• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
egqs0i.jpg

This is believed to be the great white that attacked.

This is the fourth serious shark attack along the one-kilometre stretch of beach in less than two years.

Cooper was treated at the scene for his injuries before being taken to Lismore Base Hospital.

His father Ned Allen said he was unsure how long he would be there but he appeared to be "fine".

Surf Life Saving NSW lifeguards on jet skis chased the shark away from the shore after the attack.

"[The victim] received lacerations and bite marks to his upper-thigh area, he was assisted into the shore and off-duty nurses treated him," Inspector Bruce said.

"We've got the surfboard and the bite marks will be analysed by the DPI [the Department of Primary Industries].

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...age-surfer-bitten-at-lighthouse-beach/7876892

Is it okay that I think it's funny the victim said "the barriers were a waste of money" while being interviewed after his own friend died from a shark attack awhile back, on that exact same beach?

He was right. Surfers put their lives at risk.

I bet he's really happy that he didn't end up as shark shit like his bud Tadashi did.

17... untouchable and bulletproof. :rolleyes:

Glad he survived.

I posted this in between working this morning. I didn't read the article til now. It doesn't contain his "don't tell mum" quote.

I got that from the reporting on the radio. Here's an article with some more of the story. Ballsy kid. He already wants to get back out there.

He managed to get out of the water and was helped by a nurse and fellow surfers before being taken to Lismore Base Hospital in a stable condition. Despite the horrific attack, which left large gouges in his leg, the 17-year-old only required stitches.

Police confirmed he suffered a bite wound to his hip and paramedics said that despite his obvious pain, the teen was able to joke.

“We stopped about midway down the beach to asses the patient, he was stable and in very good spirits,” a NSW Ambulance spokesman said.

“He found the time for a couple jokes — considering what he’d been through, he was very, very good.”

Earlier, several fellow surfers had helped the injured Cooper from the water and got him onto a stretcher.

“He said, ‘you can call my dad, but don’t tell mum yet’,” local surfer Dan Webber, who was in the water 5m away when the attack happened, told The Australian.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...a/news-story/f25f4d9f2da5ab40e0d83debd43de67f

Last edited:
I didn't want to go in the water after the Jaws movie much less after seeing an actual shark and much much less after getting attacked by one!

Back