• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
YuELyxY.jpg

Victim Journee Blyden

MARION COUNTY, Fla.—A 10-year-old boy was charged in the violent death of his 2-year-old cousin Wednesday in Marion County, authorities said.

Back on June 21, toddler Journee Blyden was taken to a local hospital with severe head trauma and died a few days later, says the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

Initially, investigators were told that Journee was injured falling in her playpen, but after a more thorough investigation, detectives with the Sheriff's Office say it was the 10-year-old that caused the injuries that would eventually lead to her death.

Speaking to a juvenile witness, detectives learned of the 10-year-old's physical abuse of the toddler while all three kids were alone and unsupervised.

Detectives approached the 10-year-old with the other child's testimony, and the 10-year-old confessed that he was running with the toddler when he fell. He then told investigators he put Journee on the countertop and then accidentally pushed her off.

The Medical Examiner told detectives that the injuries to Journee could not have been caused by falling off a counter top and instead would have required excessive force. The examiner ruled the toddler's death a homicide.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/mb/ne...-violent-death-of-2-year-old-cousin/315276599

In an interview at Kimberly’s Center for Child Protection, the boy's sister said he would beat on her and Journee.

An autopsy at the Medical Examiner's Office found Journee had multiple fractures and bruises on her body. The doctor concluded her death was a homicide.

Journee's father, Kendall Corey Dustin Blyden, is on trial this week in connection with the beating death of another small child, his then-girlfriend’s 1-year-old son, Jayden Green, who died nearly two years ago. [[WTF!]]

Journee’s mother, Nicole Davis, blamed “poor supervision” for her daughter’s death.

“I believe something needs to be done. It's neglect,” she said.

On one hand, Davis said, she feels sorry for the boy. On the other hand, she said, if he were released from custody, she does not know what he might do to his sister or other siblings.

The boy needs counseling, Davis said, and he may have anger issues.

Sheriff's detectives said they are looking into the situation in which the boy, his young sister and Journee were left unsupervised.

As to why her daughter was at the home in the Shores, Davis said the plan was for Journee to stay there for three to six months while she went out of town to interview for a job.

Once settled, Davis would have come back to pick her up.

Davis said she gave the boy's grandmother permission to pick Journee up from day care, take her to the hospital and so forth while the girl was staying at the home.

http://www.ocala.com/news/20160908/mom-blames-poor-supervision-neglect-in-toddlers-homicide

This whole family is fucked up.

Sure the fuck is. These poor kids.
Makes me wonder what kind of fucked up abuse the 10yr old suffered. Beating a child is a learned behavior... he learned it from somewhere.
This story makes my heart sad, for alot of reasons. Dead babies, unsupervised children, 10 yr old killers, so many questions now.

This one makes my stomach feel sick. :(

This kid has more than fucking anger issues! He has parental fucktard issues! Dad's already locked up for beating a 2 year old and mom's going on a 6 month job interview!!!??? Guess we know nurture wins over nature this time!

Sure the fuck is. These poor kids.
Makes me wonder what kind of fucked up abuse the 10yr old suffered. Beating a child is a learned behavior... he learned it from somewhere.
This story makes my heart sad, for alot of reasons. Dead babies, unsupervised children, 10 yr old killers, so many questions now.

This one makes my stomach feel sick. :(
My heart says this kid got fucked over and needs help. But my mind says how can we (the system) help him.

This kid has more than fucking anger issues! He has parental fucktard issues! Dad's already locked up for beating a 2 year old and mom's going on a 6 month job interview!!!??? Guess we know nurture wins over nature this time!
It's not his dad who's locked up. The father belongs to the girl he beat. It's also not his mom. He is a cousin, not sibling. Doesn't make it better, just clarifying.

On a comic note, the mother that left her daughter to go on a 6 month job interview says this:
Journee’s mother, Nicole Davis, blamed “poor supervision” for her daughter’s death.

“I believe something needs to be done. It's neglect,” she said.
[doublepost=1473514798,1473511625][/doublepost]
It's not his dad who's locked up. The father belongs to the girl he beat. It's also not his mom. He is a cousin, not sibling. Doesn't make it better, just clarifying.
Just to elaborate further, the dad couldn't be there to care for his baby girl because he's locked up for the beating death of his girlfriends baby.
:YOW:
Now this got me thinking, I'm wondering if the mom migrated closer to where baby killer was locked up so she could visit. Having lived near a small town with a large prison, I know Dumb bitches do that.
If my thought is correct, then the dads actions played a hand in his own babys death.

This definitely sounds to me like the killer has some ongoing behavior issues.

A judge on Friday released a 10-year-old boy who has been in custody on a pending manslaughter charge to home detention. His release is tied to a safety plan specifying that he should not be left unsupervised with children younger or smaller than he is.

The boy, whose name is not being published because of his age, is expected to stay at the Heart of Florida Youth Ranch while his case remains pending.

Agency representatives said they will implement a safety plan calling for one-on-one supervision of the boy. And, in line with Robbins’ order, he will be the youngest child in his cottage during his stay there.

http://www.ocala.com/news/20160923/suspect-10-in-journees-death-released-to-agencys-care

Journee's father, Kendall Corey Dustin Blyden, is on trial this week in connection with the beating death of another small child, his then-girlfriend’s 1-year-old son, Jayden Green, who died nearly two years ago. [[WTF!]]

Still, if not the boy's father, sounds like it could very well be learned behavior.

As to why her daughter was at the home in the Shores, Davis said the plan was for Journee to stay there for three to six months while she went out of town to interview for a job.

Insert eye roll here. Last job interview I had lasted AN HOUR. Longest I've ever had including travel time was 5 HOURS. Where the hell was she going? Europe?!

Insert eye roll here. Last job interview I had lasted AN HOUR. Longest I've ever had including travel time was 5 HOURS. Where the hell was she going? Europe?!

Right?! Guess I didn't realize how serious strip clubs have gotten with their interview process?! :hilarious:

Back