• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
I have apparently lost the ability to use an image hosting site since I updated my iOS. Would someone be so kind as to paste the pic from the first link please?
EDWARDSVILLE, ILL. - Police are looking for a 13-year-old girl and her 2-week-old son who are believed to be traveling with the girl's step-father.

According to a LEAP alert from the Madison County Sheriff's Office, Katherine and Christopher Ray Derleth went missing early Sunday morning out of Edwardsville, Illinois. Police believe they are traveling with Christopher M. Derleth, the [STEP] father of Katherine.

Police said they may be headed for West Virginia in a green 1997 Mercury Villager minivan with Illinois License Plate E833201.

Katherine, 13, is described as a 4-foot-8, 95-pound girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She has three birthmarks on her right knee. Christopher Ray, 2-weeks, is described as a 1-foot-9, 8-pound baby boy with brown hair and unknown eye color.

The step-father, 39, is a 6-foot-1, 160-pound man with brown hair and hazel eyes.
http://www.ksdk.com/mb/news/local/p...-13-year-old-and-her-2-week-old-son/320487392
Illinois State Police say a 13-year-old Edwardsville girl and her two-week-old baby are missing and may be headed to West Virginia.

Police issued an endangered missing person advisory, Sunday afternoon, for Katherine Elizabeth Derleth and Christopher Ray Derleth. Click here to see poster.

They may be in a green Mercury Villager minivan with Illinois plates E833210.
http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2016/09/18/breaking-two-edwardsville-juveniles-missing/

Hoping I'm wrong, but...

Jeebus God, not another baby knocked up with stepdaddy's baby. :mad: And you just KNOW this is the case.

Seriously would CUT. A. BITCH. who even touched my daughter. Sick pigs.

Fo, from your link:

nzgjd0.jpg

[doublepost=1474249953,1474249840][/doublepost]God, she looks like my teen kiddo.....who still likes Legos. :(

How was she able to have the child and still be in the house with him?? I would think CPS (or whatever) would be pulling her fast

How was she able to have the child and still be in the house with him?? I would think CPS (or whatever) would be pulling her fast
Maybe she said it was this boy and that boy and maybe some other boy and CPS asked for stepdads dna he refuses and CPS says okay, we'll get a court order.

Everything takes time. In the mean time, stepdad takes girl and baby and goes poof.

He's probably telling her how much he loves her blah blah barf.

Derleth has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and child abduction. A nationwide warrant for his arrest has been issued. He faces up to 30 years behind bars and bond has been set at $200,000.
http://www.ksdk.com/mb/news/local/s...-13-year-old-and-her-2-week-old-son/320487392

Picture of the minivan at the link. The LEAP mean Law Enforcement All Points, it's only a matter of time (hopefully) before they're spotted. Please let it be while the teen and her baby are unharmed.

Curiosity...Why is this not an Amber alert? Child abduction, description of the vehicle, possible suspect....shouldn't the alert be plastered all over the interstates and buzzing on peoples' phones?!

I don't understand.

I am just printing what I read, but the teen was actually sleeping with him every night in Her mother's house, mother slept by herself!!! The MOM actually was ok with her husband doing this!!!! When the hospital and officials found out, she was placed with guardians. So the stepfather planned to get her, head east and she was happy with that.
I repeat, this is hearsay, God I hope it's not the truth!!!

I don't understand.

There are a few things I don't understand. Could just be undisclosed info, but I want to know how she is declared abducted? If he's her stepfather, he would be a legal guardian.
But .... she was declared 'endangered' by LE. Which suggests some threat from Derleth. As do the charges.

So yeah. WTF?

ETA ...... errrr .....:confused:

I am just printing what I read, but the teen was actually sleeping with him every night in Her mother's house, mother slept by herself!!! The MOM actually was ok with her husband doing this!!!! When the hospital and officials found out, she was placed with guardians. So the stepfather planned to get her, head east and she was happy with that.

Got a link?

Here's a pic of the minivan they are looking for from the above link:
Police believe they may be traveling to West Virginia in a green 1997 Mercury Villager minivan with Illinois license plate E833210. Surprised they haven't been spotted yet, but as of 1hr ago, the trio is still missing.
villagerforsale_1474254281798_6121436_ver1_0.jpg

I have apparently lost the ability to use an image hosting site since I updated my iOS.
@Forensicwx maybe try postimage.org , I use it to post from my laptop & it works from my iphone (plus no sign up & no expiration on your pics!);)

Last edited:
West Virginia in a green 1997 Mercury Villager minivan with Illinois license plate E833210. Surprised they haven't been spotted yet, but as of 1hr ago, the trio is still missing.
It's a miracle the thing is still driving, let alone making it to W. Virginia. Seriously, start looking in nowhere Indiana, that thing has been dumped.

I'm also curious where you're reading this hearsay from?

That scenario would make sense then, how she could be abducted if he wasn't her current guardian. I am suspicious they were DNA testing the child and before they could arrest him, the two took off?

As for the mother? Just no. I would imagine there will be charges against her if she allowed that relationship to happen.

I'm also curious where you're reading this hearsay from?

That scenario would make sense then, how she could be abducted if he wasn't her current guardian. I am suspicious they were DNA testing the child and before they could arrest him, the two took off?
As for the mother? Just no. I would imagine there will be charges against her if she allowed that relationship to happen.

I found a site that has similar info to what @verticallychallenged posted:
I'm not sure how legit the site is, but it did pop up when I did a google search under 'news' for recent updates on this case.
The exact comment was:
And then there was this comment on our facebook wall:
"The whole thing is sad and I know these people. The mom was my boss and she was fired for theft. The thing is he didn’t kidnap her. She left willingly. That’s his baby that’s why DCFS removed them and they were under investigation. The mom is just as guilty she allowed her husband to share a bed with her daughter every night because “he was in love with her” so he slept with his wife’s daughter instead of his wife. Hell the baby is named after him. Both of them should be rotting in jail"

From the same site:
...Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons told during a press conference that a ’no contact order’ had been previously issued against Christopher M Derleth, barring him from interacting with his stepdaughter, who at one point had lived with him.
The elder Christopher Derleth is married and has at least six children.

scallywagandvagabond.com

Well, there's finally an Amber alert issued for this man in West Virginia.

http://ktla.com/2016/09/19/nationwi...f-kidnapping-13-year-old-and-her-newborn-son/

I will not understand why this wasn't issued in Illinois and Indiana as well. All over the interstates.

Mom speaks out:
EDWARDSVILLE, ILL. - A devastated mother is pleading for her 13-year-old daughter and newborn grandson to return home safely.

Thirteen-year-old Katherine Derleth and her three week old son have been missing from Madison County since Sunday morning. They were last seen with Katherine’s stepfather, Chris Derleth, in West Virginia on Monday.

Madison County investigators say they’ve been fielding quite a few tips of reporting sightings, and are concentrating their search on West Virginia and the east coast. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is heavily involved, and the AMBER Alert is still active.

For legal reasons, Jennifer couldn't discuss why her husband of five years may have left the state with her daughter and grandson. She did say that Chris loves to camp, anywhere by a lake. She's hoping that's where they are: "We used to go camping all the time, so it would be nothing new. I don't know if he has our camping gear with him."

At camp sites, highway rest stops, gas stations, and motels, she's pleading the American public to be on the lookout for the following:

• Chris Derleth's van: A green 1997 Mercury Villager with a PIASA dealership logo on the rear, and visible damage on the rear and driver’s side. It was last spotted in West Virginia.
  • Chris Derleth: A 6-foot-tall man with blue eyes, who often wears sunglasses.
  • Katherine Derleth & her newborn baby: A very soft-spoken girl who’s under 5 feet tall, often wears a pony tail, and glasses, and will likely be holding her newborn baby.
http://www.ksdk.com/mb/news/local/mother-begs-for-daughter-grandsons-return/323204711

Jeebus God, not another baby knocked up with stepdaddy's baby. :mad: And you just KNOW this is the case.

Seriously would CUT. A. BITCH. who even touched my daughter. Sick pigs.
It's definitely his baby, the baby has the same name as the sick ass step dad! The little girl was in a foster home due to abuse allegations against the step father when she went missing! Absolutely disgust me! I hope I'm wrong but I bet he ends up killing them since police have a warrant out for him for kidnapping and child abduction!!
[doublepost=1474602952,1474602587][/doublepost]
There are a few things I don't understand. Could just be undisclosed info, but I want to know how she is declared abducted? If he's her stepfather, he would be a legal guardian.
But .... she was declared 'endangered' by LE. Which suggests some threat from Derleth. As do the charges.

So yeah. WTF?

ETA ...... errrr .....:confused:

Got a link?
It's because CPS placed her in a foster home because of abuse allegations against him, and there was a restraining order in place against him having any contact with her!

It's definitely his baby, the baby has the same name as the sick ass step dad! The little girl was in a foster home due to abuse allegations against the step father when she went missing! Absolutely disgust me! I hope I'm wrong but I bet he ends up killing them since police have a warrant out for him for kidnapping and child abduction!!
[doublepost=1474602952,1474602587][/doublepost]
It's because CPS placed her in a foster home because of abuse allegations against him, and there was a restraining order in place against him having any contact with her!

Yeah. Those facts did come out in this thread after I'd posted that. :shrug:

(ETA snipped. I was confusing two threads.)

Last edited:
Finally! I've been searching for this most of the night.

There has been sightings of them in West Virginia, on Sunday. But this was on my local news and the I couldn't find an article to link. Thankfully.

Katherine has a heart condition and had a pacemaker implanted at birth. The equipment needed to insure that the pacemaker is properly working was left behind, police said.

She was also recovering after a cesarean section during child birth and was supposed to be under a doctor's care.

This is why they're considering her endangered (aside from her age, of course).
She does not have the testing equipment she needs as well as the fact that she is still recovering from her C-section.

ETA
http://www.king5.com/mb/news/local/...3-year-old-and-her-2-week-old-son-1/322373886

Last edited:
http://www.people.com/article/missing-illinois-teen-mother-stepfather-kidnap-infant-son-rape

Well, it's People, but still a MSM source.

Note the part about "another man living with them"....da FUQ???:eek:

Chief Lorton says his officers began investigating the specific circumstances surrounding Katherine's pregnancy months ago.

As a result of that probe, which focused on her stepfather as well as another man she had been living with, the state removed Katherine and her son from her home and placed them with a foster family, Lorton says.

A protective order was also issued, barring Christopher from contact with the teen, according to authorities.

Last edited:
It just gets sicker and sicker as it goes.

Having survived 2 C-sections, 2 weeks out from it is still pretty rough, not sufficiently healed to be moving from state to state in a car taking care of a baby, too.

So, some legal questions:

Will K be allowed to keep baby C? Her own mother has proven to be worthless at protecting K from rapey mcfuckingbeast, and even in foster care K (apparently) willingly left to be with this shitstain. Bless her damaged heart, she probably thinks this is love-she knows nothing else...

I mean, without an adult to care for K, would she be allowed to keep C? Sorry, the whole thing of little girls (and K is so much a CHILD) having babies is hard enough but factor in this nasty, potbellied, pedo rapist....and GAWD. My head wants to essplode.

Also, and forgive me for this, but I can't get past the fact that this little girl will never have the experience of falling in love and yes, in lust, with a boy her own age and discovering sex in a mutually loving relationship. She may have relationships with men/boys her own age, but her FIRST was being raped and impregnated by this piece of utter slime. Can you imagine what that must have been like for her?

Sorry. Don't know why this one upsets me any more that the other heinous shit we read here.....like I said in shout, maybe it was that pic of her smiling and her permanent teeth were still all big and awkward looking because she had not grown into them yet....it just hit me so hard. :(

I don't like the idea of separating a mom from her baby but Katherine is so young & obviously has some trauma/issues she's going to have to deal with. It would seem nearly impossible for her to take care of herself & a baby at this point.

Plus we know that her immediate family is not going of any help- putting her back into that grossly dysfunctional household would def do her more harm than good!

Maybe best case scenario would be a foster home that could take both Katherine & her baby so they could be together, but she could have the support that she's going to need.

To be blunt, I think she should lose the baby.

Yes I understand that she's just a child and can't really be blamed as she's a victim too, but I don't think she shows the mental capacity to be a mother. She just willingly endangered her newborn and went on the run. The baby is a few weeks old and she's already put both their lives at risk.

It's one thing to be a young mom but 13 is something completely different than say 15-17. At 13 she won't even be able to care for herself let alone a child without the help of other adults. She has no support system in place. When this puppy love with step daddy wears off who knows how she will take it emotionally. At that point the baby is an eternal reminder of what happened. In the end it would probably be best for both her and the baby's well being if they were separated.

I look at this image of Katherine and it says nothing if not here is baby who now has a baby because of the adults in her life not just using poor judgement but engaged in actual criminal behavior.

Someone should snatch the Mom shirt off of Grannies back I'm presuming she wore in her civil wedding photo at the courthouse. She is certainly culpable in this and squeezing out a few tears will not save her. She served her daughter up to this pedophile.

I am so thankful that Katherine and her infant came through this and appear to be well and safe. She will need mental health professionals to work through just how she was taken advantage of by both her mother and the piece of human excrement she brought into her daughters life of such vulnerable and tender years.

Back