• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2lllhqu.jpg

Kenneth M. Stahli
260s8dv.jpg
Milton man charged in toddler's death due in court Monday
August 8, 2014

[...]
26-year-old Milton man is due in court on Monday to face charges he caused the death of a 2-year-old boy.

Kenneth M. Stahli has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the death of Mason L. Decosmo. He's accused of causing the boy's death by blunt force at the toddler's home
[...]
State police said the boy was the victim of physical abuse over the course of several days at the hands of Stahli, who was dating the victim's mother, Katlin Wolfert.

Wolfert moved into a Walnut Park Lane mobile home
[...]
with Decosmo and her infant son, following a breakup with the boys' biological father
[...]
Kayla Pagan, a 24-year-old
[...]
resident, said Wolfert had begun looking for work following the split with the boys' father; Stahli and a babysitter had watched the children while she searched.

Wolfert "is an amazing person,
[...]
"She doesn't deserve this. No parent deserves this."
[....]
along with two other friends, started a fundraiser to raise money for the toddler's funeral.

"She is a phenomenal mother," said Carolyn Brill, 21, a former
[...]
classmate of Wolfert. "I would go to her anytime I had a question about my child."

Stahli's own family doesn't believe the charges — family members said he loved kids, and has four of his own.

"There is no way my son intentionally would hurt a kid," his mother, Donna Stahli, said in an interview
[...]
"It's horrible," said Robert Stahli, of his son. "I was never a role model father for him but … he lived every day of his life to make his kids' lives better. As far as I'm concerned, he was playing … that's not my son. That's not my son
[...]
started dating a couple of months ago, but they've known each other for years, since they went to the same high school, said Brittany Stahli, Kenneth's sister.

"He loved those kids (Wolfert's two) like his own,"
[...]
"My brother would never abuse a child in his life. You put him around kids, he's like a big kid himself. He would do anything to make a child smile. For my brother to be called a murderer, let alone a child murderer
[...]
Marlborough police and Emergency Medical Services workers arrived at the Walnut Park Lane home shortly after 4 p.m., in response to a 911 call for an unresponsive child.
[...]
responders performed CPR on the boy. He was transported to Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie, where he was pronounced dead.
[...]
police announced Stahli's arrest Thursday and ruled Decosmo's death a homicide after an autopsy Wednesday determined the cause of death to be blunt force.

On Thursday, Walnut Park Lane was quiet. Brightly colored toys dotted the lawn outside the home where police said Decosmo was killed.

Heidi Boland lives on Walnut Park Lane with her two children.

"Everyone always says 'it can't happen to me,' but this is too close," B
[....]
Now I want to start a neighborhood watch ... we have elderly people here."

The couple moved in a few weeks ago,
[...]
It was hard to tell if anyone lived there, since the neighbors on the street, while friendly, tend to keep to themselves
[...]
"I've seen (Stahli) walk around … a couple of times, to the mailbox and stuff, and he always had the same look on his face,
[...]
"I only saw kids running around one day," though Boland's mother, who also lives on Walnut Park Lane, saw Decosmo once. "She thought, 'oh good, a friend' " for her grandchildren
[...]
Stahli was sent to the Ulster County Jail without bail. He's due back in Marlborough town court on Monday at 5 p.m.

The investigation is being conducted by state and Marlborough town police, along with the Ulster County Child Advocacy Center, the Dutchess County Medical Examiner's Office and the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/.../08/07/milton-toddler-murder-arrest/13726135/
35c1o4h.jpg

Mason
majx2u.jpg

Mason & Mom Kayla​

Mason had more than 60 bruises, wounds
December 5, 2014
More than 60 bruises — old and new — on his face, chest, arms, abdomen, back, groin and legs.
Internal bleeding "on the brain," in his abdomen, in his chest.
Injuries that could be consistent with sexual abuse.
Those were just some of the injuries that 2-year-old Mason DeCosmo had
[...]
according to Dr. Dennis Chute, the Dutchess County medical examiner.

Mason died from abuse suffered over a period of days, allegedly at the hands of his mother's live-in boyfriend, 27-year-old Kenneth Stahli,
[....]
Prior to her son's death, Mason's mother, Katlin Wolfert, did think that Stahli might have abused him, said Timothy Crispell, a Child Protective Services
[...]
who interviewed Wolfert and Stahli.

Mason was an active child and Wolfert told
[...]
that she chalked his bruising "up to boys will be boys, rough-housing," said a state police investigator
[...]
But she didn't take Mason to the doctor, because he was covered in bruises and Wolfert was afraid Child Protective Services would be called, according to testimonies over a period of days from Crispell, and state police investigators Mario Restivo and Dina Pavloudakis.

Stahli was indicted on felony second-degree murder, depraved indifference murder of a child.
[....]
Ulster County public defender Andrew Kossover, has been in court, answering a severe abuse petition on his behalf. Stahli's in Ulster County Jail on no bail.
[....]
Ulster County Department of Social Services will seek "a finding of severe abuse against" Wolfert, who has been answering a neglect petition in the family court, announced Heather Harp, representing the department,
[...]
They are not seeking to terminate Wolfert's parental rights completely, Harp said.

Wolfert
[...]
told investigators that Mason wasn't "acting normal," had "pooped out a blood clot," and vomited a "black" substance in the days leading up to his death, according to testimony
[...]
But fearing involvement from Child Protective Services, seeing that Mason seemed to be feeling better at times — he was "up and down like a roller coaster" — and being a mom who didn't "run to the doctor for every little thing," Wolfert did not seek medical treatment, she told Crispell, according to his testimony
[...]
Wolfert also "didn't need that because there was a custody case" she was involved in, with the father of Mason and her younger son, Jaxon DeCosmo,
[...]
Jaxon is in the custody of his and Mason's father, Louis DeCosmo. Wolfert was denied supervised visitation with Jaxon
[...]
Mason was declared dead at Vassar Brothers Medical Center on Aug. 5.

Chute performed his autopsy on Aug. 6. and determined Mason's cause of death was blunt impact to the head, torso and extremities
[...]

Mason had more than 60 bruises and 10 scrapes, had been internally bleeding in multiple places, had a fractured rib, signs of possible sexual abuse and a lacerated pancreas and liver
[...]
"Essentially, I think it's a beating that took place... over a couple of days... not accidental,"
[...]
"When I see a collection of injuries like this, my interpretation is that it's abuse."

Family Court Judge Anthony McGinty asked Chute to look at one of Mason's autopsy photos.

"Can we agree that it's readily apparent... visible to anyone who saw the child's body" that there are bruises across Mason's face, chest, abdomen, pubic area and on other parts of his body, McGinty said to Chute. "Which of those would have been visible 24 hours earlier?"

"All of them,"
[...]
They might not have been as pronounced."
[...]
said the rip or tear in the skin of Mason's anal canal could also be caused by constipation.

Evidence was gathered with a rape kit but "I don't have the results,"
[...]
Some of Mason's injuries — external and internal — were older

[...]
"He sustained the injuries to the pancreas and liver at least a few days prior to his death... I think there was another event that caused blood to start to accumulate... another trauma
[...]
Investigator Restivo said Stahli admitted to placing his knee on Mason's lower abdominal area after the boy bit him on Aug. 2.

Wolfert knew Mason "had injuries," said investigator Dina Pavloudakis, who interviewed Wolfert after Mason's death. "She just never sought medical attention. Every time I asked" her why she didn't go to the doctor, Wolfert said she was worried that Child Protective Services would be called if she took him.

Mason was an active child and Wolfert told police that she chalked his bruising "up to boys will be boys, rough-housing,"
[....]
Wolfert's attorney Amy Ingram argued that a regular person might not know to take a child to the doctor if they weren't exhibiting too many symptoms, or if the ones they were showing were consistent with illnesses like a stomach virus.

It would also be hard to determine when to visit a doctor if the child would show signs of feeling better
[...]
Stahli told investigators that he wanted to take Mason to the doctor, but Wolfert was against it
[...]
Crispell testified that Stahli told him Wolfert was going to take Mason to the doctor on Wednesday, Aug. 6 — a day after the toddler died.
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/.../04/mason-decosmo-coroner-testifies/19923339/
2lw0f7o.jpg

2lo13t0.jpg
Investigator: Mom thought boyfriend abused tot before his death
[...]
his death, 2-year-old Mason DeCosmo had more than 60 bruises - old and new - internal injuries, and injuries that could be consistent with sexual abuse,

[...]
Mason allegedly died from abuse suffered over a period of days, at the hands of his mother's live-in boyfriend, 27-year-old Kenneth Stahli.
Testimony continued
[....]
It's set to start again on Dec. 23.
Stahli, who was dating and living with the toddler's mother Katlin Wolfert, was indicted on felony second-degree murder, depraved indifference murder of a child.
Stahli's attorney, Ulster County public defender Andrew Kossover,

[...]
Prior to her son's death, Wolfert did think that Stahli might have abused Mason, said Timothy Crispell, a Child Protective Services investigator for the Ulster County Department of Social Services, who interviewed both Wolfert and Stahli.
[...]
rest at link
http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2014/12/03/mason-decosmo-mom-hearing/19866111/

I love his smile, his red hair and his eyes. Must be very sad for mom to realize he will never again
say I love you mommy, she'll never run her hand through his hair, and he will never see her again.
If only she'd taken him too the doctor.

I hope they get convicted. They should be ordered to have to live with this boys autopsy photo's plastered on their cell walls til the day they die.

I'm so appalled by mom's lack of action concerning her sons wellbeing it's insane. I really really want to punch her face til my hand cramps up.

told investigators that Mason wasn't "acting normal," had "pooped out a blood clot," and vomited a "black" substance in the days leading up to his death,

and being a mom who didn't "run to the doctor for every little thing," Wolfert did not seek medical treatment

Puking and shitting blood is NOT, I repeat NOT, a little thing, it's a BIG, a VERY BIG thing. How can anyone think that puking and crapping blood is a little thing? She didn't want to be seperated from her thing, that man with the little thang!!!!!!!

Poor little guy, he is the absolute spitting image of my nephew with his red hair and brown eyes, how can you hurt him?

I hope they get convicted. They should be ordered to have to live with this boys autopsy photo's plastered on their cell walls til the day they die.
I looked for those pics and sometimes they are online before trials done but couldn't find them

The mom should be convicted of murder as well. Avoiding action when a child is shitting out clots of blood and vomiting black substances simply because you're afraid of child services being called is just as much as murder as the injuries directly inflicted. She ignored him. She avoided taking him for treatment because she knew something was wrong; she knew what was going on. You don't simply "suspect" injury of your child by your "lover" and not confront them about it, and on top of all you definitely don't put worry of your man getting in trouble over the condition of your child. She is a murderer just as much as him. The attorney's defense was weak. He was beat over a course of days, he wouldn't have shown signs of healing. He was suffering; trying to hold on, and don't even try to state that a parent might "not know" when to take their child to a doctor. Every decent parent I know has always taken their children to a physician if they even SUSPECTED something was wrong. If she gets off easy on this I'm going to be disappointed in the gullibility of our justice system. Don't be fooled by this woman. She's a horrible mother. She's a murderer.

Last edited:
"It's horrible," said Robert Stahli, of his son. "I was never a role model father for him but … he lived every day of his life to make his kids' lives better. As far as I'm concerned, he was playing …

...like a cat with a mouse.

Looks like we know where the abuser learned his parenting skills. As for the mother, her lack of concern over "little things" like blood coming out both ends of her child makes me wonder if anyone gave this little guy any comfort at all during those last horrible days he was on this earth. Just heartbreaking.

Yeah the apple didn't fall far from the tree! It is heartbreaking. This man doesn't even get it...that his son followed his pattern of abuse behind closed doors. He wasn't trying to make these kids lives better. He knew what he was doing was wrong...obvious by trying to hide it...but he was treating these kids in a manner comparable to what he grew up with as "normal". He's as twisted as his father.

The black substance was old blood :arghh: that poor boy was bleeding to death internally and they just let him suffer and die. I can't. That sweet little baby .

Wolfert
[...]
told investigators that Mason wasn't "acting normal," had "pooped out a blood clot," and vomited a "black" substance in the days leading up to his death, according to testimony
[...]
But fearing involvement from Child Protective Services, seeing that Mason seemed to be feeling better at times — he was "up and down like a roller coaster" — and being a mom who didn't "run to the doctor for every little thing," Wolfert did not seek medical treatment, she told Crispell, according to his testimony
[...]
Wolfert also "didn't need that because there was a custody case" she was involved in, with the father of Mason and her younger son, Jaxon DeCosmo,
[...]

This whore knew he was abusing her baby. He was a fucking baby!!!! She rolled the dice cause she didn't want to get her dick in trouble and her child died!!!! Her son lost his big brother!!!!

They are not seeking to terminate Wolfert's parental rights completely, Harp said.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?????!!!!!!!

Both my boys have red hair. :( All these little red heads lately!!! Ugh!!! It's always the same shit...toddler dies of blunt force trauma at the hands of moms new penis...when are these bitches gonna learn??? I'm still stuck on this little guy pooping a blood clot an throwing up black stuff...ANY FUCKING IDIOT KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS...or at least that it's not normal. Mom showed selfishness and complete dumbassery by not getting help for this poor tot. :arghh: Off with their fucking heads.

So, she had Mason, age 2 and an infant son, broke up with their father and moved in with this assclown a "couple of months ago"? What can't let the cum-dumpster get empty before moving on to the new dick?

I was all ready to feel bad for her, I really was, until I read about the black vomit and blood clot in the feces AND her worries of him abusing her son. At that moment sympathy went out the wondow and she became like all the othe rdesperate cunts we see oher. All about the dick they can shove into whatever orifice of their bodies that he likes and nothing about her children. I want her raped with a barbed wire wrapped basebal bat, in all her holes at once, then him and then we just let them sit somewhereand die slowly and painfully like they did to Mason.

Third day of Stahli's trial.

Kenneth Stahli pleaded with state police investigators he did nothing to cause the death of a two-year-old boy in a video shown Friday to an Ulster County Court jury.
More than two hours of the third day of Stahli’s murder trial was dedicated to a video of him being interviewed by state police investigators Mario Restivo and James Brown.
Stahli is charged with killing Mason Decosmo - the son of his ex-girlfriend Kaitlin Wolfert - after police say the boy suffered from abuse over several days.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150501/NEWS/150509911/-1/COMM03

It was the moment prosecutors and loved ones of Mason DeCosmo had been waiting for.

Kenneth Stahli was found guilty of second-degree murder, depraved indifference murder of a child, for the death of 2-year-old Mason on Friday morning.

But the victory was a hollow one, family and attorneys said: Stahli's conviction was important, but it won't bring Mason back.

The jury's verdict is the legal culmination of a story that rocked the Hudson Valley: a toddler — beaming in most every photograph he appears in — beaten to death by his mother's new boyfriend, who was living with her, and was supposed to be babysitting both Mason and his baby brother Jaxon DeCosmo.

B9317279533Z.1_20150508193026_000_GS0ANVEQP.1-0.jpg

Mason DeCosmo (Photo: Courtesy photo)

Over the past two weeks, as Stahli's trial unfolded before Judge Donald Williams in the Ulster County Court, jurors heard from witnesses, District Attorney Holley Carnright, who prosecuted the case, and Stahli's attorneys, Public Defenders Andrew Kossover and MariAnn Connolly.

In January, the Ulster County Family Court found that Wolfert abused and neglected both of her sons by not getting medical attention for Mason. She has not been charged criminally and maintains that she is not to blame for her son's death.

Wolfert, who was a witness for the prosecution during Stahli's trial, attended court Friday with her boyfriend, mother, father, grandmother and family friend.

After the verdict came in, a tearful Wolfert stood outside of the courtroom and said "my son finally has justice. I put my faith in Holley (Carnright)… I have to thank Holley so much throughout this."

Next up for Wolfert, who gets supervised biweekly visits with son Jaxon, is "healing, grieving for my son," she said. "Because I can finally do that."

The guilty verdict was "the best news I've heard in a while," Wolfert added.

Before the verdict came in, Louis DeCosmo, Mason's father, said a guilty verdict for Stahli would "make me feel good, that the person that put his hands on my son, that caused his death," will be punished, but said he won't be satisfied until Wolfert, too, is criminally charged for Mason's death.

Carnright said he will seek the maximum punishment for Stahli: 25 years to life in prison. He will be sentenced on June 4, the DA's office said.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/local/2015/05/08/mason-decosmo-stahli-guilty/27013579/

SHIT OUT A BLOOD CLOT?!?!?!??

I am pretty desensitized to this shit by now, but what this poor baby's suffered brought a real tear, despite my black heart :(

I hope momster and her dick of the month both get hard jail time (and some prison justice served COLD on a fucking platter covered in poop blood clots :punch:)

i think its pretty safe to say that if a youngin shits out a blood clot, thats something to be concerned about.

I'm so appalled by mom's lack of action concerning her sons wellbeing it's insane. I really really want to punch her face til my hand cramps up.
Me too.. Until she has 60 bruises and cuts all over her body shes suffering so bad and cant get to a dr!

i think its pretty safe to say that if a youngin shits out a blood clot, thats something to be concerned about.
You're probably right about oh hell no I can't feign a disaffected demeanor for this one.

Shitting blood clots? Godamighty.

March 2, 2018

The murder conviction for the man who killed 2-year-old Mason DeCosmo has been upheld.

The state Appellate Division, Third Department, unanimously affirmed the June 2015 second-degree murder conviction by jury verdict of Kenneth Stahli.

Kenneth Stahli was sentenced to 25 years to life by Ulster County Court by Judge Donald Williams on June 3, 2015.

On appeal, Stahli argued that the verdict was against the weight of the evidence. He also argued that his sentence of 25 to life was excessive. In affirming the conviction, the Court rejected each of the defendant’s arguments.

Mason died Aug. 5, 2014 covered in nearly 70 bruises — some older, some new — and internal injuries, with traces of heroin found in his bile and his pancreas cut in two.

"I have to admit at first, I didn't see a child murderer," Williams told Stahli at sentencing. "That opinion changed rather quickly. The proof of your guilt was overwhelming."

Over a 10-day-period, "you ruthlessly, savagely, beat Mason DeCosmo to death," Williams said. "That this assault, this murder, could have have been permitted by others is beyond this court's comprehension."
https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com...ld-murder-2-year-old-mason-decosmo/389813002/

Back