• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
The baby daddy is Calvin Melvin, seriously that is what you name a kid. Sounds like a name for Jerry Lewis in one of his stupid movies.

Thanks DVq. I worked backwards. found Calvin's page, especially the post where he said dontrell was at his mothers place.
shoot them both.

Charged with neglect in the death of one of her children, Brittney Sierra has given birth again.
The Department of Children and Families confirms Sierra gave birth to her fourth child but would not reveal any other details.
In late September, charges against Sierra were reduced and Judge Matthew Destry ordered that she could be released on her own recognizance in order to give birth outside of jail, but must reside with a distant family friend who had agreed to house Sierra until she stood trial.
[...]
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/10/03/mom-charged-with-neglect-in-childs-death-gives-birth-again/

My niece just gave birth while serving a sentence on drug related charges. In Cook County Il, she can keep the baby with her in lock up until he is five. She did the crime, NOT the baby. Whoever fought for the right of these mothers to keep their babies were NOT thinking of the children. He is now locked up and of course the mothers there fight to keep the babies with them so they dont have to be in gen pop and I heard stories about how the girls will breastfeed just so they can get out of chores and classes. Why is an addict given a choice to breastfeed? I say keep the adult and find that baby a nice family that will love him.

how stupid is that??
behind bars for 5 years he/she wont have the social aspect of being out at parks,malls,beachs,etc,etc and then if mom stays past 5 years this kid is then ripped from ONLY person he/she has known and placed with basically strangers b/c even if relatives they wont know them
they wouldnt have gone to holidays,birthdays ,xmas etc with them to know who they are
I dont see a prob for couple months while nursing but that it
Give the kid a chance with a relative willing to raise it
how selfish is that to rob a child of a normal everyday life

Last edited:
how stupid is that??
Not stupid at all. Everybody knows the early years is very important to mother and child bonding. That bond (or lack of it) is very important for future development of the child. Children that don't bond well with their mother tend to have many other psychosocial problems later in life.

Here's an article on the program from when it celebrated it's first five years of operation: (Of note: ZERO women who participated in the program have returned to prison.)
To be eligible for the program mothers must have a projected release date before the baby turns two years old. Pregnant women beginning their incarceration with the department are carefully screened for eligibility. Fathers are strongly encouraged to visit their children as often as possible and to participate in family programs along with the mother. IDOC also provides programs for incarcerated mothers at each of its female facilities designed to create and strengthen healthy relationships within the family structure.
http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/news/2012/Pages/MomsBabiesAnniversary.aspx

Nine states have "babies behind bars" programs for those that give birth in prison: California, Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, South Dakota, Washington and West Virginia. Federal prisons also allow newborns to remain with their mom.

To be eligible for the program mothers must have a projected release date before the baby turns two years old. Pregnant women beginning their incarceration with the department are carefully screened for eligibility. Fathers are strongly encouraged to visit their children as often as possible and to participate in family programs along with the mother. IDOC also provides programs for incarcerated mothers at each of its female facilities designed to create and strengthen healthy relationships within the family structure.
and that's fine ,like I said in my answer I'm not against for awhile but he was talking 5 years in prison
To me 5 years in a prison from birth to 5 years then take away and give to someone in the outside world is a bit much

Last edited:
and that's fine ,like I said in my answer I'm not against for awhile but he was talking 5 years in prison
To me 5 years in a prison from birth to 5 years then take away and give to someone in the outside world is a bit much
I'm not sure about the 5 year thing for the same reason you stated. I poked around and found there is a specialty program in Cook County for parents with drug problems that have non-violent offenses. It's more of a treatment center before they are turned back out into the public on probation. It's not like they take the kids away or the kids are brought into jail - they keep everyone together and give the mother tools to improve the odds for everyone.

The DWJS MOM's program is a 16-bed off-site community based program designed for pregnant and/or parenting women and their preschool age children. The program incorporates a gender-responsive integrated model of treatment to cover substance abuse and mental health issues, physical health care and supportive services that include family reunification. DWJS offers continuity of care through our collaboration with the Adult Probation Department allowing participants sentenced to probation to transition into Probation’s Community Reentry Program (CRP) and continue with their treatment plan.
Started in 1998

Who is helped?
Pregnant and/or parenting women with non-violent convictions and substance abuse and mental health issues, under the jurisdiction of the Cook County Sheriff. Capacity: Approximately 80 women served annually.
http://nicic.gov/WODP/Program/335-dwjs-moms-program

WTF is up with taking pics with the middle finger :finger:? The hoe has 3 kids but almost every other pic is her flipping the :finger:. Gonna ask my son when he gets home if it's a statement.

Charges have been dropped against the mother after it was discovered she made repeated attempts to call police to find her son and was dismissed.

Child neglect charges have been dropped against the mother of a baby who was found buried in her Hallandale Beach backyard.

Brittany Sierra was arrested in January 2013 after it was discovered her son, Dontrell Melvin, had been missing since 2011.

Prosecutors said Sierra was initially charged with child neglect, because the state only had knowledge of one phone call she made to police to find her son. It was later revealed that Sierrra had made four phone calls to police.

Police found Dontrell Melvin's body in back of a home where Sierra once lived with the boy's father, Calvin Melvin Jr.

Police reports indicate the body had blunt trauma to the skull caused by police during the recovery. The medical examiner's office determined the bones were too damaged to determine a cause of death, but said Dontrell's death was due to "violence by undetermined means."

According to a closeout memo, Sierra and Calvin Melvin Jr. had discussed placing the baby up for adoption. Sierra told detectives that Calvin Melvin Jr. took it upon himself to give the baby to his parents without her consent. She said his parents didn't like her and she believed they were keeping her son away from her.

Detectives made contact with the parents, who said they hadn't seen Dontrell since he was two months old. Dontrell would have been 18 months old at the time his body was found.

According to the memo, law enforcement did not intervene after Sierra's numerous phone calls, because they believed it was "strictly a civil matter."

http://m.local10.com/news/charges-dropped-against-mother-of-baby-found-buried-in-backyard/32525526

Last edited:
So she called repeatedly to get her child back and law enforcement did not think it mattered? Now who has egg on their face?

Child Neglect Charge Dropped Against Father of Dontrell Melvin

In the summer of 2011, 5-month-old Dontrell Melvin went missing, but no one reported it. After a Department of Children and Families investigation in January, the skeletal remains of a child were found in a backyard where the missing boy’s parents used to live in Hallandale Beach.

Days later, the boy’s parents were arrested. Brittney Sierra and Calvin Melvin Jr. both denied any wrongdoing.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...inst-Father-of-Dontrell-Melvin-192420921.html

Last edited:
A man who pleaded no contest last month to three felony counts of giving false information to a law enforcement officer after his son was found buried in his backyard was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Calvin Melvin Jr. and Brittany Sierra were arrested in January 2013 after it was discovered that their son, Dontrell Melvin, had been missing since 2011.

Police later found Dontrell's body buried behind the couple's Hallandale Beach home.

Police reports indicate the body had blunt trauma to the skull caused by police during the recovery. The medical examiner's office determined the bones were too damaged to determine a cause of death, but said Dontrell's death was due to "violence by undetermined means."

Child neglect charges were dropped against Sierra in April. According to a closeout memo, Sierra and Melvin had discussed placing the baby up for adoption. Sierra told detectives that Melvin took it upon himself to give the baby to his parents without her consent. She said his parents didn't like her, and she believed they were keeping her son away from her.

Detectives made contact with the parents, who said they hadn't seen Dontrell since he was 2 months old. Dontrell would have been 18 months old at the time his body was found.

According to the memo, law enforcement did not intervene after Sierra's numerous phone calls to police, because they believed it was "strictly a civil matter."

Neither parent was ever charged with murder, due to a lack of evidence in the case. Child neglect charges against Melvin were dropped last month.

He faced up to 15 years in prison during sentencing.

http://www.local10.com/news/florida...in-prison-after-son-found-buried-in-backyard-

@Satanica @cubby @GenericUser123
May 9, 2018

Calvin Melvin lied to investigators about the disappearance of his baby boy, who was found dead days later in January 2013. But he didn’t deserve to go to prison for it, an appeals court ruled Wednesday.

Dontrell Melvin’s body was found buried in the backyard of the home his father and mother shared when he was last seen alive, 18 months earlier.

No one was ever charged in the 5-month-old boy’s death, but Melvin, 32, pled guilty in 2015 for misleading detectives who were looking for the missing child. Then-Broward Circuit Judge Matthew Destry sentenced him to 10 years in prison.

That, the Fourth District Court of Appeal ruled, was a mistake.

Calvin Melvin told detectives in January 2013 that he had given the boy to his parents. He then told them he dropped Dontrell off at a fire station.

When he finally came clean, he led police to Dontrell’s body. He said he suspected the child’s mother, Brittney Sierra, had buried him in the backyard because she would sometimes go there and cry.

Sierra, in turn, blamed the child’s father. But there was never enough evidence to charge either parent with causing Dontrell’s death.

But Destry never justified the prison term, and he should have sentenced Melvin to a court-recommended term of probation the appeals court ruled.

“The trial court’s order was insufficient to support a finding that appellant was a danger to the public,” the court ruled.

Defense lawyer Ed Hoeg said Wednesday that he was pleased with the decision to free Melvin but disappointed the court upheld his convictions.

Hoeg had argued that Melvin should never have been charged with a felony.

“His false statements had no connection at all to the baby dying,” Hoeg said.

A medical examiner's report concluded the baby died from "violence of undetermined means."

The appeals court’s decision is not final, and Melvin will remain in prison until prosecutors have an opportunity to appeal.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...ather-sentence-overturned-20180509-story.html
1545947448117.png

Back