night Tiahleigh disappeared, where he was told his brother Trent was having sexual relations with the young girl.
"His father said that they all had to protect Trent and keep the story amongst themselves, that Tiahleigh was going to go missing from school," ...
I'm not 100% sure about Australian law, but that's Conspiracy, with the compounding elements of assault, kidnapping and/or murder. What the fuck, Australia?

So, she was raped by the son, and the family decided they needed to protect HIM?!!! Why not fucking kill him and protect the girl who was the victim all along?!!! Totally f'd up thought process.

The rapist appealed his 4 yr sentence in November (and lost) but need not have bothered, he was released this morning what a utter joke.

The foster brother of slain schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer has been released on parole after spending 16 months in custody on incest and perjury charges.

Trent Thorburn was released from prison on Friday morning, having spent 12 months in custody before being sentenced to four years jail in September.
His father Rick Thorburn is awaiting trial for her murder.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/trent-thorburn-released-from-jail/ar-AAuS11h

So, she was raped by the son, and the family decided they needed to protect HIM?!!! Why not fucking kill him and protect the girl who was the victim all along?!!! Totally f'd up thought process.
She was a foster child. (Probably in it for the monthly check)
He was their natural child.

So the fucked up grandmother said the girl had the opportunity to leave the incestuous relationship... fuck you granny whore. The little girl was fucked every way possible.

Back